RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
sig1992

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby sig1992 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:17 pm

MichaelVAP wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:29 pm
Mike07P wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:34 am
Quick question about Troop Availability. I know everyone is different and would require a different amount of time but just curious what everyone else responded for that? I myself did 3 weeks.
2 days. My job is fully aware of the RCMP and have informed me that if needed I can leave tomorrow should I receive the call. Everything is already packed and ready to go :). Just waiting for medical clearance (did the psych already, medical is on Feb 12th) and then security.
On that last point, are you provided a kit list by recruiting once your troop offer has been granted?

epeac895

Postby epeac895 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:07 pm

sig1992 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:17 pm
MichaelVAP wrote:
Mike07P wrote:
Quick question about Troop Availability. I know everyone is different and would require a different amount of time but just curious what everyone else responded for that? I myself did 3 weeks.
2 days. My job is fully aware of the RCMP and have informed me that if needed I can leave tomorrow should I receive the call. Everything is already packed and ready to go :). Just waiting for medical clearance (did the psych already, medical is on Feb 12th) and then security.
On that last point, are you provided a kit list by recruiting once your troop offer has been granted?
Nope. Just the “what to bring” section on the website
AB Applicant
App:02/08/18
RPAB:11/09/18
SP:07/11/18
RMAQ Rvw:18/12/18
PEP:12/01/19
PEP Apr:18/01/19
BGI:26/02/19
Med/Psych:28/02/19
Psych Int:10/05/19
Med approv:5/06/19
FSR:06/03/19
DSU:13/03/19
SC:21/10/2019
TROOP 33 WK:9

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:13 pm

sig1992 wrote:
MichaelVAP wrote:
Mike07P wrote:
As in, "Once you get there, here is what you get?!"
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)

sig1992

Postby sig1992 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:00 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:13 pm
sig1992 wrote:
MichaelVAP wrote:

No sorry, as in “before you get here, this is what you should bring” I was under the impression that a list of things to bring was provided but someone had already mentioned it’s on their website

BMAN-22
Rookie Member

Postby BMAN-22 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:06 pm

sig1992 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:00 pm
Pete Broccolo wrote:
sig1992 wrote:

No sorry, as in “before you get here, this is what you should bring” I was under the impression that a list of things to bring was provided but someone had already mentioned it’s on their website
There is a list on the website, but honestly, don't over do it. A lot of things you can pick up on the first weekend when your big brother troop takes y'all out
RCMP General Duty - B Division

sig1992

Postby sig1992 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:19 am

BMAN-22 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:06 pm
sig1992 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:00 pm
Pete Broccolo wrote:

There is a list on the website, but honestly, don't over do it. A lot of things you can pick up on the first weekend when your big brother troop takes y'all out
Roger, thank you!

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:06 am

Morning all,

In regards to questions about what to bring to Depot, #1 less personal clothing then you think! you will be uniform the vast majority of the time, and likely eat a lot if not all your meals in uniform. Cadet's should be provided a "what to bring list" although I saw that it includes "pre-paid cell phone" which I thought was hilarious!

As a complete aside, one of the funniest times I had at Depot was that Saturday where 32 of us brand new Cadets showed up at Walmart and ran around raiding it for everything! Members will understand what I'm talking about. For some reason I still have the receipt from that day and I look back at it sometimes and laugh :D

If you have a Depot date and from Ontario, feel free to contact the recruiting office and speak to a recruiter. I would suggest the same for the other provinces as well. We recruiters are always there to help and provide advice.

Imran

Mich78
Rookie Member

Postby Mich78 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:34 pm

Ont. RCMP Recruiter wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:06 am
Morning all,

In regards to questions about what to bring to Depot, #1 less personal clothing then you think! you will be uniform the vast majority of the time, and likely eat a lot if not all your meals in uniform. Cadet's should be provided a "what to bring list" although I saw that it includes "pre-paid cell phone" which I thought was hilarious!

As a complete aside, one of the funniest times I had at Depot was that Saturday where 32 of us brand new Cadets showed up at Walmart and ran around raiding it for everything! Members will understand what I'm talking about. For some reason I still have the receipt from that day and I look back at it sometimes and laugh :D

If you have a Depot date and from Ontario, feel free to contact the recruiting office and speak to a recruiter. I would suggest the same for the other provinces as well. We recruiters are always there to help and provide advice.

Imran
James321 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:16 am
10 months is a long wait for Security clearance. I hope you hear something soon!

I just received my Security clearance 2 weeks ago. Just waiting for that troop offer now...

Goodluck to everyone in the application process.
Just wondering how long or if you got your troop offer yet? I was told my security clearance passed yesterday and now I’m ‘patiently’ waiting for my call. 😂
RCMP Applicant
Online Application: 01/2019
RMAQ: 02/2019
RMSI: 08/2019
RFI: 09:2019
PEP: 10/2019
PEP Rec: 10/2019
Med: 11/2019
Psych: 11/2019
Med Cleared: 12/2019
SC: 01/2020
SC Rec: 02/2020
Troop 3: 04/2020 (new date TBD)

sig1992

Postby sig1992 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:55 pm

mhodak wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:34 pm
Ont. RCMP Recruiter wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:06 am
Morning all,

Imran
James321 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:16 am
10 months is a long wait for Security clearance. I hope you hear something soon!

