RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Azalin
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Azalin » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:47 pm

My troop lost 7 people by the 5th week. I think thats got to be one of the worst. The next troop, which was an all French troop lost 3 people in one day....not even joking. A lot of that was to do with family, and the culture shock of a new place. I left myself because of an injury and am hopefully going back within the next few months.

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:08 pm

Azalin wrote:My troop lost 7 people by the 5th week. I think thats got to be one of the worst. The next troop, which was an all French troop lost 3 people in one day....not even joking. A lot of that was to do with family, and the culture shock of a new place. I left myself because of an injury and am hopefully going back within the next few months.

How much of the process would you have to redo?
K division.

Rialto
Rookie Member

Postby Rialto » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:27 pm

I know for myself, the fitness part of depot is going to be the hardest.

I have a hard time pushing myself to the gym to work out. I much rather go play tennis/go swimming at the lake/play volleyball/ride my horses.

Personally, my biggest change I need to make is to eat more healthy. By healthy, I mean more meals. I only really eat two meals a day, which are not the best meals.

I'm slowing working at it!
RCMP
SP 2012 closed my file
Reinstated: May 23/16
SP: Aug.15
RMAI: Aug. 23
PEP: Oct 11
BGI: Feb 28
Med: Mar 28
Psy: May 2
DEPOT: July - October. (Sent home due to a knee injury)

Azalin
Rookie Member

Postby Azalin » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Shawshank wrote:
Azalin wrote:My troop lost 7 people by the 5th week. I think thats got to be one of the worst. The next troop, which was an all French troop lost 3 people in one day....not even joking. A lot of that was to do with family, and the culture shock of a new place. I left myself because of an injury and am hopefully going back within the next few months.

A fair bit. Security Clearances and Medical all over again which equals a lot of waiting time.

I know for myself, the fitness part of depot is going to be the hardest.

I have a hard time pushing myself to the gym to work out. I much rather go play tennis/go swimming at the lake/play volleyball/ride my horses.

Personally, my biggest change I need to make is to eat more healthy. By healthy, I mean more meals. I only really eat two meals a day, which are not the best meals.

As an avid runner and gym goer I realized how much I enjoy going to the gym on my own time. I love running, but I love running when I want too lol. When going to the gym becomes a job it actually makes it kinda crappy. Perhaps it's all about the outlook though! I am also a big swimmer, however in my troop no one else did lol. In order to use the pool you need at least another individual in with yo for safety reasons (smart idea obviously) so I never got in the pool nearly as much as I wanted too.

You WILL eat though. I always loved the food while I was at Depot, was always top notch and always had something prepared that I would enjoy every single day.

edyman
Rookie Member

Postby edyman » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:44 am

Geogreen wrote:
KaterGator wrote:I'm most likely overthinking this, but my Driving Record I ordered from Service Ontario is only 1 page... checklist says 2 pages :S.

I had the same thing, I don't believe it to be an issue. I sent my 1 page in with my SP and I haven't heard anything back stating it was insufficient. I think the longer the record (more pages) the worse it'll look.

should be 2 pages, did you order a certified copy? mine consist of 2 pages, the first page was authentication of certification with a stamp and 2nd page was my driving record.

edyman
Rookie Member

Postby edyman » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:48 am

JunkyardDog wrote:
KaterGator wrote:When you open your email and have something from the RCMP, and are scared and excited all at the same time.

Thisssss girl got her instructions for her SP! :swords:

(Anyone know if that means my reinsertion is approved?)

I'd say that's a good sign. Have fun!

My emails from recruiter mostly consist of correcting errors on my application lol.

Rialto
Rookie Member

Postby Rialto » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:02 am

Mine is only one page also. I am sure I will be getting emails stating errors I made in my Selection Package. I much prefer the paper version of doing it lol.
RCMP
SP 2012 closed my file
Reinstated: May 23/16
SP: Aug.15
RMAI: Aug. 23
PEP: Oct 11
BGI: Feb 28
Med: Mar 28
Psy: May 2
DEPOT: July - October. (Sent home due to a knee injury)

Gatsy92
Rookie Member

Postby Gatsy92 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:28 am

Shawshank wrote:

There is actually a girl who is in my little brother troop who just finished week 1 and she made it to week 22 a year ago and had to leave due to an injury and she is back at square one
09.17.2015 RPAB
10.17.2015 RMAQ
11.09.2015 RMSI
11.18.2015 PARE
12.07.2015 PEP
01.20.2016 PEP Rec
01.29.2016 BGI
02.23.2016 Psych
02.23.2016 Suit
03.09.2016 Med
03.23.2016 Med Clearance
04.22.2016 SC
Troop 4
F Division

JunkyardDog
Rookie Member

Postby JunkyardDog » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:19 am

Rialto wrote:I know for myself, the fitness part of depot is going to be the hardest.

