RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
choiyh
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby choiyh » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:37 am

Silvaticus wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:41 pm
choiyh wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:11 pm
I have a question about generation cautions.

I know prostitution is illegal and not allowed to be a police officer in Canada.
However, I have been to a strip club and had a lap dance because my idiotic friend kept asked me to go and he said he is gonna pay al for it. I rejected offers from all those strippers to go out and couldn't even look at them. I finally accepted the offer when someone kept begging for it, when she sat down on me I said don't do it and let's just cuddle and have a conversation.

So should I put yes if they ask me if I had any sexual service?
If it is negatively affecting my application, then I am gonna unfriend my friend.
First of all, don't blame your friend. Take responsibility for your own actions. You made a conscious and deliberate decision to go to the strip club.

Lap dances have been legal in Canada for 20 years, ruled on by the Supreme Court. Buying sex is illegal. How that affects your application I don't think anybody can tell you until you put it down and see how things go.
Thank you for your response. Should I disclose it or not? I k ie I will never go to that place because it is a bad thing and club like this could be potentially run by mobs.

choiyh
Rookie Member

Postby choiyh » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:37 am

Silvaticus wrote:
choiyh wrote:

I know prostitution is illegal and not allowed to be a police officer in Canada.
However, I have been to a strip club and had a lap dance because my idiotic friend kept asked me to go and he said he is gonna pay al for it. I rejected offers from all those strippers to go out and couldn't even look at them. I finally accepted the offer when someone kept begging for it, when she sat down on me I said don't do it and let's just cuddle and have a conversation.

If it is negatively affecting my application, then I am gonna unfriend my friend.
First of all, don't blame your friend. Take responsibility for your own actions. You made a conscious and deliberate decision to go to the strip club.

Lap dances have been legal in Canada for 20 years, ruled on by the Supreme Court. Buying sex is illegal. How that affects your application I don't think anybody can tell you until you put it down and see how things go.
Thank you for your response. Should I disclose it or not ?will never go to that place because it is a bad thing and club like this could be potentially run by mobs.

Silvaticus
Rookie Member

Postby Silvaticus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:34 pm

choiyh wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:37 am
Silvaticus wrote:
choiyh wrote:

Thank you for your response. Should I disclose it or not? I k ie I will never go to that place because it is a bad thing and club like this could be potentially run by mobs.
If it was me. I'd definitely disclose it and just explain in detail what happened. If you're worrying about it now, you're going to be worrying about it if you have your Polygraph interview. You don't want to be worrying about undisclosed information when you're at that stage.
RCMP SK APP
Online App 16/05/2019
S/P Sent 06/06/2019
RMAQ 09/10/2019
RFI 16/10/2019
BGI 28/10/2019
PEP 26/11/2019
PEP Rec 02/12/2019
Med/Psych 29/01/2020
Med Cleared 05/02/2020
Sec start 05/02/2020

choiyh
Rookie Member

Postby choiyh » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Silvaticus wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:34 pm
choiyh wrote:
Silvaticus wrote:

If it was me. I'd definitely disclose it and just explain in detail what happened. If you're worrying about it now, you're going to be worrying about it if you have your Polygraph interview. You don't want to be worrying about undisclosed information when you're at that stage.
Okay, but I have see one of the applicant got deferred for going to a strip club. They see it as same as prostitution.

Wingman19

Postby Wingman19 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:55 pm

choiyh wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:36 pm
Silvaticus wrote:
choiyh wrote:

Okay, but I have see one of the applicant got deferred for going to a strip club. They see it as same as prostitution.
From what I've read, that sort of conduct will most likely going to get you deferred. Smoking marijuana when it was illegal will get you deferred as you are still breaking the law. There seems to be some leniency on marijuana, like for medical purposes but context matters.

Good luck.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
Suitability: Feb 26
RMAQ: Feb ???
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

Steelcity94
Rookie Member

Postby Steelcity94 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:19 pm

choiyh wrote:
Silvaticus wrote:
choiyh wrote:

If you're worried about this issue then disclose it to your file coordinator and see what happens. To put this topic into perspective. I found this from May of 2018 in this forum:
Applicant2018 wrote:
Hello,

Is going to a strip club and taking a lap dance for one's bachelor party a crime in the eyes of the RCMP?

Well, on my previous application I disclosed my visit to strip club, I also disclosed throwing coins to the dancer's genital as directed by the dancer. The polygrapher called me a "bad boy", and then I passed, and received troop offer...…””

Search the forums back to 2018 if you’re curious as to what other applicants think.

Take it as you will.
Last edited by Steelcity94 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troop 4 2020

choiyh
Rookie Member

Postby choiyh » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:46 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:55 pm
choiyh wrote:
Silvaticus wrote:

From what I've read, that sort of conduct will most likely going to get you deferred. Smoking marijuana when it was illegal will get you deferred as you are still breaking the law. There seems to be some leniency on marijuana, like for medical purposes but context matters.

