RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
DanyD92

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby DanyD92 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:41 pm

Update: Due to COVID-19, Depot will be temporariliy halting all operations. Cadets will be sent home and will return at a later date.

Upcoming troops will be re-scheduled.

Processing of applicants will continue, however delays will occur at various stages.

We will keep you informed as more information is available.

Thank you!
BC
App:23/9/18
RPAB:28/11/18
SP submitted:20/12/18
Quality Assurance:15/01/19
RMAQ Rec:16/07/19
RFI: 25/07/19
Field investigation:6/08/19
PEP:15/09/19
PEP Rec:01/10/19
Med:03/10/19
Psych:16/10/19
Final med:25/10/19
Medical Clearance: 16/01/20
SC:
Troop:

DanyD92

Postby DanyD92 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:43 pm

COVID-19 Update: First, thank you all for your patience as we work through these challenging times. I would like to provide some clarification regarding the current situation, and likely short to medium term situation, within the National Recruiting Program.

1. For the foreseeable future, we will not be holding Career Presentations or RPAT exam sessions.

2. Most Recruiting Analysts have limited access to the network, and thus you may not hear from them as often as normal. Management will be taking on more of an operational role, however correspondence will be limited and/or delayed.

3. RMAQ and RFI sessions will continue, however on a limited schedule. Many sessions will be re-scheduled.

4. Pre-employment Polygraph sessions will likely be rescheduled.

5. Medical and Psychological assessments will likely be rescheduled.

6. Security screenings will continue, however will experience delays.

7. Troop 40, scheduled to commence on March 23 will be delayed. Decisions for upcoming troops will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

Again, thank you for your patience.
BC
SC:
Troop:

DanyD92

Postby DanyD92 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:44 pm

All from the Facebook group.
BC
SC:
Troop:

Eagles1992
Rookie Member

Postby Eagles1992 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:48 pm

DanyD92 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:43 pm
COVID-19 Update: First, thank you all for your patience as we work through these challenging times. I would like to provide some clarification regarding the current situation, and likely short to medium term situation, within the National Recruiting Program.

1. For the foreseeable future, we will not be holding Career Presentations or RPAT exam sessions.

2. Most Recruiting Analysts have limited access to the network, and thus you may not hear from them as often as normal. Management will be taking on more of an operational role, however correspondence will be limited and/or delayed.

3. RMAQ and RFI sessions will continue, however on a limited schedule. Many sessions will be re-scheduled.

4. Pre-employment Polygraph sessions will likely be rescheduled.

5. Medical and Psychological assessments will likely be rescheduled.

6. Security screenings will continue, however will experience delays.

7. Troop 40, scheduled to commence on March 23 will be delayed. Decisions for upcoming troops will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

Again, thank you for your patience.
Most jobs (including mine) have sensentive information. As long the employee knows not share the information with a third party they should be able to work from home.

VanSmack
Rookie Member

Postby VanSmack » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:13 pm

Recruiters aren’t part of the departmental security screening unit., they don’t even work in the same building or in most cases even the same province. Shutting down Depot doesn’t mean that security clearances for applicants are going to get more attention than they would have otherwise gotten, because the operations of Depot don’t have any impact whatsoever on what happens with DSU. In fact, all the people working in DSU were told not to come to work before the decision to shut down training.

At best this was wishful thinking by whoever said it, in the hopes it would take some of the sting out of applicants who thought they were close to getting a troop date.
Don't call it a comeback...

sig1992
Rookie Member

Postby sig1992 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:44 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:13 pm
Recruiters aren’t part of the departmental security screening unit., they don’t even work in the same building or in most cases even the same province. Shutting down Depot doesn’t mean that security clearances for applicants are going to get more attention than they would have otherwise gotten, because the operations of Depot don’t have any impact whatsoever on what happens with DSU. In fact, all the people working in DSU were told not to come to work before the decision to shut down training.

At best this was wishful thinking by whoever said it, in the hopes it would take some of the sting out of applicants who thought they were close to getting a troop date.
Meh, no sting for me really, approaching a year waiting on my clearance and given everything that’s going on my attention is focused more on the developing situation and those who are actually suffering..bigger things are happening so my clearance will come when it comes.

The only initial worry I had before I realized how greedy I was being was that my file would be lost in all this madness.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:06 am

DanyD92 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:40 pm
VanSmack wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:43 pm
DanyD92 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:12 pm

Good news is If your in security then your file is getting worked on. Slow but getting worked on. Bad news is this can set back alot of people in the process as well as troops.
How do you figure that’s the case? Departmental security screening for applicants is not an essential service. Anyone performing a non-essential service is being directed not to come to work and await directions as far as redeployment until this is all wrapped up. Members in DSU aren’t allowed to just take personnel files home to do security backgrounds in their kitchens.