I'm worried that since I eat 6-8 meals a day, (should I get a troop offer) that I won't be able to maintain my diet due to the hectic schedule. Are you able to bring a meal in tupperware to class lol?

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:30 am

Why are so many cadets getting injured during training?
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

awade
Rookie Member

Postby awade » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:32 am

Not sure if its the same for all applicants but i had to contact Health Services because i thought it had been too long for them not too call, and truthfully..i'm getting impatient on the final call. I was happy to know that they have completed my health assessment. next is just waiting on the call.

BC- Applicant

1. Career Presentation- 2015/April
2. Exam- 2015/May/04
3. Application Package Submission (incl. PARE)- 2015/July/13
4. Package review
5. PEP Q (Polygraph Questionaire) Review - 2015/Aug/26
6. RMSI - 2015/Nov/15
7. Pre-Employment Polygraph - 2016/Jan/16
8. Background investigation- Completed 2015/May 18
9. Medical review- Psych 2016/March/29. Medical 2016/May/25
Medical complete- 2016/June/15
10. Final review-
11. Depot - :pistols:

Azalin
Rookie Member

Postby Azalin » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:02 pm

mack_silent wrote:Why are so many cadets getting injured during training?

I could get a lot of heat for saying this, but here it goes.....

I'm not sure what Depot was like for the Veterans, but a lot of the people that get injured that I saw were the people that tried to ramp up their intensity too quick while not being in the best shape to begin with. Like it's been said before, Depot is a marathon, not a sprint. You don't necessarily get a ton of time to sleep and lay around and look after yourself. If you are just coming into a workout plan, SLOWLY ramp yourself up. They will keep telling you at Depot to give 200%, they want to see you on the ground panting giving it your all; but should you? No, at least not all time. Know your limits, play within them. You're at Depot to get in shape, not become an Olympic athlete. If you are burning yourself out, your body breaks down, muscle fibres don't repair as quick, gait get lousy, and injuries happen.

Nothing wrong with giving it your all, but there is a lot more going on at Depot than just fitness. At home if you twist an ankle, twinge your knee, you have the ability to go home and lay down on the couch all night with ice and anti inflammatorys for a little while. You can't really do that at Depot. Some injuries get better quick, other times you push them and they get worse; to the point you do need to leave. Make sure you listen to your body, the Facilitators will push you and motivate you; its their job, and they will do a damn good job and get you in shape, but you also need to know when to slow down and recover.

baconman91
Rookie Member

Postby baconman91 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:44 pm

Greetings Fellow RCMP Applicants,

Just a question for anyone that may have some insight.

Is anyone from O division waiting what seems to be an extended period of time for their Security Clearance to be issued?

I have completed all the steps prior and my recruiter has stated if I'm issued security clearance I will be offered a position within a Troop. Currently I've been waiting what is soon to be 3 months for this Clearance to be issued. Does anyone have a similar time line to compare? I understand it is case by case but any insight is welcomed!

Thanks for the help!
CO2 MCSC

dpgholi
Rookie Member

Postby dpgholi » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:56 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Azalin wrote: You're at Depot to get in shape

False. You go to Depot to learn how to be a police officer, you should already be walking in the doors in some semblance of good physical condition, if you aren't then where was your motivation during the whole application process?

Agreed, 100%.

Depot is not a place to get into shape, I would think an applicant would be in decent shape to begin with!
Last edited by dpgholi on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MB Applicant
Online App: 2016/10/19
RPAB: 2016/11/19
SP: 2016/12/07
SP Sent: 2016/12/17
RMAQ Review:
PEP:
PEP REC:
BGI:
PSYCH/MED:
SUIT:
SC: