RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
JunkyardDog
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby JunkyardDog » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:31 am

Hopefully you'll get into one of the following troops shortly after Troop 10, Shawshank.

The field investigator assigned to conduct my BGI contacted 4/4 employers, 1/3 character references, and 2/5 friends & associates yesterday. Now I don't know what a day in the life of a field investigator looks like but if you ask me, that's a pretty good haul for one day.

KaterGator
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:33 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby KaterGator » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:47 am

JunkyardDog wrote:Hopefully you'll get into one of the following troops shortly after Troop 10, Shawshank.

The field investigator assigned to conduct my BGI contacted 4/4 employers, 1/3 character references, and 2/5 friends & associates yesterday. Now I don't know what a day in the life of a field investigator looks like but if you ask me, that's a pretty good haul for one day.



Holy! That's a lot for one day, sounds like they're sprinting through your BGI!
ON Applicant
REINSERTION NOTICE: 10-JUN-16
REC'D SP: 16-JUN-16
SP SENT: 21-JUN-16
RMAQ: 05-DEC-16
PEP:
PEP REC:
BGI -
PSYCH/MED -
SUIT -
SC -
TROOP -

The3wood
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby The3wood » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:23 am

JunkyardDog wrote:Hopefully you'll get into one of the following troops shortly after Troop 10, Shawshank.

The field investigator assigned to conduct my BGI contacted 4/4 employers, 1/3 character references, and 2/5 friends & associates yesterday. Now I don't know what a day in the life of a field investigator looks like but if you ask me, that's a pretty good haul for one day.


Hey man! wait for me!!!! hahaha. I haven't had any of mine called yet. last I heard from my FC was that she has my info uploaded in to the database. I'm sure it wont be long before they start making their calls.
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

JunkyardDog
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby JunkyardDog » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:36 am

The3wood wrote:
JunkyardDog wrote:Hopefully you'll get into one of the following troops shortly after Troop 10, Shawshank.

The field investigator assigned to conduct my BGI contacted 4/4 employers, 1/3 character references, and 2/5 friends & associates yesterday. Now I don't know what a day in the life of a field investigator looks like but if you ask me, that's a pretty good haul for one day.


Hey man! wait for me!!!! hahaha. I haven't had any of mine called yet. last I heard from my FC was that she has my info uploaded in to the database. I'm sure it wont be long before they start making their calls.


When it rains, it pours I guess lol I heard crickets for the first two weeks then yesterday it seemed like every time I looked at my phone, someone was letting me know they were contacted. Good to hear your coordinator got everything settled!

The3wood
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby The3wood » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:53 am

JunkyardDog wrote:
The3wood wrote:
JunkyardDog wrote:Hopefully you'll get into one of the following troops shortly after Troop 10, Shawshank.

The field investigator assigned to conduct my BGI contacted 4/4 employers, 1/3 character references, and 2/5 friends & associates yesterday. Now I don't know what a day in the life of a field investigator looks like but if you ask me, that's a pretty good haul for one day.


Hey man! wait for me!!!! hahaha. I haven't had any of mine called yet. last I heard from my FC was that she has my info uploaded in to the database. I'm sure it wont be long before they start making their calls.


When it rains, it pours I guess lol I heard crickets for the first two weeks then yesterday it seemed like every time I looked at my phone, someone was letting me know they were contacted. Good to hear your coordinator got everything settled![/qu

I hear ya! Yeah she has it all good to go as far as I know. lol Hopefully I'll start hearing something soon. My health services contact told me last friday that she had finally received all my stuff and the doctor will be looking at it this week. So things seem to be moving along anyway.
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

C_ouellet
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:07 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby C_ouellet » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:31 pm

New to the forum, have not looked around too much yet. I went to a RCMP recruiting session about a month ago and it seemed the hiring process is a lot different than when i went when i was 18 years old (5 years ago). At the recruiting event they were telling me that the RCMP is looking to hire 1500 people for the next two years and if you pass the RPAB you will be given the applicant questionnaire and be moved to the next step of the application process. Fast forward to this last Saturday i wrote the RPAB and just barely passed. I was told to start filling out the applicant questionnaire because i should get one in the mail hopefully within 4-6 weeks because they need new employees that bad.

However online and on the piece of paper i was given to record my score, it says people will be selected to proceed to the applicant questionnaire based on RPAB scores. So is there anyone out there who scored low on the RPAB since the new hiring process kicked in on May 1st and has already gotten their applicant questionnaire in the mail?

westcoast120
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:54 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby westcoast120 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:58 am

First Time Posting......Did my Pre Employment Polygraph in early April, and have not heard a word about it since...Was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience, or is it normal?

