RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
abbyapplicant
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby abbyapplicant » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:23 am

It doesn't ask for a resume
RPAT 27/04/15
SP 12/05/15
RMAQ 26/06/15
PARE 13/08/15
RMSI 17/08/15
OA 19/05/16
SP 09/06/16
RMAQ 29/06/16
PEP 01/09/16
rec - 17/10/16
Med 31/10/16
Psych- 10/11/2016
Bgi 26/10/16
Med rec 25/11/16
Sc 12/28/16
Troop- 28

jpsingh
Rookie Member

Postby jpsingh » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:26 am

It doesn't ask for resume. They will ask all the details in next stage.

Good Luck

ArrEmm
Rookie Member

Postby ArrEmm » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:43 pm

First post on here! This forum has been tremendous help for me so far in the RCMP process.

As I enter the latter half of the process I am remaining hopeful about being successful through it all.... Good luck to everyone currently in the process and those who are looking to apply!
RPAB- 02/16
RMAQ Call- 03/16
RMSI- 04/16
PEP- 05/16
PEP Rec- 06/16
BGI Complete - 07/16
Med- 08/16
Psych- 08/16
Med Cleared- 08/16
Suitability Review- 08/16
Security Clearance 09/16
Troop 17- September 19th, 2016

lawtont
Rookie Member

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby lawtont » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Phoenix741 wrote:How long are RMAQ review taking. I have been waiting 2 months

Be patient my friend. I have been waiting for almost 7 months now!! No news is good new.. it mean that you still in the process!!

Hehe!! I had my RMAQ call at the begining of december. But I'm waiting since then.. I began the process 13 month ago so be patient my friend.

P - that seems quite odd. Your positive they didn't defer you and send the letter to NWT; I hear Canada Post is having some challenges these days... :D
Online App: MAY 19 2016
SP Request: MAY 31 2016
SP Completed: JUNE 1 2016
RMAQ: JULY 4 2016
PEP:
BGI:
SC:
MED:
PSYC:
TROOP :

acegman
Rookie Member

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby acegman » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:14 pm

lawtont wrote:
Phoenix741 wrote:How long are RMAQ review taking. I have been waiting 2 months

Be patient my friend. I have been waiting for almost 7 months now!! No news is good new.. it mean that you still in the process!!

Hehe!! I had my RMAQ call at the begining of december. But I'm waiting since then.. I began the process 13 month ago so be patient my friend.

P - that seems quite odd. Your positive they didn't defer you and send the letter to NWT; I hear Canada Post is having some challenges these days... :D

No kidding. I know wait times can be lengthly but i dont think thats normal lol

Jben13
Rookie Member

Postby Jben13 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:55 am

Hello, first post, so I've been in the process for about 9 months and made it pasted the PEP. I ended up getting deferred :( I am appealing their decision and was wondering if anyone knows how long that usually takes? I got deferred June 5th and submitted my appeal right away. Any info would help, thanks.

JunkyardDog
Rookie Member

Postby JunkyardDog » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:00 am

Jben13 wrote:Hello, first post, so I've been in the process for about 9 months and made it pasted the PEP. I ended up getting deferred :( I am appealing their decision and was wondering if anyone knows how long that usually takes? I got deferred June 5th and submitted my appeal right away. Any info would help, thanks.

It probably depends on which stage you were deferred at and if the information you've brought forward is relevant enough. Of course these are all my own thoughts and not based off of any facts but, assuming the new information is relevant, I'd think the investigation into an appeal would be lengthy.

shyne56
Rookie Member

Postby shyne56 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:28 pm

I applied in 2014 and was deferred for 1 year. I waited until my deferral period was over then reapplied. Got differed again but for 3 years. I dont understand why I would get differed again for the same reason, but for 3 additional years when I disclosed the same information during both rmaq calls.

Geogreen
Rookie Member

Postby Geogreen » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:15 pm

shyne56 wrote:I applied in 2014 and was deferred for 1 year. I waited until my deferral period was over then reapplied. Got differed again but for 3 years. I dont understand why I would get differed again for the same reason, but for 3 additional years when I disclosed the same information during both rmaq calls.

I think if the reason for the initial deferral was still present for your second application that would be the reason for the second deferral. Its logical to me that if something resulted in a deferral the first time and then presented itself again (without being rectified to RCMP's satisfaction) it would only make sense to result in a second deferral; 3 years is a long time.

