RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Canadianpatriot
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Canadianpatriot » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:13 am

Stripes wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:01 am
Canadianpatriot wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:10 pm
Hello brothers in red serge !! How long it usually takes to move on to RFI after finishing the RMAQ phone call ?
Already addressed by VanSmack... pump the brakes. Earn it first.
I addressed whoever earned the red serge, doesn't necessarily makes me one of them. I know I am still walking a long way and chasing this honor that every applicant dream of, But hopefully one day I will come back here, and rewrite the same sentence as a brother in the red serge. Cheers.
"The more you know, the less you fear" - Astronaut Cpt. Chris Hadfield.

Justakid
Rookie Member

Postby Justakid » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:15 am

I Graduate from the CTP on Monday.. Depot was probably the toughest thing I’ve ever done so do your research and know that it’s not a free Badge . But on March 9th I finally become a Constable. Good luck everyone, I hope to see you all in the field one day.

Canadianpatriot
Rookie Member

Postby Canadianpatriot » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:22 am

Justakid wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:15 am
I Graduate from the CTP on Monday.. Depot was probably the toughest thing I’ve ever done so do your research and know that it’s not a free Badge . But on March 9th I finally become a Constable. Good luck everyone, I hope to see you all in the field one day.
Congrats in advance man !!

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:10 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:44 am
Canadianpatriot wrote:
Hello brothers in red serge !!
Let’s take about 80% right off the top of that one. The majority of people active in this particular thread - including you - Haven’t done anything remotely approaching earning the right to wear a red serge, let alone refer to yourselves as somehow part of a regimental brotherhood that you have no right to claim membership to.

Filling out some paperwork and fumbling your way through an application process where you aren’t even the one doing the majority of the work involved qualifies you to be part of a brotherhood with other applicants about as much as my drinking 2% ilk makes mea kindred soul to all other 2% milk drinkers out there.
Canadianpatriot, you gained a LOT of demerits herein.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)

Canadianpatriot
Rookie Member

Postby Canadianpatriot » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:10 pm
VanSmack wrote:
Canadianpatriot wrote:
Hello brothers in red serge !!
Let’s take about 80% right off the top of that one. The majority of people active in this particular thread - including you - Haven’t done anything remotely approaching earning the right to wear a red serge, let alone refer to yourselves as somehow part of a regimental brotherhood that you have no right to claim membership to.

Filling out some paperwork and fumbling your way through an application process where you aren’t even the one doing the majority of the work involved qualifies you to be part of a brotherhood with other applicants about as much as my drinking 2% ilk makes mea kindred soul to all other 2% milk drinkers out there.
Hello Pete,
We are all brothers in humanity aren't we ? I've always addressed lots of mounties in my community as " brother " and therefore everyone who earned the red serge in here, still considered a brother at least to myself . Why everybody is making it sound like a guilt ? It doesn't necessarily makes me one of you guys, but we are all brothers at the end. I can take my word back if its offending this much. Cheers :)

Eagles1992
Rookie Member

Postby Eagles1992 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:30 pm

Canadianpatriot wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:39 pm
Pete Broccolo wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:10 pm
VanSmack wrote:

Hello Pete,
We are all brothers in humanity aren't we ? I've always addressed lots of mounties in my community as " brother " and therefore everyone who earned the red serge in here, still considered a brother at least to myself . Why everybody is making it sound like a guilt ? It doesn't necessarily makes me one of you guys, but we are all brothers at the end. I can take my word back if its offending this much. Cheers :)
Hey, I am not sure if this is a culture thing but you really have to learn how to read a room. No one is attacking you or trying to make you feel bad. What they are saying is for you to earn your spot, brick by brick. Sometimes it's ok to apologize even if you think you're right.

I am sure you're a great guy but your posts can be viewed as arrogant to some. Be humbled, get the information you need from this forum and keep your head down. Good luck!

Nour :)

Eagles1992
Rookie Member

Postby Eagles1992 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:12 pm

Hey I am just wondering if someone had similar experience. I submitted my application package and shortly after my FC send me and email stating my application will be reviewed. Shortly after that I got another email stating my application was recommended to proceed. Couple days after I got another email asking for middle names and to confirm information on my security forms. And now I received another email stating I have been recommended to proceed again. Did my FC send me the same email by accident again?