The3wood
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby The3wood » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:26 am

westcoast120 wrote:First Time Posting......Did my Pre Employment Polygraph in early April, and have not heard a word about it since...Was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience, or is it normal?


It's different for everyone. If you have a look at some of us who have our timelines posted you'll notice that we are all moving along at different paces! It was 7 weeks before I heard back and I know of people that waited twice as long as me. You have to try and not let the waiting drive you to crazy! :banghead: lol
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

westcoast120
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:54 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby westcoast120 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:35 pm

The3wood wrote:
westcoast120 wrote:First Time Posting......Did my Pre Employment Polygraph in early April, and have not heard a word about it since...Was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience, or is it normal?


It's different for everyone. If you have a look at some of us who have our timelines posted you'll notice that we are all moving along at different paces! It was 7 weeks before I heard back and I know of people that waited twice as long as me. You have to try and not let the waiting drive you to crazy! :banghead: lol




Easier Said than done :banghead:

asid
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:39 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby asid » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:00 pm

Hi guys, I'm just wondering how long does it take to hear back once you submitted your selection package? I know it might be different for each applicant and the province your applying from. However if someone can just give me a general time frame on how long it took them to get to the RMAQ stage?




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online Application: June 1/2016
Selection Package: July 6/2016
RMAQ:
PEP:
MED:
SUIT:
BGI:
BC
Applied: June 2016
Interview: September 2016
Psych test: October 2016
Psych interview : October 2016
Medical: November 2016
Security clearance: submitted Feb 2017
PARE: August 2017
Integrity interview: Oct 31, 2017
OITP:

The3wood
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby The3wood » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:12 pm

westcoast120 wrote:
The3wood wrote:
westcoast120 wrote:First Time Posting......Did my Pre Employment Polygraph in early April, and have not heard a word about it since...Was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience, or is it normal?


It's different for everyone. If you have a look at some of us who have our timelines posted you'll notice that we are all moving along at different paces! It was 7 weeks before I heard back and I know of people that waited twice as long as me. You have to try and not let the waiting drive you to crazy! :banghead: lol




Easier Said than done :banghead:


I know! 88) 88) 88) hahahaha
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

JunkyardDog
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby JunkyardDog » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:19 pm

asid wrote:Hi guys, I'm just wondering how long does it take to hear back once you submitted your selection package? I know it might be different for each applicant and the province your applying from. However if someone can just give me a general time frame on how long it took them to get to the RMAQ stage?




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online Application: June 1/2016
Selection Package: July 6/2016
RMAQ:
PEP:
MED:
SUIT:
BGI:


Two weeks until my file was moved to the field investigator. Three weeks until the RMAQ call.

The3wood
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby The3wood » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:23 pm

asid wrote:Hi guys, I'm just wondering how long does it take to hear back once you submitted your selection package? I know it might be different for each applicant and the province your applying from. However if someone can just give me a general time frame on how long it took them to get to the RMAQ stage?





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online Application: June 1/2016
Selection Package: July 6/2016
RMAQ:
PEP:
MED:
SUIT:
BGI:
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

The3wood
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby The3wood » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:27 pm

The3wood wrote:
asid wrote:Hi guys, I'm just wondering how long does it take to hear back once you submitted your selection package? I know it might be different for each applicant and the province your applying from. However if someone can just give me a general time frame on how long it took them to get to the RMAQ stage?





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online Application: June 1/2016
Selection Package: July 6/2016
RMAQ:
PEP:
MED:
SUIT:
BGI:



It does really vary from one to the next but if you look back you'll notice that for most people it's 4-5weeks give or take, however just a few pages back there is one person who seems to have been waiting for the last 7 months or so....lol I find it hard to believe that it would take that long but who knows man, it's really file by file. I would think that with summer now here that it may slow things down a bit with everyone going on vacations so just sit back and enjoy the ride!!!
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

asid
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:39 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby asid » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:31 pm

Oh I see........thanks.
BC
Applied: June 2016
Interview: September 2016
Psych test: October 2016
Psych interview : October 2016
Medical: November 2016
Security clearance: submitted Feb 2017
PARE: August 2017
Integrity interview: Oct 31, 2017
OITP:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], chand, Dave Brown, hyra, TheSlav, Tourand92 and 10 guests