RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Sk88
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Sk88 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:05 pm

godin3311 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:00 pm
Sk88 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:34 pm
Congrats to everyone that got good news today. I am new here just submitted my complete application Jan 2019 and latest update is I finished my RMAQ phone call yesterday. Any tips and suggestions while I wait? Any idea how long it takes until the next step?
This is a loaded question. Impossible to answer really.
You'll see that some people wait months during portions of their process compared to others, and will fly through other stages compared to others.
Best tip I can give you, don't compare time lines :) It'll drive you crazy LOL
Keep busy in between stages while you wait, live you're life, try and better yourself, life experiences, all that good stuff.
Thank you for the advice!

epeac895
Rookie Member

Postby epeac895 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Sk88 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:34 pm
Congrats to everyone that got good news today. I am new here just submitted my complete application Jan 2019 and latest update is I finished my RMAQ phone call yesterday. Any tips and suggestions while I wait? Any idea how long it takes until the next step?

Again congrats everyone!
Biggest suggestion is live your life and hit the gym! Timelines of others will be drastically different from yours; each applicant is unique at each stage. Go through your RMAQ a few times before your poly and make sure your mind is clear and you don’t have anything else to disclose.
AB Applicant
App:02/08/18
RPAB:11/09/18
SP:07/11/18
RMAQ Rvw:18/12/18
PEP:12/01/19
PEP Apr:18/01/19
BGI:26/02/19
Med/Psych:28/02/19
Psych Int:10/05/19
Med approv:5/06/19
FSR:06/03/19
DSU:13/03/19
SC issued:
Troop:

OPTIX
Rookie Member

Postby OPTIX » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:10 am

I was walking downtown this morning, headed toward the parking garage where my car was parked.
As I passed other people walking by I noticed a peculiar guy looking at me. He was staring at me, walking toward me on the sidewalk. He was your typical looking street punk. Red shoes, hat on sideways, walking with a ghetto limp, and smoking a cigarette. The closer we got, the more he stared at me, not trying to hide it. With my sunglasses on, I kept my head down and continued to walk like I didn't notice him.
As we passed each other, he turned his entire body toward me, letting me know he was staring me up and down, studying my face.
Maintaining my beeline, I walked right past. Just then he turned to his girlfriend and said "that's a cop!"

I laughed to myself. What the heck am I projecting? I'm not wearing a red serge or anything. I took it as a compliment, but still. What gives? Must have been the Oakleys?

(I'm just an applicant)
PARE: Sept 2018
APP: Oct 2018
RMAQ: May 2019

Suikoden

Postby Suikoden » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:06 am

OPTIX wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:10 am
I was walking downtown this morning, headed toward the parking garage where my car was parked.
As I passed other people walking by I noticed a peculiar guy looking at me. He was staring at me, walking toward me on the sidewalk. He was your typical looking street punk. Red shoes, hat on sideways, walking with a ghetto limp, and smoking a cigarette. The closer we got, the more he stared at me, not trying to hide it. With my sunglasses on, I kept my head down and continued to walk like I didn't notice him.
As we passed each other, he turned his entire body toward me, letting me know he was staring me up and down, studying my face.
Maintaining my beeline, I walked right past. Just then he turned to his girlfriend and said "that's a cop!"

I laughed to myself. What the heck am I projecting? I'm not wearing a red serge or anything. I took it as a compliment, but still. What gives? Must have been the Oakleys?

(I'm just an applicant)
Probably the “I’m going to make the RCMP” T-shirt you were wearing or the police prep book that was hold in your hands.
Five laps owed so far

29 Mar - OTEE pass
28/29 Apr - CRFSC/CFSC pass

VanSmack

Postby VanSmack » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:31 pm

This happens more than you think, I've seen plenty of guys who called non-cops out as being cops, both when the guy was legitimately being surveilled and when they weren't. Some people think they're so gangster that they can somehow be geniuses at knowing when the cops are watching. Most of the time they're just paranoid and full of shit.
When people get too chummy with me, I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don’t really care about them.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:19 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:31 pm
This happens more than you think, I've seen plenty of guys who called non-cops out as being cops, both when the guy was legitimately being surveilled and when they weren't. Some people think they're so gangster that they can somehow be geniuses at knowing when the cops are watching. Most of the time they're just paranoid and full of shit.
You say that like its a bad thing!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC & NPF supporter
Husband, Dad, F-I-L, & Grampa

Jkg23
Rookie Member

Postby Jkg23 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 pm

New here!!

I’m in troop 13- July 15.

Policemom
Rookie Member

Postby Policemom » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:47 pm

Jkg23 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 pm
New here!!

