RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
oxlemar
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby oxlemar » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:41 am

cbmcmsa wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:01 am
Mike07P wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:25 am
Good morning everyone!

Hope all is well. I just got word from my recruiter that they are awaiting my secuirty clearance.

I had a question/situation and wanted to maybe get some insight and advice from you all.

Currently my girlfriend and I are wanting to go on vacation with each other for about 2-3 weeks maybe our last before I head for Depot. As I stated above I’m kind of at the end of the process waiting on SC. Im aware that everyone’s timeline is different and I’ve seen posts of individuals who state to just live your life until the Golden Call.

I’m assuming I should definitely make my recruiter aware if I want to travel and maybe get cancellation with all my accommodations.

Just looking to see if anyone was in a similar situation and had some input! Thanks everyone and have great week!
If you were just informed that you are in security you probably have a long wait still. Maybe not, but more than likely a long wait. Everyone's timeline is different so it could be a couple weeks to a year for this part. Just saying.
Echoing what was previously said. Do inform your recruiter of your travel and do get cancellation insurance, it's worth every dollar.

A little anecdote, I was in the process for a Telecommunications Operator job, got the email that I was selected and training was to begin on the Monday. It was the Friday prior and I was in an airport on a layover in transit to my travel destination for 3 weeks. Needless to say, I didn't turn back and continued on my trip and later was offered a spot in the training program.

I personally would travel instead of waiting around for the what if's.
Last edited by oxlemar on Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DanyD92

Postby DanyD92 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:18 pm

Mike07P wrote:
Good morning everyone!

Hope all is well. I just got word from my recruiter that they are awaiting my secuirty clearance.

I had a question/situation and wanted to maybe get some insight and advice from you all.

Currently my girlfriend and I are wanting to go on vacation with each other for about 2-3 weeks maybe our last before I head for Depot. As I stated above I’m kind of at the end of the process waiting on SC. Im aware that everyone’s timeline is different and I’ve seen posts of individuals who state to just live your life until the Golden Call.

I’m assuming I should definitely make my recruiter aware if I want to travel and maybe get cancellation with all my accommodations.

Just looking to see if anyone was in a similar situation and had some input! Thanks everyone and have great week!

Take the vacation and advise your coordinator. You can be in security for a while. There is a recruit at depot currently who had their security clearance take 18 months.
BC
App:23/9/18
RPAB:28/11/18
SP submitted:20/12/18
Quality Assurance:15/01/19
RMAQ Rec:16/07/19
RFI: 25/07/19
Field investigation:6/08/19
PEP:15/09/19
PEP Rec:01/10/19
Med:03/10/19
Psych:16/10/19
Final med:25/10/19
Medical Clearance: 16/01/20
SC:
Troop:

AlbertaMan
Rookie Member

Postby AlbertaMan » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:51 am

Have my PEP on Monday, excited to get further in the application process, I hope everyone's application is going good.
AB Applicant

RPAB - 07/17/2019
Selection Package 07/29/2019
Suitability Review Stage 08/27/2019
RMAQ 01/09/2020
RFI 01/20/2020
PEP 03/02/2020
PEP REC 03/09/2020
Field Investigation 03/17/2020

sig1992

Postby sig1992 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:15 am

AlbertaMan wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:51 am
Have my PEP on Monday, excited to get further in the application process, I hope everyone's application is going good.
Awesome, best of luck!

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:08 pm

Mike07P wrote:
Good morning everyone!

Advise your Recruiting contact, then live, laugh, love, or whatever your favourite Pier1 wall hanging says.
And remember: Saskatchewan is a DRY cold!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)

Wingman19

Postby Wingman19 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:45 pm

If anyone can elaborate on this, would appreciate it.

Once you graduate and given your posting. 1) How much time are you given to find a place to rent. Is moving cost covered. Is there any financial incentives towards your rent for the first year. From what I've read, you are sometimes given a couple days or even the next day when you start your field training.

2) Hypothetically, you are posted in BC, you buy a house in BC and you are forced to transfer to Ontario. Are you literally at the mercy of the RCMP if you are trying to raise a family. Is transferring voluntary.