I ask this because last time I applied they never asked me to clarify any security information I just went straight to the rmaq stage.

macgillivaryaj
Rookie Member

Postby macgillivaryaj » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:10 pm

Eagles1992 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:12 pm
Hey I am just wondering if someone had similar experience. I submitted my application package and shortly after my FC send me and email stating my application will be reviewed. Shortly after that I got another email stating my application was recommended to proceed. Couple days after I got another email asking for middle names and to confirm information on my security forms. And now I received another email stating I have been recommended to proceed again. Did my FC send me the same email by accident again?

I ask this because last time I applied they never asked me to clarify any security information I just went straight to the rmaq stage.
I had the same thing only in relation to last names, after supplying the information I again got the "recommended to proceed" email again.
NS Applicant
App: 10/15/19
SP submitted: 10/25/19
RMAQ: 03/31/2020
RFI: 04/22/2020
RFI passed: 04/24/2020
PEP:
PEP Rec:
Psych:
Psych follow up:
Medical:
Med Rec:
SC:
Troop:

Eagles1992
Rookie Member

Postby Eagles1992 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:34 pm

macgillivaryaj wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:10 pm
Eagles1992 wrote:

I had the same thing only in relation to last names, after supplying the information I again got the "recommended to proceed" email again.
I guess they're just being thorough, makes sense. So it begins. Good luck and thank you for your response.

macgillivaryaj
Rookie Member

Postby macgillivaryaj » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:49 pm

Eagles1992 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:34 pm
macgillivaryaj wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:10 pm
Eagles1992 wrote:

I guess they're just being thorough, makes sense. So it begins. Good luck and thank you for your response.
No worries, and good luck to you as well!
NS Applicant
App: 10/15/19
SP submitted: 10/25/19
RMAQ: 03/31/2020
RFI: 04/22/2020
RFI passed: 04/24/2020
PEP:
PEP Rec:
Psych:
Psych follow up:
Medical:
Med Rec:
SC:
Troop:

vroom
Rookie Member

Postby vroom » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:10 am

From conversations I've had with recruiting, CAF mbrs on LWOP potentially qualify for a higher rate of pay on enrollment.

Has anyone taken this avenue and if so, did you put your release in while on LWOP?

Mikevictor
Rookie Member

Postby Mikevictor » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:16 am

vroom wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:10 am
From conversations I've had with recruiting, CAF mbrs on LWOP potentially qualify for a higher rate of pay on enrollment.

Has anyone taken this avenue and if so, did you put your release in while on LWOP?
I don't know about CAF, but I assume it is the same. CBSA, CSC etc get their old rate of pay right out of depot until the rate of pay you would normally be receiving as a member catches up. Processing time varies. One friend waited quite a while for it to be processed so expect to be starting at the regular rate of pay while on rft to be safe if you're planning for bills etc.

oxlemar
Rookie Member

Postby oxlemar » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:24 am

Mikevictor wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:16 am
vroom wrote:

I don't know about CAF, but I assume it is the same. CBSA, CSC etc get their old rate of pay right out of depot until the rate of pay you would normally be receiving as a member catches up. Processing time varies. One friend waited quite a while for it to be processed so expect to be starting at the regular rate of pay while on rft to be safe if you're planning for bills etc.
I've heard Public Service Employees of the Federal Government are eligible for the same thing. They match your Constable rate of pay to the closest Step as your LWOP substantive. Some people start out at Step 5 right out of Depot pending the paperwork gets processed and pay adjustment gets implemented.

vroom
Rookie Member

Postby vroom » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:42 am

oxlemar wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:24 am
Mikevictor wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:16 am
vroom wrote:

I've heard Public Service Employees of the Federal Government are eligible for the same thing. They match your Constable rate of pay to the closest Step as your LWOP substantive. Some people start out at Step 5 right out of Depot pending the paperwork gets processed and pay adjustment gets implemented.
Thanks. I'll talk with a clerk about the logistics of pulling the plug while on LWOP.

js94
Rookie Member

Postby js94 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:17 pm

Good Day Everyone,

Someone that is in the process of applying to the RCMP got an email stating that exam exemptions for those that have degrees or diplomas will be cancelled starting June 1st. Anyone heard of this?