RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

livinthelife
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby livinthelife » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:35 pm

flafel32 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:25 pm
Looking for some advice..
Would it reflect badly on my suitability review if I quit my job 2 or 3 months in while my application is ongoing? My work performance and relationships with co-workers are going well, just realized that I made the mistake of getting myself into somethings that's not the right fit for me. If I really forced myself to, I could stick it out for another 16 month or however long it takes for my application to go through (or get deferred)... but I rather spend my time doing something that's more fulfilling.
Live your life, like someone else mentioned being ex military after 16 years, you job hunt to find satisfaction how ever it maybe. I am on job 3 right now with a great company. I took the risk for my own satisfaction, and financial ability, to tell this great employer I am wishing to depart in just over a week from now as my SC/Medical enters month 2 of who knows how many months (rumor has it ,it is less than 46.7 months like in AB). And then potentially another 3 months wait to actually start, that is if I am selected. In my mind there is a very high chance a start date will come my way. But as always, plan B is in my mind and going to enjoy my time until the powers who be, make a decision on my application. Good luck with your application, and always take care of your health, and a good working environment is on that list. my 2 cents.

godin3311

Postby godin3311 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:49 pm

redder wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:33 pm
godin3311 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:36 pm
Roll call.....
How long did you wait till you got an offer after receiving Security Clearance?
Just looking for people to chime in.
It took mine 4 weeks, which seems to be pretty consistent with what I've seen others post. Either way sounds like most troops are June/July timeframe now. Congrats!
Thanks for the reply!
Im very excited :)
ON Applicant
Applied Oct 2017
RMAQ: Nov 9/17
PEP: Jan 31/18
PEP Rec: May 22/18
BGI: Aug 3/18
Psych: Aug 8/18
Physical: Aug 17/18
FS: Started Aug 28/18
Medical: Oct 31/18
SC: Started Aug 28/18
SC Interview: Jan 28/19
SC Issued: Feb 27/19
Troop 13

luckyduck
Rookie Member

Postby luckyduck » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:16 pm

godin3311 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:49 pm
redder wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:33 pm
godin3311 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:36 pm
Roll call.....
How long did you wait till you got an offer after receiving Security Clearance?
Just looking for people to chime in.
It took mine 4 weeks, which seems to be pretty consistent with what I've seen others post. Either way sounds like most troops are June/July timeframe now. Congrats!
Thanks for the reply!
Im very excited :)
I also just got my security clearance (13 days ago, not that I'm counting). Crossing my fingers and toes for us both that we hear back about a troop date soon!
Ontario Applicant

App - May 2018
RPAB - June 2018
Selection Package - July 2018
RMAQ - Oct 2018
PEP - Nov 2018
PEP Rec. - Nov 2018
BGI - Nov 2018
Psych - Dec 2018
Med - Dec 2018
Med & Psych Rec. - Jan 2019
SC - Feb 2019
Troop #13 - July 15/19

sig1992
Rookie Member

Postby sig1992 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Psych follow-up tomorrow at noon!

Anyone else heading into a psych follow-up in their application?
Ontario
Def: 2013
Def: 2015
Reinsert: 07/18
SP: 08/18
SP Sub: 09/18
SP Rev: 09/18
RMAQ: 10/18
PEP: 11/18
PEP Rec: 12/18
MED: 01/19
BGI: 02/19
Psych 1: 02/19
Psych 2: 03/19
MED Clear: 04/19
SC: 04/19
SC REC:
Troop:

JLuens
Rookie Member

Postby JLuens » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:26 am

sig1992 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:08 pm

yeah, it's whatever, don't stress about it too much. Some of the questions that get flagged are really odd. For instance I don't often feel like breaking things so that got flagged and I get along with my family and don't argue with them regularly so that got flagged. :ponder: Even the Psychologist triple checked to make sure we were going over the right questions.
RCMP-BC App
-----
App-07/26
RPAB-08/09
SP Rec-08/30
SP Sent-09/01
SP Rev-09/08
RMAQ Int-09/25
PEP-11/29

PEP REC-01/09
PEP REV-02/15
BGI-03/15
MED-04/06
FSR REC-05/31
MED REC-04/18
Psych-07/05
SC-09/26
SC REC-12/11
Troop-12/17
Troop 1 April

stribor45
Veteran Member

Postby stribor45 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:49 am

JLuens wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:26 am
sig1992 wrote:

yeah, it's whatever, don't stress about it too much. Some of the questions that get flagged are really odd. For instance I don't often feel like breaking things so that got flagged and I get along with my family and don't argue with them regularly so that got flagged. :ponder: Even the Psychologist triple checked to make sure we were going over the right questions.
Why would the question get flagged if you don't like breaking things?

godin3311

Postby godin3311 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:43 am

stribor45 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:49 am
JLuens wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:26 am
sig1992 wrote:

Why would the question get flagged if you don't like breaking things?
I'm no expert but more then likely it was flagged because it didn't match up with a similar question asked in the test....That would be my thought.
ON Applicant
Applied Oct 2017
RMAQ: Nov 9/17
PEP: Jan 31/18
PEP Rec: May 22/18
BGI: Aug 3/18
Psych: Aug 8/18
Physical: Aug 17/18
FS: Started Aug 28/18
Medical: Oct 31/18
SC: Started Aug 28/18
SC Interview: Jan 28/19
SC Issued: Feb 27/19
Troop 13

steen15

Postby steen15 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:53 pm

MC07 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:40 pm
Will be finishing Depot soon and am going to need a car, can anyone comment if it might be better to purchase one at my posting, or possibly arrange to have someone at home pick one up and have it shipped to my posting? Posting will not be near a major area
You may have been contacted by some active members already on this, but if not just an idea, try contacting members at the detachment you're getting posted to and ask them how easily purchasing is from there?

