RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Mikevictor
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Mikevictor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Shawshank wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:15 pm
Mikevictor wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:24 am
DanyD92 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:35 am
Anyone doing the total opposite of training and letting their body rest up and heal while the gyms as are closed and everyone is staying inside for the most part?
Work long shifts (essential service), have a stupid long commute, and for that reason I have a full gym in my garage (rack, bars, weights) and run almost daily.

Prior to this all I was about to purchase more bumper plates but it looks like I'll have to hold off for now.
I had a home gym before I was hired. After, I have expanded it a lot and its been great. When I am short on time, or between night shifts, I can go out and not waste 30 minutes travel time to the gym.
That's exactly why I have it. That and not having to wait for equipment to free up in a gym.

Love working out at 2am on my swing shift. Ensures I get enough sleep before my first gravie

Eagles1992
Rookie Member

Postby Eagles1992 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Mikevictor wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:24 pm
Shawshank wrote:
Mikevictor wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:24 am

Work long shifts (essential service), have a stupid long commute, and for that reason I have a full gym in my garage (rack, bars, weights) and run almost daily.

Prior to this all I was about to purchase more bumper plates but it looks like I'll have to hold off for now.
I had a home gym before I was hired. After, I have expanded it a lot and its been great. When I am short on time, or between night shifts, I can go out and not waste 30 minutes travel time to the gym.
That's exactly why I have it. That and not having to wait for equipment to free up in a gym.

Love working out at 2am on my swing shift. Ensures I get enough sleep before my first gravie
Home gyms are great if you have one, specially right now. Not gonna lie tough I do miss the social aspect of going to the gym and conversating with people. Fitness is one of those things you really cannot stop. Years of hard work and progress can be all lost if you slip up.

Mikevictor
Rookie Member

Postby Mikevictor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:03 pm

Eagles1992 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:03 pm
Mikevictor wrote:
Shawshank wrote:

Home gyms are great if you have one, specially right now. Not gonna lie tough I do miss the social aspect of going to the gym and conversating with people. Fitness is one of those things you really cannot stop. Years of hard work and progress can be all lost if you slip up.
I'm not social at the gym haha. In, workout, go home.

Body weight for now if you don't have anything available. There's a lot you can do at home without equipment.

BMAN-22
Rookie Member

Postby BMAN-22 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:26 pm

Mikevictor wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:03 pm
Eagles1992 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:03 pm
Mikevictor wrote:

I'm not social at the gym haha. In, workout, go home.

Body weight for now if you don't have anything available. There's a lot you can do at home without equipment.
Not to mention you can still get out and run and keep up on cardio. Our detachment gym is closed but I have a cardio machine at home and still run outside routinely.
RCMP General Duty - B Division

Ubique155
Rookie Member

Postby Ubique155 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:07 am

The update this morning, while worrying, was understandable:
Due to the evolving global COVID-19 situation, NRPC offices will be closed until March 30th at the earliest. Emails will not be monitored or responded to until the office is re-opened.

Files will be reviewed upon return to the office and applicants will be contacted.

If this matter is urgent, please email team_leader_nrpc@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.

We thank you for your understanding,
I'm glad the RCMP are taking care of their personnel through all of this. It must've been a tough decision, but the health and safety of their staff is well worth a few weeks of yoga at home waiting to hear from them.

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:37 am

Hello all,

Unfortunately I don't have any further information about security clearance processing at this point. Now that the "cat is out of the bag" regarding Depot's complete closure, you have to understand the situation is very fluid. So my post last week about Depot still being open and troop dates continuing to be accurate was wrong by the end of the day :( But that was the most up to date information I had at the time. So whether the DSU (security screening) folks are actively working on files while working from home, I'm not sure. I can imagine some things are being done, but as an applicant it's easiest just to continue to put the application on the backburner and carry on living your life. This, like most things in life shall pass and we will ramp back up as soon as we can.

Imran

DanyD92

Postby DanyD92 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:08 pm

Hello/Bonjour,

(Le français suit)

Due to the evolving global COVID‐19 situation, NRPC offices are closed until further notice. We do have teams working remotely to ensure that applications are continuing in the process as much as possible; however, there may be some delays in processing, depending on where each application is and their particular situation.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide exact information regarding possible delays.

We ask that you continue to adhere to all diary dates if possible.

If you are unable to meet a diary date, please inform us of your situation. We will then evaluate for a diary date extension or other possible solution.

As Depot is unable to accept any new Troops at this time, should you be cleared and ready for a Troop offer, you will be informed and added to the queue for assignment to a Troop Number and Date as soon as Depot is cleared to accept new Troops.

We understand that these are uncharted and unsettling times, however we want to assure you that are working to ensure our process continues.

Your patience is appreciated.

