RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Glasgow
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:20 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Glasgow » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:16 am

Hello all hope you all had a merry Xmas, I just got a email saying medical cleared today, now the longest part of the process, good luck to all in the process and be patient, everyone’s situation is different and time lines may differ greatly.

My timeline




RCMP application reinserted—-21July2019
SP sent——01 August 2019
Sp accepted—09 August 2019
Security — 14 August missing info sent.
Sp— accepted 15 August 2019
Rmqa—27 September 2019
RFI—-03 October 2019-recommended
Field investigation—04 October 2019
Field investigation— recommended 22 Oct 2019
PEP—-12 November 2019
Pep Rec—16 November 2019
Medical—25 October 2019
Psych—05 December 2019
Medical recommended—-31 December 2019
Security clearance—
Troop—-

k_eds
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 11:14 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby k_eds » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:11 pm

Anyone joining me in Troop 37 on Feb 24? :D

Pho-fo-Sho
Rookie Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:36 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:25 pm

Just replying about the previous topic about Depot.

Yeah, the amount of troops loaded up here is nuts. 40 troops in total, but not all of them are here yet.

But when you look at where people are getting posted every week, it is crazy.

epeac895
Rookie Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby epeac895 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:02 pm

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:25 pm
But when you look at where people are getting posted every week, it is crazy.
Crazy in what aspect: Completely randomly, very remote, or is there a pattern to it?

I’m personally not too worried, just looking for insight on what you mean. At the end of the day I’ll happily go where they tell me to report for duty.
AB Applicant
App:02/08/18
RPAB:11/09/18
SP:07/11/18
RMAQ Rvw:18/12/18
PEP:12/01/19
PEP Apr:18/01/19
BGI:26/02/19
Med/Psych:28/02/19
Psych Int:10/05/19
Med approv:5/06/19
FSR:06/03/19
DSU:13/03/19
SC:21/10/2019
TROOP 33 WK:8

Pho-fo-Sho
Rookie Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:36 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:15 pm

epeac895 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:02 pm
Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:25 pm
But when you look at where people are getting posted every week, it is crazy.
Crazy in what aspect: Completely randomly, very remote, or is there a pattern to it?

I’m personally not too worried, just looking for insight on what you mean. At the end of the day I’ll happily go where they tell me to report for duty.
No pattern (But I am just a cadet, what do I know?). The winds of fate changes. F Division has not opened up for a a while while K, E are accepting people like crazy. There's been a couple posting to the Maritimes, crazy hard to get those positions though.

epeac895
Rookie Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby epeac895 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:22 pm

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:15 pm
epeac895 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:02 pm
Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:25 pm
But when you look at where people are getting posted every week, it is crazy.
Crazy in what aspect: Completely randomly, very remote, or is there a pattern to it?

I’m personally not too worried, just looking for insight on what you mean. At the end of the day I’ll happily go where they tell me to report for duty.
No pattern (But I am just a cadet, what do I know?). The winds of fate changes. F Division has not opened up for a a while while K, E are accepting people like crazy. There's been a couple posting to the Maritimes, crazy hard to get those positions though.
I’m hopeful for K div. But I’ll just be happy to graduate and get posted honestly.

Good to know my top 2 provinces seem to be the goto destinations. Do most people seem to be getting what they want or close enough at least?
AB Applicant
App:02/08/18
RPAB:11/09/18
SP:07/11/18
RMAQ Rvw:18/12/18
PEP:12/01/19
PEP Apr:18/01/19
BGI:26/02/19
Med/Psych:28/02/19
Psych Int:10/05/19
Med approv:5/06/19
FSR:06/03/19
DSU:13/03/19
SC:21/10/2019
TROOP 33 WK:8

Pho-fo-Sho
Rookie Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:36 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:57 pm

epeac895 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:22 pm

I’m hopeful for K div. But I’ll just be happy to graduate and get posted honestly.

Good to know my top 2 provinces seem to be the goto destinations. Do most people seem to be getting what they want or close enough at least?
I have no idea. You get interviewed around half way into your training on where you like to go, but you do see cadets who get posted like an hour away from their hometown/city.

epeac895
Rookie Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby epeac895 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:01 pm

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:57 pm
epeac895 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:22 pm

I’m hopeful for K div. But I’ll just be happy to graduate and get posted honestly.