Good luck.
I have smoked weed once in national weekday in 2016. It was legal just for that time. Thousands of folks were smoking at Yonge and Dundas square . Would it be okay though?

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:21 am

choiyh wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:46 pm

I have smoked weed once in national weekday in 2016. It was legal just for that time. Thousands of folks were smoking at Yonge and Dundas square . Would it be okay though?
No one in here can answer that question. But be SURE to tell your recruiter that it was “legal just for that time,” and “Thousands of folks” were doing it. They like a good laugh as much as the next person.

Quite frankly, if you seriously believe it was legal because thousands of folks were doing it, I don’t think you are cut out for law enforcement. I am sure thousands of folks text while driving too. Does this mean you won’t stop any of them??

But thanks for the laugh. Best one I heard all day. Recruiters will probably take your quote and hang it on their wall.

Fonthill
Veteran Member

Postby Fonthill » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:22 am

Dave Brown wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:21 am
choiyh wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:46 pm

No one in here can answer that question. But be SURE to tell your recruiter that it was “legal just for that time,” and “Thousands of folks” were doing it. They like a good laugh as much as the next person.

Quite frankly, if you seriously believe it was legal because thousands of folks were doing it, I don’t think you are cut out for law enforcement. I am sure thousands of folks text while driving too. Does this mean you won’t stop any of them??

But thanks for the laugh. Best one I heard all day. Recruiters will probably take your quote and hang it on their wall.
Lol

Where do these people come from ?

Your a follower, not a leader so need to take a hike

2nd. Highly doubt it was legal to smoke it when smoking it when it didn’t become legal in Canada until 2018. You fully engaged into illegal Activities that was prohibited by law.

Your Bs story already sounds like there is more to it. Then it appears your drove there and drove back. 2nd ding !! Ding ding ding are good for law enforcement lol
Correctional Officer, CO2

jordan442
Rookie Member

Postby jordan442 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:56 am

Hey all,

I just started working on my selection package and I'm stuck on the Friends/Associates and Characters references bit

From my understanding, the 5 friends/Associates you put down cannot also be used as character references? If that's the case I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I can just barely put 5 friends and only 3 of them are people I am regularly in close contact with to begin with. I genuinely have no one else I could use as character references if they can't cross over. I imagine character references are the ones who should know me the best, right?

What am I supposed to do? Scrounge up people I used to go to high school with and haven't had any contact with since highschool to use as my associates? :?

Is there no way I could use co-workers? However I've only known them for just over 2 years. But I do also work as a security guard in a hospital so they would be the best references on how I perform in an authority role/dealing with the public, and definitely know my current self better than some of my "friends" I haven't talked to in years do. :ponder:

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:44 pm

I'll take a second to chime in here on a couple of points. There's several posts about a strip club and whether getting a lap dance is prostitution. As correctly indicated it is in fact not illegal. When it comes to the Regular Member Applicant Questionnaire, you don't need to over think it. When in doubt put it down, simple, end sentence, period.

If after submitting your selection package you remember something else that you hadn't originally included, again don't overthink this. It is very simple, contact your advisor and disclose it, period, end sentence.

I'm not sure how to respond the one day the illegal use of marijuana was somehow legalized and it was ok to use? Again when in doubt, disclose it. Remember that everyone makes mistakes and maybe does something they're not proud of. We're not looking for perfect people, we're looking for applicants to have honesty and integrity.

Imran

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Sorry one last response before the weekend. There is a question about the selection package and the friends/associates specifically. Follow the directions you've been given and when in doubt contact your recruiting advisor and explain the situation. Write down the best people you have in your life, who are going to help you get through the process successfully.

Imran

jordan442
Rookie Member

Postby jordan442 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:41 pm

In regard to listing all of my immediate family, is EVERY family member required?

My mom alone has 12 siblings (therefore I have a huge amount of family members through her), however 75% of them I have no memory of ever even meeting them before in my life, and such I have not had any contact or have really any knowledge about them. I don't even know all of their names.

Would I just put down as much as I know or would I have to go and try to dig up as much information as I can?

Silvaticus
Rookie Member

Postby Silvaticus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:20 pm

jordan442 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:41 pm
In regard to listing all of my immediate family, is EVERY family member required?

My mom alone has 12 siblings (therefore I have a huge amount of family members through her), however 75% of them I have no memory of ever even meeting them before in my life, and such I have not had any contact or have really any knowledge about them. I don't even know all of their names.

Would I just put down as much as I know or would I have to go and try to dig up as much information as I can?
You should go and actually read the instructions that go along with filling out the forms.
RCMP SK APP
Online App 16/05/2019
S/P Sent 06/06/2019
RMAQ 09/10/2019
RFI 16/10/2019
BGI 28/10/2019
PEP 26/11/2019
PEP Rec 02/12/2019
Med/Psych 29/01/2020
Med Cleared 05/02/2020
Sec start 05/02/2020

jordan442
Rookie Member

Postby jordan442 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:25 am

Silvaticus wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:20 pm
jordan442 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:41 pm

You should go and actually read the instructions that go along with filling out the forms.

I did