VanSmack

Postby VanSmack » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:28 pm

MC07 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:40 pm
Will be finishing Depot soon and am going to need a car, can anyone comment if it might be better to purchase one at my posting, or possibly arrange to have someone at home pick one up and have it shipped to my posting? Posting will not be near a major area
Pretty sure that if you didn't own it prior to going to Depot that you'd be shipping it wherever you're going on your own dime, which can get pricey depending on where it's going.

Also, depending on provinces involved, you could be taking a disproportionate tax/surcharge hit on that vehicle by taking delivery of it in one province just to turn around and ship it elsewhere. There is a process to buy from one province and ship to another without paying taxes, but you'd have to take possession of the vehicle in the destination province, which means that you'd just be doing a lot of extra steps to get the same result as buying it in the destination province anyway.

People at your new posting all buy their cars from somewhere, and unless it's a fly-in spot (in which case you likely won't need a car anyway) you should be able to manage to sort out making those arrangements at your new post.
When people get too chummy with me, I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don’t really care about them.

MC07
Seasoned Member

Postby MC07 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:20 am

VanSmack wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:28 pm
[quote=MC07 post_id=835269 time=<a href="tel:1551555624">1551555624</a> user_id=4254]
Pretty sure that if you didn't own it prior to going to Depot that you'd be shipping it wherever you're going on your own dime, which can get pricey depending on where it's going.

Also, depending on provinces involved, you could be taking a disproportionate tax/surcharge hit on that vehicle by taking delivery of it in one province just to turn around and ship it elsewhere. There is a process to buy from one province and ship to another without paying taxes, but you'd have to take possession of the vehicle in the destination province, which means that you'd just be doing a lot of extra steps to get the same result as buying it in the destination province anyway.

People at your new posting all buy their cars from somewhere, and unless it's a fly-in spot (in which case you likely won't need a car anyway) you should be able to manage to sort out making those arrangements at your new post.
[/quote]

Thanks for your insight, we should be told more about the relocation process soon, and only found out which detachment I’ll be sent to recently. When I get in contact with them I’ll be looking into that and everything else that needs sorting out

Suikoden

Postby Suikoden » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:47 am

MC07 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:20 am
VanSmack wrote:
[quote=MC07 post_id=835269 time=<a href="tel:1551555624">1551555624</a> user_id=4254]

Thanks for your insight, we should be told more about the relocation process soon, and only found out which detachment I’ll be sent to recently. When I get in contact with them I’ll be looking into that and everything else that needs sorting out
[/quote]

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/depot/publica ... eng.htm#s5

Points to Consider:

All effects must be in one place. Movers will transport household effects from one location only (pre-engagement place of residence).
During training, there must be a contact person at the preengagement place of residence for household-effects moving estimates.
Movers are required to pack everything.
Newly engaged members must be home to supervise the movers when they pack and load the belongings.
The RCMP will not pay to move recreational vehicles.
Newly engaged members are responsible for any decisions made regarding:
the sale or rental of any existing property (home, condominium, etc.) and all fees associated with the sale or lease of the pre-engaged place of residence and the lease or purchase of the residence at the new location;
pet relocation.
Five laps owed so far

29 Mar - OTEE pass
28/29 Apr - CRFSC/CFSC pass

Jeffthejeep
Rookie Member

Postby Jeffthejeep » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:02 am

WardedGromit wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:46 am
Hey. Been a bit. Psych follow up was super low key with just some clarifications like everyone said. Med and Psych have now been cleared and am just waiting on that sweet sweet SC. Also by waiting I mean ramping up to 5 workouts a week and rein in my food some more.

Edit: Spelling error.
My SC was initiated a day after yours. It'll be interesting to see the time difference!
NL Applicant
2018-May-11: Online Application Sent
2018-May-31: Selection Package Sent
2018-July-03: RMAQ Interview
2018-Nov 21: PEP Rec
2018-Nov 21: BGI Started
2018-Dec 18: Med
2018-Dec 26: Psyc
2019-Feb 4: Med Rec

livinthelife
Rookie Member

Postby livinthelife » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Suikoden wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:47 am
MC07 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:20 am
VanSmack wrote:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/depot/publica ... eng.htm#s5

Points to Consider:

All effects must be in one place. Movers will transport household effects from one location only (pre-engagement place of residence).
During training, there must be a contact person at the preengagement place of residence for household-effects moving estimates.
Movers are required to pack everything.
Newly engaged members must be home to supervise the movers when they pack and load the belongings.
The RCMP will not pay to move recreational vehicles.
Newly engaged members are responsible for any decisions made regarding:
the sale or rental of any existing property (home, condominium, etc.) and all fees associated with the sale or lease of the pre-engaged place of residence and the lease or purchase of the residence at the new location;
pet relocation.
[/quote]

What about a storage facility? I am sure I would not be the 1st one who leaves their residence while in training and moves their F&E to a storage to save money.

luckyduck
Rookie Member

Postby luckyduck » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:45 pm

Edit: Found the answer to my question in previous posts.
Ontario Applicant

App - May 2018
RPAB - June 2018
Selection Package - July 2018
RMAQ - Oct 2018
PEP - Nov 2018
PEP Rec. - Nov 2018
BGI - Nov 2018
Psych - Dec 2018
Med - Dec 2018
Med & Psych Rec. - Jan 2019
SC - Feb 2019
Troop #13 - July 15/19

Shawshank
Poobah Overlord

Postby Shawshank » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:30 pm

From what I recall, however, one of the dealers in Regina, I think Dodge, does off a cadet discount. Not sure what it is, or if its even a real discount or just a typical price with a market approach.

Many dealers also have first responder discounts.
K division.