Good to know my top 2 provinces seem to be the goto destinations. Do most people seem to be getting what they want or close enough at least?
I have no idea. You get interviewed around half way into your training on where you like to go, but you do see cadets who get posted like an hour away from their hometown/city.
Well that would be sweet, good for them! Where are you hoping to end up?
AB Applicant
App:02/08/18
RPAB:11/09/18
SP:07/11/18
RMAQ Rvw:18/12/18
PEP:12/01/19
PEP Apr:18/01/19
BGI:26/02/19
Med/Psych:28/02/19
Psych Int:10/05/19
Med approv:5/06/19
FSR:06/03/19
DSU:13/03/19
SC:21/10/2019
TROOP 33 WK:8

User avatar
Wingman19
Regular Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Wingman19 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:05 pm

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:57 pm
epeac895 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:22 pm

I’m hopeful for K div. But I’ll just be happy to graduate and get posted honestly.

Good to know my top 2 provinces seem to be the goto destinations. Do most people seem to be getting what they want or close enough at least?
I have no idea. You get interviewed around half way into your training on where you like to go, but you do see cadets who get posted like an hour away from their hometown/city.
Except Ontario.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suitability: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
PEP: Recom May 1/20
PEP rec: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

Pho-fo-Sho
Rookie Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:36 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:39 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:05 pm
Except Ontario.
Someone got posted to Ontario, straight to Toronto.

Grapevine is saying that he was super specialized already.

It happens.

Pho-fo-Sho
Rookie Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:36 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:40 pm

epeac895 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:01 pm

Well that would be sweet, good for them! Where are you hoping to end up?
Meh. I don't care. Haha.

epeac895
Rookie Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby epeac895 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:52 am

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:40 pm
epeac895 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:01 pm

Well that would be sweet, good for them! Where are you hoping to end up?
Meh. I don't care. Haha.
Fair enough. I won’t be upset anywhere either.

I have a few specialized skills from the military and have aspirations to use them again. But I fully intend on doing a good amount of GD policing before attempting to follow that path, But if GD policing is what I’m hoping it is idk if I’ll want to specialize.
AB Applicant
App:02/08/18
RPAB:11/09/18
SP:07/11/18
RMAQ Rvw:18/12/18
PEP:12/01/19
PEP Apr:18/01/19
BGI:26/02/19
Med/Psych:28/02/19
Psych Int:10/05/19
Med approv:5/06/19
FSR:06/03/19
DSU:13/03/19
SC:21/10/2019
TROOP 33 WK:8

User avatar
Wingman19
Regular Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Wingman19 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:48 am

Just wondering if you guys have your immunization for Hepatitis B series. I just read somewhere if you don't have them, you will be deferred. If anyone who got to the medical stage that can provide some insight, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suitability: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
PEP: Recom May 1/20
PEP rec: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

Nomanking
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:52 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Nomanking » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:49 am

Wingman19 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:48 am
Just wondering if you guys have your immunization for Hepatitis B series. I just read somewhere if you don't have them, you will be deferred. If anyone who got to the medical stage that can provide some insight, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Yes you do need your Hep B vaccine to receive medical clearance. If you’re not sure if you were vaccinated when you were younger or need to be vaccinated visit your doctors office.
Applied - Jan 20/19
RPAB - Mar 27
SP Sub - Mar 04
SP Rec - Mar 14
RMAQ - Sept 12
RFI - Sept 19
Field Investigation - Sept 25
PEP - Oct 15
PEP Rec - Oct 15
MED - Oct 23
PSYC - Oct 25
MED Rec - Dec 31
PSYC Rec - Dec 31
SC -
TROOP -

epeac895
Rookie Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby epeac895 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:27 am

Wingman19 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:48 am
Just wondering if you guys have your immunization for Hepatitis B series. I just read somewhere if you don't have them, you will be deferred. If anyone who got to the medical stage that can provide some insight, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
I would suggest talking to your Family doctor and getting started on the twinrix series for Hep A and B; as yes I believe it is a requirement to have at least Hep B immunizations.
AB Applicant
App:02/08/18
RPAB:11/09/18
SP:07/11/18
RMAQ Rvw:18/12/18
PEP:12/01/19
PEP Apr:18/01/19
BGI:26/02/19
Med/Psych:28/02/19
Psych Int:10/05/19
Med approv:5/06/19
FSR:06/03/19
DSU:13/03/19
SC:21/10/2019
TROOP 33 WK:8


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DV39, Google [Bot], SemrushBot and 3 guests