RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

sig1992
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby sig1992 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:56 am

Looking for a former (or current) CAF member who has knowledge of whether or not your MMPR is a required document upon arrival at Depot, I was told that it would be required by a recruit going through an earlier troop last year.

Any validity to this? Also, are vaccination records required? I was given a booklet with all of my vaccinations received through the CAF.

Thank you.
Ont App.
Deferred 1yr-2013
Deferred 2yrs-2015
Reinsert-July 2018
SP Rcvd-July/18
SP Sent-Aug/18
SP Rev-Sep/18
RMAQ-Oct/18
PEP-Nov/18
PEP Rec-Dec/18
MED-Jan/19
BGI-Feb/19
Psych-Feb/19
Psych Follow-March/19
MED Rec-
SC-
Troop Offer-

livinthelife
Rookie Member

Postby livinthelife » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:24 pm

sig1992 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:56 am
Looking for a former (or current) CAF member who has knowledge of whether or not your MMPR is a required document upon arrival at Depot, I was told that it would be required by a recruit going through an earlier troop last year.

Any validity to this? Also, are vaccination records required? I was given a booklet with all of my vaccinations received through the CAF.

Thank you.
We are not in the military anymore. And we are trying to join another organization....

sig1992
Rookie Member

Postby sig1992 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:58 pm

livinthelife wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:24 pm
sig1992 wrote:

Thank you.
We are not in the military anymore. And we are trying to join another organization....
Thanks for such a great sarcastic attempt at being helpful.

For your information, those documents are not required but will assist in clearing in and will also speed up the medical process in your first week at Depot, recruiting just got back to me and answered my question in a helpful way, if you have it, bring it with you.
Ont App.
Deferred 1yr-2013
Deferred 2yrs-2015
Reinsert-July 2018
SP Rcvd-July/18
SP Sent-Aug/18
SP Rev-Sep/18
RMAQ-Oct/18
PEP-Nov/18
PEP Rec-Dec/18
MED-Jan/19
BGI-Feb/19
Psych-Feb/19
Psych Follow-March/19
MED Rec-
SC-
Troop Offer-

stormgraff
Rookie Member

Postby stormgraff » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:15 pm

sig1992 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:08 pm
Psych follow-up tomorrow at noon!

Anyone else heading into a psych follow-up in their application?
Doing my psych follow up next month!
ON APPLICANT

Applied - June 18
RMAQ - Sept 18
PEP - Oct 18
PEP Rec - Oct 18
Med / Psych - Jan 4/ Jan 22
Psych Follow up - April 26
BGI - March 6
BGI Rec -
Psych Rec-
Med Rec -
SC -
SC Rec -
Troop Offer -

goldglove
Rookie Member

Postby goldglove » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi all,

I've been a long time reader of posts on this forum as a guest. It's full of so much useful insight and has helped answer many of the questions I've had during my application process. I thought I'd share my experience.

This is my 3rd time applying and previously was deferred 1 & 3 years respectively for legitimate concerns that needed growth to happen and take full responsibility for. After applying this time around I made it to the PEP stage. I disclosed everything that was asked and that I could think of. I was shocked when after the polygraph was concluded, the examiner stated I was withholding information to a specific question and wanted to know what I was withholding. I had little to say and it left me searching for answers. I specifically told the examiner I didn't want to leave like that without it being resolved. After leaving, I was still very positive in my PEP because I had disclosed everything, hadn't withheld anything and was looking forward to a favorable outcome moving on in the application process. I went in and came out with a clean conscience trusting the process.

A couple of days ago I received a deferral letter for 5 years stating "During your suitability assessment, it was determined that you withheld information pertaining to past behaviours and activities." I understand and respect the core values that the RCMP is looking for in their recruits and I know I have held myself to that standard during the PEP.

I know that nobody should feel entitled to a job/career with the RCMP and respect cost, time and effort during the hiring process to the force. That being said, it's very disheartening to know I did everything I was asked of and to be told I was being deferred for the length and in this manor contradicts who I know I am as a person, husband and father (especially for the category that was being questioned). In 5 years I will be giving the same answers to the questions as previously.

During the past number of years it's been goal and dream of mine to be a part of the Red Serge and have acted as such. Being given a 5 year deferral for this feels alike a huge blow to my gut, but I have great resolve and will not let this deter me from my goal.

Thanks for reading.

hdeo123

Postby hdeo123 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi all,

I’m heading to Depot in less than 2 weeks. Do I need to bring winter boots?

Thanks in advance.

livinthelife
Rookie Member

Postby livinthelife » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:24 pm

sig1992 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:58 pm
livinthelife wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:24 pm
sig1992 wrote:

Thank you.
Thanks for such a great sarcastic attempt at being helpful.

For your information, those documents are not required but will assist in clearing in and will also speed up the medical process in your first week at Depot, recruiting just got back to me and answered my question in a helpful way, if you have it, bring it with you.
I stand corrected and will own my mistake and take my shame with me. I will bring my MPRR and my booklet of many blindside pokes prior to a deployment book.

Thanks for posting and sharing this rare information for us applying.

Yellowjacket45
Rookie Member

Postby Yellowjacket45 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:21 am

Hey guys, I wasnt able to find a seperate thread on this, so i thought the general chit chat might be the next best place. Police BOOKS! Does anyone have any good recomendations for books or reading material that is good for police officers or others in law enforcement.

Im currently reading Verbal Judo by George Thompson, and it has given me tremendous insight and really helped me with my verbal communication skill. Id recomend it to anyone who deals with conflict in the work place.

OPTIX
Rookie Member

Postby OPTIX » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:56 am

goldglove wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:57 pm
Hi all,

I've been a long time reader of posts on this forum as a guest. It's full of so much useful insight and has helped answer many of the questions I've had during my application process. I thought I'd share my experience.

This is my 3rd time applying and previously was deferred 1 & 3 years respectively for legitimate concerns that needed growth to happen and take full responsibility for. After applying this time around I made it to the PEP stage. I disclosed everything that was asked and that I could think of. I was shocked when after the polygraph was concluded, the examiner stated I was withholding information to a specific question and wanted to know what I was withholding. I had little to say and it left me searching for answers. I specifically told the examiner I didn't want to leave like that without it being resolved. After leaving, I was still very positive in my PEP because I had disclosed everything, hadn't withheld anything and was looking forward to a favorable outcome moving on in the application process. I went in and came out with a clean conscience trusting the process.

A couple of days ago I received a deferral letter for 5 years stating "During your suitability assessment, it was determined that you withheld information pertaining to past behaviours and activities." I understand and respect the core values that the RCMP is looking for in their recruits and I know I have held myself to that standard during the PEP.

I know that nobody should feel entitled to a job/career with the RCMP and respect cost, time and effort during the hiring process to the force. That being said, it's very disheartening to know I did everything I was asked of and to be told I was being deferred for the length and in this manor contradicts who I know I am as a person, husband and father (especially for the category that was being questioned). In 5 years I will be giving the same answers to the questions as previously.

During the past number of years it's been goal and dream of mine to be a part of the Red Serge and have acted as such. Being given a 5 year deferral for this feels alike a huge blow to my gut, but I have great resolve and will not let this deter me from my goal.

Thanks for reading.
Sorry to hear this. Stories like this reinforce my belief that "if it's meant to be, it will be." If not, at least you can have no regrets you tried your best. If you were truly forthcoming and still were deferred, then it's out of your hands and perhaps the polygraph process isn't fool proof.
Good luck.
PARE: Sept 2018
APP: Oct 2018

Harman
Rookie Member

Postby Harman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:29 pm

:)
Last edited by Harman on Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scout_87
Rookie Member

Postby scout_87 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:47 pm

Just received an email stating my security clearance has been issued!
RCMP BC Applicant
Online App: 06/08/17
RPAB: 07/18/17
SP: 08/14/17
RMAQ: 12/17/17
PEP: 06/20/18
PEP Rec: 07/05/18
Med: 07/20/18
Psych: 08/07/18
Med/Psych Rec: 09/06/18
BGI Rec: 09/18
FS Rev: 12/18
SC: 03/08/19
Troop: ?

godin3311

Postby godin3311 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:18 pm

scout_87 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:47 pm
That's awesome! Congrats!
I got mine last week!
You and I have very similar timelines!
We're almost there!! :D
ON Applicant
Applied Oct 2017
RMAQ: Nov 9/17
PEP: Jan 31/18
PEP Rec: May 22/18
BGI: Aug 3/18
Psych: Aug 8/18
Physical: Aug 17/18
FS: Started Aug 28/18
Medical Cleared: Oct 31/18
SC: Started Aug 28/18
SC Interview: Jan 28/19
SC Issued: Feb 27/19
Troop: ?

redder

Postby redder » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:38 pm

scout_87 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:47 pm
Congrats! Nearly there. :)
AB Applicant

Troop #4: 2019/04/29

RDS9
Rookie Member

Postby RDS9 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:16 pm

Hey Guys,

Just really started increasing my cardio recently but have been having issues with pain in my foot. Does anyone have experience or could share some ideas of managing plantar fasciitis?

Thanks in advance!

redder

Postby redder » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:27 pm

RDS9 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:16 pm
Hey Guys,

Just really started increasing my cardio recently but have been having issues with pain in my foot. Does anyone have experience or could share some ideas of managing plantar fasciitis?

Thanks in advance!
I got fitted for the right kind of shoes and got insoles which have helped me a lot.
AB Applicant

Troop #4: 2019/04/29