Should you be unable to reach your Recruiting Analyst, please feel free to contact the Team Lead mailbox.
BC
App:23/9/18
RPAB:28/11/18
SP submitted:20/12/18
Quality Assurance:15/01/19
RMAQ Rec:16/07/19
RFI: 25/07/19
Field investigation:6/08/19
PEP:15/09/19
PEP Rec:01/10/19
Med:03/10/19
Psych:16/10/19
Final med:25/10/19
Medical Clearance: 16/01/20
SC:
Troop:

DanyD92

Postby DanyD92 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:08 pm

DanyD92 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:08 pm
Hello/Bonjour,

(Le français suit)

Due to the evolving global COVID‐19 situation, NRPC offices are closed until further notice. We do have teams working remotely to ensure that applications are continuing in the process as much as possible; however, there may be some delays in processing, depending on where each application is and their particular situation.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide exact information regarding possible delays.

If you are unable to meet a diary date, please inform us of your situation. We will then evaluate for a diary date extension or other possible solution.

As Depot is unable to accept any new Troops at this time, should you be cleared and ready for a Troop offer, you will be informed and added to the queue for assignment to a Troop Number and Date as soon as Depot is cleared to accept new Troops.

We understand that these are uncharted and unsettling times, however we want to assure you that are working to ensure our process continues.

Should you be unable to reach your Recruiting Analyst, please feel free to contact the Team Lead mailbox.
Just got the email from recruiting
BC
SC:
Troop:

neonlights97

Postby neonlights97 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:10 pm

Ont. RCMP Recruiter wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:37 am
Hello all,

Unfortunately I don't have any further information about security clearance processing at this point. Now that the "cat is out of the bag" regarding Depot's complete closure, you have to understand the situation is very fluid. So my post last week about Depot still being open and troop dates continuing to be accurate was wrong by the end of the day :( But that was the most up to date information I had at the time. So whether the DSU (security screening) folks are actively working on files while working from home, I'm not sure. I can imagine some things are being done, but as an applicant it's easiest just to continue to put the application on the backburner and carry on living your life. This, like most things in life shall pass and we will ramp back up as soon as we can.

Imran
Hi Imran,

Would civilian member applications that have been submitted to the RCMP thru the Government of Canada's website also be put on hiatus until this COVID-19 situation gets better?

Canadianpatriot
Rookie Member

Postby Canadianpatriot » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:50 pm

DanyD92 wrote:
DanyD92 wrote:
Hello/Bonjour,

(Le français suit)

Was this sent by your Recruiting Analyst or just an automated email ? Please clarify . Thanks
A mediocre idea brilliantly presented often gains acceptance, whereas a brilliant idea badly presented often dies in birth.
Dr. George J. Thompson, Verbal Judo, Second Edition: The Gentle Art of Persuasion.

ontario99
Rookie Member

Postby ontario99 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:15 pm

Looking for some clarification...

Is it always a different person conducting the field investigation portion of the application? I hadn't heard or received any email from my file coordinator about the field investigation just that I had passed the PEP.

Happy self isolating all!
TIMELINE
App: July 4/19
RPAB: August 12/19
SP submitted: September 10/19
SP reviewed: September 16/19
Suitability: January 7/20
RMAQ: January 23/20
RFI: January 28/20
PEP: March 6/20
PEP rec: March 16/20
Field Investigation start: March 19
Psych:
Med:

Eagles1992
Rookie Member

Postby Eagles1992 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:20 pm

DanyD92 wrote:
DanyD92 wrote:
Hello/Bonjour,

(Le français suit)

Do the Carlton dance when you get the call.

DanyD92

Postby DanyD92 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:09 pm

Canadianpatriot wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:50 pm
DanyD92 wrote:
DanyD92 wrote:
Hello/Bonjour,

(Le français suit)

Was this sent by your Recruiting Analyst or just an automated email ? Please clarify . Thanks
Recruiting Team leader
BC
SC:
Troop:

Canadianpatriot
Rookie Member

Postby Canadianpatriot » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:18 pm

DanyD92 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:09 pm
Canadianpatriot wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:50 pm
DanyD92 wrote:

Recruiting Team leader
Thank You
A mediocre idea brilliantly presented often gains acceptance, whereas a brilliant idea badly presented often dies in birth.
Dr. George J. Thompson, Verbal Judo, Second Edition: The Gentle Art of Persuasion.

Canadianpatriot
Rookie Member

Postby Canadianpatriot » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:02 am

Just a heads up ..
Cyber-criminals are taking advantage of this pandemic by sending emails and links to warn or educate people about COVID19. These emails ,links or videos (sometimes...) appear to be legit and from trustworthy sources like WHO or Health Canada. In fact, these files do carry a malware that will allow them to access your device or accounts and may result in losing your personal credentials and passwords or making your confidential info ( credit cards #, online banking ) easily accessible.
DO NOT click on any link, or open any file that may appear suspecious to you.

Navigate safely !