I’m in troop 13- July 15.
Congrats! So am I! Looking forward to meeting you.

godin3311

Postby godin3311 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:49 pm

Awesome!
Lucky 13. See you there!
ON Applicant
Applied Oct 2017
RMAQ: Nov 9/17
PEP: Jan 31/18
PEP Rec: May 22/18
BGI: Aug 3/18
Psych: Aug 8/18
Physical: Aug 17/18
FS: Started Aug 28/18
Medical: Oct 31/18
SC: Started Aug 28/18
SC Interview: Jan 28/19
SC Issued: Feb 27/19
Troop 13

SadaBerg
Rookie Member

Postby SadaBerg » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:44 pm

Good afternoon everyone 😊

This is my first time posting. My husband applied 2 years and 3 months ago. This morning he received a 2 year deferal. The reason given for his deferal is vague and could mean a number of different things. How would he go about finding out why exactly he was defered since you aren't supposed to respond to the email or contact your file coordinator? He isn't planning an appeal or anything like that and is planning on re appluing in 2021.We would just like a better understanding. Thank you.

sig1992

Postby sig1992 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:37 pm

SadaBerg wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:44 pm

This is my first time posting. My husband applied 2 years and 3 months ago. This morning he received a 2 year deferal. The reason given for his deferal is vague and could mean a number of different things. How would he go about finding out why exactly he was defered since you aren't supposed to respond to the email or contact your file coordinator? He isn't planning an appeal or anything like that and is planning on re appluing in 2021.We would just like a better understanding. Thank you.
Sorry to hear that, in my previous deferrals, I was given my reason why immediately following my first deferral in the form of a phone call informing me of x reasons, my second deferral, approximately 30 days after the deferral was handed down to me.

I’m sure it’s case by case though!
Deferral: 2013
Deferral: 2015
Deferral: 2016
RPAB: Exempt
SP: JUL-18
RMAQ: SEP-18
QA: SEP-18
PEP: OCT-18
PEP PASS: DEC-18
MED JAN-19
Psych: FEB-19
BGI: MAR-19
Psych II: MAR-19
DSU: MAR-19
MED clear: APR-19
SEC: APR-19
SEC clear:
Troop:

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:42 pm

SadaBerg wrote:

It may be something that he is aware of, but wishes not to discuss it with you. However, currently, the policy is as you have stated, so, if he really wants to join the RCMP to become a Police Officer, then he waits.
His other option is to apply to be a Police Officer with the OPP, or SQ, if you and he live in those Provinces, or are open to moving there, or a Municipal Police Service either where you and he live, or near to your current location, or elsewhere.
I would suggest you encourage him to join this forum himself, read through the experiences, both successful, and not so much, of the other forum members, and he may get a better idea of what he needs to do, in addition to waiting 2 years, to improve his chances of being accepted by the RCMP, or another Police Service, or other Law Enforcement Agency.
There are many administrative challenges to be faced as a Police Officer Member of the RCMP, given our current lack of an Association, transfer policies, promotion system, etc.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC & NPF supporter
Husband, Dad, F-I-L, & Grampa

SadaBerg
Rookie Member

Postby SadaBerg » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:31 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:42 pm
SadaBerg wrote:

It may be something that he is aware of, but wishes not to discuss it with you. However, currently, the policy is as you have stated, so, if he really wants to join the RCMP to become a Police Officer, then he waits.
His other option is to apply to be a Police Officer with the OPP, or SQ, if you and he live in those Provinces, or are open to moving there, or a Municipal Police Service either where you and he live, or near to your current location, or elsewhere.
I would suggest you encourage him to join this forum himself, read through the experiences, both successful, and not so much, of the other forum members, and he may get a better idea of what he needs to do, in addition to waiting 2 years, to improve his chances of being accepted by the RCMP, or another Police Service, or other Law Enforcement Agency.
There are many administrative challenges to be faced as a Police Officer Member of the RCMP, given our current lack of an Association, transfer policies, promotion system, etc.
Thank you. This is excellent advice.

lmapplicant28
Rookie Member

Postby lmapplicant28 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:10 am

Hello,

Got an update with my file (BC Applicant). I did my medical assessment mid January and received my medical clearance 4 days ago. Just waiting on the security clearance now. My file was sent to DSU around mid January as well. Does anyone know if they begin the security clearance process when the file is sent to DSU or do they wait until medical clearance has been received and then begin on the security clearance?

jossboss
Rookie Member

Postby jossboss » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:57 am

lmapplicant28 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:10 am
Hello,

Got an update with my file (BC Applicant). I did my medical assessment mid January and received my medical clearance 4 days ago. Just waiting on the security clearance now. My file was sent to DSU around mid January as well. Does anyone know if they begin the security clearance process when the file is sent to DSU or do they wait until medical clearance has been received and then begin on the security clearance?
Nobody knows to be honest and you probably won’t get a solid answer here. Ask your recruiter lolll
Ont App
App: Jan 2017
SP: Apr 2017
SP Rev: Jun 2017
RMAQ: Aug 2017
PEP: Dec 2017
PEP Follow: Feb 2018
PEP Rec: Feb 2018
BGI: Mar 2018
Psych: April 2018
Medical: Apr 2018
Psych Follow: May 2018