Because it happened at the RMAQ stage, I would think the RCMP has information either of something not disclosed, or something omitted, whether voluntary or through oversight, pertaining to something that you did disclosed.

Hopefully your coordinator can provide you some insight into the exact reason so that when the 3 years lapses you will be able to apply having taken the steps to resolve the deferral reason.

I think I speak to most posters when I say we have all either been deferred at some point or had our applications closed with other forces. Do not be deterred, continue to work on bettering yourself and your community and in a few years later you can relish in the outcome of your hard work.
ON Applicant

2008 (Defered 1Yr)
-------
App: May-16
REINSERTION NOTICE: Jun-16
SP SENT: Jun-16
**Oct 16-File Lost**
RMAQ: Feb 2017
PEP: Jan 2018
PEP REC: Feb 2018
PARE - Not required until DEPOT
BGI/FR - Apr 2018
MED - Apr 2018
SC -

The3wood
Rookie Member

Postby The3wood » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:36 pm

Geogreen wrote:
shyne56 wrote:I applied in 2014 and was deferred for 1 year. I waited until my deferral period was over then reapplied. Got differed again but for 3 years. I dont understand why I would get differed again for the same reason, but for 3 additional years when I disclosed the same information during both rmaq calls.

I think if the reason for the initial deferral was still present for your second application that would be the reason for the second deferral. Its logical to me that if something resulted in a deferral the first time and then presented itself again (without being rectified to RCMP's satisfaction) it would only make sense to result in a second deferral; 3 years is a long time.

Because it happened at the RMAQ stage, I would think the RCMP has information either of something not disclosed, or something omitted, whether voluntary or through oversight, pertaining to something that you did disclosed.

Hopefully your coordinator can provide you some insight into the exact reason so that when the 3 years lapses you will be able to apply having taken the steps to resolve the deferral reason.

I think I speak to most posters when I say we have all either been deferred at some point or had our applications closed with other forces. Do not be deterred, continue to work on bettering yourself and your community and in a few years later you can relish in the outcome of your hard work.

Well Said!

I can tell you that this is my 3rd attempt. Began my journey back in 2009. Deferred 1 yr at the RMSI, took the advise of the recruiter and reapplied 1 yr later and passed RMSI and completed the PEP only to have to withdraw my application before I received my results due to family/bad timing. Now I'm back again trying again at 38 yrs old. If you want something bad enough go after it, take the necessary steps to put yourself in a position which will give you the best opportunities at obtaining what you want!! It's never too late.
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:05 pm

JunkyardDog wrote:
Jben13 wrote:Hello, first post, so I've been in the process for about 9 months and made it pasted the PEP. I ended up getting deferred :( I am appealing their decision and was wondering if anyone knows how long that usually takes? I got deferred June 5th and submitted my appeal right away. Any info would help, thanks.

Case by case. Appeals will be reviewed by the appropriate staff and Officer in charge. Then you will get an answer.

Caroline

azims
Veteran Member

Postby azims » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:20 pm

Very simple ! The information you disclosed made the recruiter a little worried maybe....

SullyBrown
Rookie Member

Postby SullyBrown » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:21 pm

Hey everyone,

Question. Does everyone who applies get invited to write the RCMP entrance exam?

Geogreen
Rookie Member

Postby Geogreen » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:11 pm

SullyBrown wrote:Hey everyone,

Question. Does everyone who applies get invited to write the RCMP entrance exam?

I think a recruiter would be best to advise. However that being said the new process allows post-secondary grads to pass the entrance exam and move straight to the Selection package phase.
ON Applicant

2008 (Defered 1Yr)
-------
App: May-16
REINSERTION NOTICE: Jun-16
SP SENT: Jun-16
**Oct 16-File Lost**
RMAQ: Feb 2017
PEP: Jan 2018
PEP REC: Feb 2018
PARE - Not required until DEPOT
BGI/FR - Apr 2018
MED - Apr 2018
SC -

azims
Veteran Member

Postby azims » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:42 pm

SullyBrown wrote:Hey everyone,

As long as you meet the basic requirements posted on careers page. Yes !!
It's highly advised to familiarize yourself with the current recruiting process....