Thanks.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suitability: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
PEP: Recom May 1/20
PEP rec: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

Steen
Rookie Member

Postby Steen » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:04 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:45 pm

Once you graduate and given your posting. 1) How much time are you given to find a place to rent. Is moving cost covered. Is there any financial incentives towards your rent for the first year. From what I've read, you are sometimes given a couple days or even the next day when you start your field training.

2) Hypothetically, you are posted in BC, you buy a house in BC and you are forced to transfer to Ontario. Are you literally at the mercy of the RCMP if you are trying to raise a family. Is transferring voluntary.

Thanks.
1. Depends on your unit/CO. Coverage depends on what policy you fall under. HHG&E is mostly covered. You're probably going to want to start looking for a place before you leave depot. There's no HHT for initial postings unless you fall under regular member policy, which very few leaving depot do.

2. If you don't want to move, don't join up. Staffing will take personal circumstances and preference into account, but you go where they tell you. Or, you puss or and quit when you get a shitty posting - it is 2020 after all.
RM

Steen
Rookie Member

Postby Steen » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Steen wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:04 pm
Wingman19 wrote:

Thanks.
1. Depends on your unit/CO. Coverage depends on what policy you fall under. HHG&E is mostly covered. You're probably going to want to start looking for a place before you leave depot. There's no HHT for initial postings unless you fall under regular member policy, which very few leaving depot do.

2. Misunderstood the question. I have no experience buying/selling real estate under RCMP policy
RM

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:32 pm

Wingman19 wrote:

Thanks.
1) You get your post with 6 weeks left (may have changed, it was a 24 week program when I was there, its 26 now). You can start looking then, but know that you still haven't passed yet.

2) You get your post, its your responsibility to sell your house. If you take a loss, you may be reimburse for up to 30k. You are, however, on a timer to sell your house. Don't sell after a period and your transfer may be cancelled. In terms of being forced, you get a say in your second posting, you'll get offered stuff and its your choice to accept...more or less.
K division.

Wingman19

Postby Wingman19 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:05 pm

Shawshank wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:32 pm
Wingman19 wrote:

Thanks.
1) You get your post with 6 weeks left (may have changed, it was a 24 week program when I was there, its 26 now). You can start looking then, but know that you still haven't passed yet.

2) You get your post, its your responsibility to sell your house. If you take a loss, you may be reimburse for up to 30k. You are, however, on a timer to sell your house. Don't sell after a period and your transfer may be cancelled. In terms of being forced, you get a say in your second posting, you'll get offered stuff and its your choice to accept...more or less.
Thanks for the insight. Whats the duration of your first post before you have the opportunity for a transfer. Do the majority of RM's spend their careers in their second postings.
RCMP ON APP
RFI April/20

JJC1783
Rookie Member

Postby JJC1783 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:08 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster.
Received the golden call the other day! I’ll be in troop 40 starting March 23rd. Took about 18 months, patience is a virtue. Anyone else in troop 40?

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:10 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:05 pm
Shawshank wrote:
Wingman19 wrote:
Thanks.
Thanks for the insight. Whats the duration of your first post before you have the opportunity for a transfer. Do the majority of RM's spend their careers in their second postings.
You REALLY need to read through these posts more thoroughly.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)

Glasgow
Rookie Member

Postby Glasgow » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:22 pm

Patiently waiting for that golden call, still waiting for clearance, good luck to all that’s had the call and starting soon

Wingman19

Postby Wingman19 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:38 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:10 pm
Wingman19 wrote:
Shawshank wrote:

I am!
RCMP ON APP
RFI April/20

BMAN-22
Rookie Member

Postby BMAN-22 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:10 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:38 pm
Pete Broccolo wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:10 pm
Wingman19 wrote:
I am!
I'll try to answer this, the duration of your first post varies depending on where you are. If you are in a limited duration post it will have a set time you are there; generally 2-4 years. Other than that it depends on the division, and detachment you're posted to.
RCMP General Duty - B Division