RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:55 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:12 pm

Just to curb some anxiety here, for those that have Depot dates at this moment there is no change, ie no cancellations etc. Rest assured that while you might be an automated "out of office" response, there are still folks in the processing centre and people checking emails etc. If there are any cancellations, you will be contacted directly. So keep calm and carry on.

Sorry just relaxed I didn't add the other part I wanted too. There was a questions asking if National recruiting had sent out an email about shutting down. I honestly don't know, but I can say a lot if not most of us (Ontario Recruiting Unit) are working from home for now. So keep that in mind if you are emailing your advisors. Remember that you're not the only one waiting to get fingerprints for the security clearance, a medical, phone interviews etc. If you have a diary date to submit documents, selection package, or a question, we will get back to you. If you can't submit things by the date their due, simply email your advisor of this. Even if you get an auto reply, there's now a paper trail of you advising us. This is what us Police officers like to call a chain of evidence :D

Imran

User avatar
DanyD92
Regular Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:57 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby DanyD92 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:00 pm

Email that I just received

Hello,

Due to the evolving global COVID-19 situation, NRPC offices will be closed until March 30th at the earliest.  Emails will not be monitored or responded to until the office is re-opened.

Files will be reviewed upon return to the office and applicants will be contacted.

We thank you for your understanding,

National Recruiting Processing Centre
RCMP
BC
App:23/9/18
RPAB:28/11/18
SP submitted:20/12/18
Quality Assurance:15/01/19
RMAQ Rec:16/07/19
RFI: 25/07/19
Field investigation:6/08/19
PEP:15/09/19
PEP Rec:01/10/19
Med:03/10/19
Psych:16/10/19
Final med:25/10/19
Medical Clearance: 16/01/20
SC:
Troop:

VanSmack
Rookie Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 am
Location: Your mom's house.
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby VanSmack » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:10 pm

Ont. RCMP Recruiter wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:12 pm
Just to curb some anxiety here, for those that have Depot dates at this moment there is no change, ie no cancellations etc. Rest assured that while you might be an automated "out of office" response, there are still folks in the processing centre and people checking emails etc. If there are any cancellations, you will be contacted directly. So keep calm and carry on.

Sorry just relaxed I didn't add the other part I wanted too. There was a questions asking if National recruiting had sent out an email about shutting down. I honestly don't know, but I can say a lot if not most of us (Ontario Recruiting Unit) are working from home for now. So keep that in mind if you are emailing your advisors. Remember that you're not the only one waiting to get fingerprints for the security clearance, a medical, phone interviews etc. If you have a diary date to submit documents, selection package, or a question, we will get back to you. If you can't submit things by the date their due, simply email your advisor of this. Even if you get an auto reply, there's now a paper trail of you advising us. This is what us Police officers like to call a chain of evidence :D

Imran

PM sent
Don't call it a comeback...

Eagles1992
Rookie Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Eagles1992 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:18 pm

DanyD92 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:00 pm
Email that I just received

Hello,

Due to the evolving global COVID-19 situation, NRPC offices will be closed until March 30th at the earliest.  Emails will not be monitored or responded to until the office is re-opened.

Files will be reviewed upon return to the office and applicants will be contacted.

We thank you for your understanding,

National Recruiting Processing Centre
RCMP
Same. Just have to roll with punches. You still got your gym open. :D

User avatar
DanyD92
Regular Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:57 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby DanyD92 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:06 pm

Eagles1992 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:18 pm
DanyD92 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:00 pm
Email that I just received

Hello,

Due to the evolving global COVID-19 situation, NRPC offices will be closed until March 30th at the earliest.  Emails will not be monitored or responded to until the office is re-opened.

Files will be reviewed upon return to the office and applicants will be contacted.

We thank you for your understanding,

National Recruiting Processing Centre
RCMP
Same. Just have to roll with punches. You still got your gym open. :D
Yes sir, only open to existing members and not accepting new members. Work is still a go and the range is open. So I'm keeping busy. How about you?
BC
App:23/9/18
RPAB:28/11/18
SP submitted:20/12/18
Quality Assurance:15/01/19
RMAQ Rec:16/07/19
RFI: 25/07/19
Field investigation:6/08/19
PEP:15/09/19
PEP Rec:01/10/19
Med:03/10/19
Psych:16/10/19
Final med:25/10/19
Medical Clearance: 16/01/20
SC:
Troop:

Eagles1992
Rookie Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Eagles1992 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:32 pm

DanyD92 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:06 pm
Eagles1992 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:18 pm
DanyD92 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:00 pm
Email that I just received

Hello,

Due to the evolving global COVID-19 situation, NRPC offices will be closed until March 30th at the earliest.  Emails will not be monitored or responded to until the office is re-opened.

Files will be reviewed upon return to the office and applicants will be contacted.

We thank you for your understanding,

National Recruiting Processing Centre
RCMP
Same. Just have to roll with punches. You still got your gym open. :D
Yes sir, only open to existing members and not accepting new members. Work is still a go and the range is open. So I'm keeping busy. How about you?
Working from home now. No gym to go to but I am running outside something I have never done before, usually play sports to get my cardio in. You know what they say, tough times don't last tough people do. Just greatfull for the sun. Free vitamin D. :D

User avatar
DanyD92
Regular Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:57 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby DanyD92 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:27 pm

Eagles1992 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:32 pm
DanyD92 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:06 pm
Eagles1992 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:18 pm


Same. Just have to roll with punches. You still got your gym open. :D
Yes sir, only open to existing members and not accepting new members. Work is still a go and the range is open. So I'm keeping busy. How about you?
Working from home now. No gym to go to but I am running outside something I have never done before, usually play sports to get my cardio in. You know what they say, tough times don't last tough people do. Just greatfull for the sun. Free vitamin D. :D
Very true. Well hopefully this will blow over soon and we will be back to normal.
BC
App:23/9/18
RPAB:28/11/18
SP submitted:20/12/18
Quality Assurance:15/01/19
RMAQ Rec:16/07/19
RFI: 25/07/19
Field investigation:6/08/19
PEP:15/09/19
PEP Rec:01/10/19
Med:03/10/19
Psych:16/10/19
Final med:25/10/19
Medical Clearance: 16/01/20
SC:
Troop:

User avatar
DanyD92
Regular Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:57 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby DanyD92 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:08 pm

Eagles1992 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:32 pm
DanyD92 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:06 pm
Eagles1992 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:18 pm


Same. Just have to roll with punches. You still got your gym open. :D
Yes sir, only open to existing members and not accepting new members. Work is still a go and the range is open. So I'm keeping busy. How about you?
Working from home now. No gym to go to but I am running outside something I have never done before, usually play sports to get my cardio in. You know what they say, tough times don't last tough people do. Just greatfull for the sun. Free vitamin D. :D
Drove to the gym about 5 min ago, see the parking lot empty... Drive up closer to the gym... Yup is closed.. oh I miss it already and it hasn't even been a full 24hrs.
BC
App:23/9/18
RPAB:28/11/18
SP submitted:20/12/18
Quality Assurance:15/01/19
RMAQ Rec:16/07/19
RFI: 25/07/19
Field investigation:6/08/19
PEP:15/09/19
PEP Rec:01/10/19
Med:03/10/19
Psych:16/10/19
Final med:25/10/19
Medical Clearance: 16/01/20
SC:
Troop:

Canadianpatriot
Rookie Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:13 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Canadianpatriot » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:46 am

Morning,
While training at depot, how do cadets keep in touch with their families ? Are they allowed to use smart phones and internet? Because during the time I spent working with the army in the middle east, we were prohibited from using any electronic device with camera or has access to the internet . We were only allowed to use " the flintstones-like" phones :banghead: 33-10 Nokia is what they recommended
A mediocre idea brilliantly presented often gains acceptance, whereas a brilliant idea badly presented often dies in birth.
Dr. George J. Thompson, Verbal Judo, Second Edition: The Gentle Art of Persuasion.

cbmcmsa
Regular Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:00 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby cbmcmsa » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:32 am

Canadianpatriot wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:46 am
Morning,
While training at depot, how do cadets keep in touch with their families ? Are they allowed to use smart phones and internet? Because during the time I spent working with the army in the middle east, we were prohibited from using any electronic device with camera or has access to the internet . We were only allowed to use " the flintstones-like" phones :banghead: 33-10 Nokia is what they recommended
Use the search function. Or Google it. It seems like you haven't done either.

To quickly answer your question, you're only allowed to use carrier pigeon or smoke signals (range will depend on wind and visibility) to contact loved ones. Hope this helps!
Former SBSO (CBSA)
App-08/18
RPAB-09/18
SP-11/18
Suitability-12/18
RMAQ-02/19
RFI-03/19
PEP-05/19
Med/Psych-05/19
Med/Psych Rec-06/19
Sec Clearance-07/19
Sec Clearance Rec-03/20
Troop Offer-March 10, 2020
Troop#4 (2020-05-04-2020-11-02)

Bradley37
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:18 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Bradley37 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:52 am

Canadianpatriot wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:46 am
Morning,
While training at depot, how do cadets keep in touch with their families ? Are they allowed to use smart phones and internet? Because during the time I spent working with the army in the middle east, we were prohibited from using any electronic device with camera or has access to the internet . We were only allowed to use " the flintstones-like" phones :banghead: 33-10 Nokia is what they recommended
During training hours you have no access to your cell phone or other devices. After hours you can use your device. Depot has internet, but not every where on base
ON APPLICANT
ONLINE APP: 2/06/18
SP: 2/12/18
RMAQ: 05/09/18
PEP:8/03/18
PEP Pass: 09/14/18
Psy: 10/23/18
Medical: 11/06/18
Med/Psy Pass: 12/28/18
SC Started: 12/28/18
SC Interview: 05/30/19
SC Issued : 07/29/19
Troop 23: Oct 14/19 - 2020/04/20

Canadianpatriot
Rookie Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:13 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Canadianpatriot » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:25 am

Bradley37 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:52 am
Canadianpatriot wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:46 am
Morning,
While training at depot, how do cadets keep in touch with their families ? Are they allowed to use smart phones and internet? Because during the time I spent working with the army in the middle east, we were prohibited from using any electronic device with camera or has access to the internet . We were only allowed to use " the flintstones-like" phones :banghead: 33-10 Nokia is what they recommended
During training hours you have no access to your cell phone or other devices. After hours you can use your device. Depot has internet, but not every where on base
Thanks man 👍🏽 appreciate it.
A mediocre idea brilliantly presented often gains acceptance, whereas a brilliant idea badly presented often dies in birth.
Dr. George J. Thompson, Verbal Judo, Second Edition: The Gentle Art of Persuasion.

IronWolf
Veteran Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby IronWolf » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:45 am

"Baltimore’s mayor has called on the city’s inhabitants to refrain from killing one another for the time being, asking them not to “clog up” hospital beds as the coronavirus pandemic spreads far and wide across the country.

Police from the Logan County Sheriff's Office in Colorado took a slightly different approach, taking to Facebook to ask “all criminal activities/nefarious conduct to cease until further notice,” adding they would “update you when you can return to your normal criminal behavior.”

Los Angeles and New York City, meanwhile, have begun freeing non-violent inmates to make room in already-crowded prisons, another attempt to stem the spread of the outbreak.
"

ontario99
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:44 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby ontario99 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:05 pm

Good afternoon,

Is it normal to have the field investigation commence before having the med/psych appointments scheduled?

TIA
TIMELINE
App: July 4/19
RPAB: August 12/19
SP submitted: September 10/19
SP reviewed: September 16/19
Suitability: January 7/20
RMAQ: January 23/20
RFI: January 28/20
PEP: March 6/20
PEP rec: March 16/20
Field Investigation start: March 19
Psych:
Med:

K9HQ
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:22 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby K9HQ » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:20 pm

For those that are interested in a current timeline. I’m a BC applicant and awaiting results of my medical before moving onto the SC. Good luck out there to other applicants! :D

App: May 2019
Right Fit Interview: September 2019
PEP Review: October 2019
PEP: January 2020
Field Investigation: February 2020
Medical: February 2020
Psych: March 2020
SC: Pending
Troop: Pending


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 06abrahb, acbc, adamsablueline, AhrefsBot, Google [Bot] and 5 guests