Much like the Depot employees described in the press release Pete posted, the people in DSU are in the same boat. Everything is getting a big pause button pushed on it until further notice.
There was a post in the Facebook applicant group from one of the recruiters
If I told you how in-the-know VS is, I would have to kill you, me, and ghost-the-crap out of Dave Brown. I am ambivalent re door #1, meh on #2, but hankering to get it on re #3, so....
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)

N_McKenna
Rookie Member

Postby N_McKenna » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:00 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:06 am
DanyD92 wrote:
VanSmack wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:43 pm

How do you figure that’s the case? Departmental security screening for applicants is not an essential service. Anyone performing a non-essential service is being directed not to come to work and await directions as far as redeployment until this is all wrapped up. Members in DSU aren’t allowed to just take personnel files home to do security backgrounds in their kitchens.

Much like the Depot employees described in the press release Pete posted, the people in DSU are in the same boat. Everything is getting a big pause button pushed on it until further notice.
If I told you how in-the-know VS is, I would have to kill you, me, and ghost-the-crap out of Dave Brown. I am ambivalent re door #1, meh on #2, but hankering to get it on re #3, so....
So don’t bank on SC’s still being processed? Would Ont. RCMP recruiter have any insight?

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:54 pm

N_McKenna wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:00 pm
Pete Broccolo wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:06 am
DanyD92 wrote:
So don’t bank on SC’s still being processed? Would Ont. RCMP recruiter have any insight?
You DESPERATELY need to read THIS, AND the Ont, threads, PLUS the RCMP Recruiting page, so git goin'!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)

VanSmack
Rookie Member

Postby VanSmack » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:13 pm

N_McKenna wrote:
At this point I would not only not expect applicant security clearances to be processed, I wouldn’t expect anything related to administrative processes of your applications (so literally everything) to be worked on.

Anyone not in a front line operational function has been directed not to come to work and to self isolate, not only because it’s what the entire population should be doing right now, but because when the front line people who are still going to work invariably get sick the recruiters, Depot instructors and police officers assigned to all the other non-operational matters will be the only reserve of qualified police available to fill the short term vacancies created.

If you are an applicant (not directing this at any particular person) and your response to all of this is “WTF, they should be moving my application along, it’s already been xx number of months,” then not only do you need to adjust your perspective on the life-changing potential this current pandemic presents for millions of people worldwide, but you need to consider not being so selfish - the type of mentality required for someone to do the job of a police officer well requires you to think of someone outside of your own set of specific circumstances. Your application is the last thing anyone in the RCMP needs to be concerned with right at this exact moment in time.
Don't call it a comeback...

N_McKenna
Rookie Member

Postby N_McKenna » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:28 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:13 pm
N_McKenna wrote:
At this point I would not only not expect applicant security clearances to be processed, I wouldn’t expect anything related to administrative processes of your applications (so literally everything) to be worked on.

Anyone not in a front line operational function has been directed not to come to work and to self isolate, not only because it’s what the entire population should be doing right now, but because when the front line people who are still going to work invariably get sick the recruiters, Depot instructors and police officers assigned to all the other non-operational matters will be the only reserve of qualified police available to fill the short term vacancies created.

If you are an applicant (not directing this at any particular person) and your response to all of this is “WTF, they should be moving my application along, it’s already been xx number of months,” then not only do you need to adjust your perspective on the life-changing potential this current pandemic presents for millions of people worldwide, but you need to consider not being so selfish - the type of mentality required for someone to do the job of a police officer well requires you to think of someone outside of your own set of specific circumstances. Your application is the last thing anyone in the RCMP needs to be concerned with right at this exact moment in time.
Thanks for the info Van.

DanyD92

Postby DanyD92 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:35 am

Anyone doing the total opposite of training and letting their body rest up and heal while the gyms as are closed and everyone is staying inside for the most part?
BC
SC:
Troop:

Mike07P
Rookie Member

Postby Mike07P » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:17 am

DanyD92 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:35 am
Anyone doing the total opposite of training and letting their body rest up and heal while the gyms as are closed and everyone is staying inside for the most part?
Kickboxing Gym is closed so all I have is my kettlebell in my apartment and running along the Canal (Ottawa). I work long shifts (don’t have the ability to work from home) so I do 30 push-ups every hour and stretch and mix it up everyday.

I hope everyone is making the best of this “lockdown”. This might sound weird but see it as a blessing. More time to get into/stay in shape... and that’s really all we can do.
ON
App: April 8th 2019
RPAB: N/A
RMAQ Rvw: October 23rd 2019
RFI: October 30th 2019
PEP: December 13th 2019
BGI: November 12th 2019
Psych MMPI: January 10th 2020
Med: January 17th 2020
Med approv: February 27th 2020
SC: Waiting as of 02/24/2020

Mikevictor
Rookie Member

Postby Mikevictor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:24 am

DanyD92 wrote:
Work long shifts (essential service), have a stupid long commute, and for that reason I have a full gym in my garage (rack, bars, weights) and run almost daily.

Prior to this all I was about to purchase more bumper plates but it looks like I'll have to hold off for now.

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:15 pm

Mikevictor wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:24 am
DanyD92 wrote:
Work long shifts (essential service), have a stupid long commute, and for that reason I have a full gym in my garage (rack, bars, weights) and run almost daily.

Prior to this all I was about to purchase more bumper plates but it looks like I'll have to hold off for now.
I had a home gym before I was hired. After, I have expanded it a lot and its been great. When I am short on time, or between night shifts, I can go out and not waste 30 minutes travel time to the gym.
K division.