I just received my Security clearance 2 weeks ago. Just waiting for that troop offer now...

Goodluck to everyone in the application process.
Just wondering how long or if you got your troop offer yet? I was told my security clearance passed yesterday and now I’m ‘patiently’ waiting for my call. 😂
You’ll probably hear back soon

Maplesuurp
Rookie Member

Postby Maplesuurp » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:48 pm

Hello recruiters,

I misread question 19 in the RMAQ and did not include the few instances I used marijuana. I took the question as asking if I had used illegal drugs and since I did not use it until it was legal I did not include it. when I applied to the army I did not have to declare it so I thought it might be the same way.

I did not mean to falsify my application and I'm stressing quite heavily over whether this will compromise the prosses. if I was to email my recruiter notifying them on the mistake would I be punished and/or deferred or is this a common mistake that won't have adverse effects on my career.

the RCMP has been a dream of mine for a while now and I know I fit the lifestyle well. I have heard recruiters are lenient with things of this matter but I want to make it exceedingly clear to them this was a mistake and not an attempt at deception.

choiyh
Rookie Member

Postby choiyh » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:11 pm

I have a question about generation cautions.

I know prostitution is illegal and not allowed to be a police officer in Canada.
However, I have been to a strip club and had a lap dance because my idiotic friend kept asked me to go and he said he is gonna pay al for it. I rejected offers from all those strippers to go out and couldn't even look at them. I finally accepted the offer when someone kept begging for it, when she sat down on me I said don't do it and let's just cuddle and have a conversation.

So should I put yes if they ask me if I had any sexual service?
If it is negatively affecting my application, then I am gonna unfriend my friend.

Wingman19
Veteran Member

Postby Wingman19 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:51 pm

Maplesuurp wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:48 pm
Hello recruiters,

I misread question 19 in the RMAQ and did not include the few instances I used marijuana. I took the question as asking if I had used illegal drugs and since I did not use it until it was legal I did not include it. when I applied to the army I did not have to declare it so I thought it might be the same way.

I did not mean to falsify my application and I'm stressing quite heavily over whether this will compromise the prosses. if I was to email my recruiter notifying them on the mistake would I be punished and/or deferred or is this a common mistake that won't have adverse effects on my career.

the RCMP has been a dream of mine for a while now and I know I fit the lifestyle well. I have heard recruiters are lenient with things of this matter but I want to make it exceedingly clear to them this was a mistake and not an attempt at deception.
Calm down, they misspelled marijuana as marihuana. Just tell them you don't know what marihuana is.

Jokes aside,

Email them and ask if you can update your RMAQ.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suitability: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
PEP: Recom May 1/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP rec: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

Silvaticus
Rookie Member

Postby Silvaticus » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:26 pm

Maplesuurp wrote:
Hello recruiters,

You will be updating your RMAQ a few times as your application progresses through. Memory works funny that way. Obviously you want to be as honest as possible the first time you fill out that document, and the more amendments you make the worse its going to look. However, simply email your recruiter, list the section and question number you want to add and there you go. It sounds like you want to be honest about your past. Don't sweat it.
RCMP SK APP
Online App 16/05/2019
S/P Sent 06/06/2019
RMAQ 09/10/2019
RFI 16/10/2019
BGI 28/10/2019
PEP 26/11/2019
PEP Rec 02/12/2019
Med/Psych 29/01/2020
Med Cleared 05/02/2020
Sec start 05/02/2020

Silvaticus
Rookie Member

Postby Silvaticus » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:41 pm

choiyh wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:11 pm
I have a question about generation cautions.

I know prostitution is illegal and not allowed to be a police officer in Canada.
However, I have been to a strip club and had a lap dance because my idiotic friend kept asked me to go and he said he is gonna pay al for it. I rejected offers from all those strippers to go out and couldn't even look at them. I finally accepted the offer when someone kept begging for it, when she sat down on me I said don't do it and let's just cuddle and have a conversation.

So should I put yes if they ask me if I had any sexual service?
If it is negatively affecting my application, then I am gonna unfriend my friend.
First of all, don't blame your friend. Take responsibility for your own actions. You made a conscious and deliberate decision to go to the strip club.

Lap dances have been legal in Canada for 20 years, ruled on by the Supreme Court. Buying sex is illegal. How that affects your application I don't think anybody can tell you until you put it down and see how things go.
RCMP SK APP
Online App 16/05/2019
S/P Sent 06/06/2019
RMAQ 09/10/2019
RFI 16/10/2019
BGI 28/10/2019
PEP 26/11/2019
PEP Rec 02/12/2019
Med/Psych 29/01/2020
Med Cleared 05/02/2020
Sec start 05/02/2020

sig1992

Postby sig1992 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:50 am

Maplesuurp wrote:
Hello recruiters,

I had something similar to this happen to me, I simply contacted my recruiter and I was given an opportunity to amend my answer/s and life moved on.