RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
oliveyoo01
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby oliveyoo01 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:02 pm

MichaelVAP wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:08 am
Does anyone know if job references are called before the RFI or after? Reason I ask is because I do want to let my current job know to expect the call but fear when they find out I’ll be laid off. I know I’ll do amazing on the RFI (got to stay positive) but if I can tell them after I pass the RFI I would feel more comfortable haha.
Would the force, or any job for that matter, waste resources to do a BGI on you BEFORE you pass your interview?

Like everyone says...control what you can control and that’s to prepare and focus on your next step. Don’t worry about this or that, which you have no control over.

N_McKenna
Rookie Member

Postby N_McKenna » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:48 pm

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:48 am
Heretolearn wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:56 pm
Any running tips, I’m not a very strong runner but have been running 3 times a week. All your advice is much appreciated.
I run/cardio 5-6 times a week, depending on how I feel. I would definitely recommend High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). This type of workout will suck a lot but it will get "easier" as your body adapts to the physiological stresses that you impose on your body.

I would recommend to start off with 1 HIIT session a week and then go for 2 while doing your regular running stuff.

E.g. My schedule

M - 3km
T - 2.4km (EASY running) HIIT
W - 3km
TH - 2.4km (EASY running) HIIT
F - 3km
S - Swim/Stationary cardio
S - Rest

___

You need to remember that HIIT needs to be extremely intense and get into the VO2 zone for your body to adapt.

HIIT can be anything from 10x 100m sprints + 10 burpees at the end of every sprint (decrease 1 burpee for every completed set. E.g. 10, 9 ,8...) to 1 minute of intense rowing, and 1 min rest (x10 times).

HIIT workouts are between 10 - 20 minutes of high intensity.

It's up to your imagination and you can always search up good HIIT workouts.

Everyone - Feel free to critique my cardio schedule, it's a rough outline of what I do and does not include strength training. It works for me and my PARE practice time is well within the graduation time, so I am happy with it.

P.S
Sorry for the double posting.

@HeretoLearn - PM me if you want to get a more detailed version - I just don't want to create a wall of text on this sub-forum.
3 k or 3 miles?

Pho-fo-Sho

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:40 pm

N_McKenna wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:48 pm
3 k or 3 miles?
3km. I do run 5km and 8km once in a while. I was just creating a baseline for HeretoLearn.

MRKB
Rookie Member

Postby MRKB » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:38 pm

oxlemar wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:27 pm
Not sure if anyone that has gone through or currently there can answer this one.

Do Second Language Evaluation results have an impact on your first posting after completing Depot?
Yes. However only if you are applying to somewhere that requires you to be officially bilingual (i.e. New Brunswick).

So if you want to get posted to New Brunswick but you don't score high enough on the test you will end up in another division. Other than that it has no impact. You get a division and then that division sends you wherever the dart lands.

Mike
Police Officer

oxlemar

Postby oxlemar » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:30 pm

MRKB wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:38 pm
oxlemar wrote:
Not sure if anyone that has gone through or currently there can answer this one.

Do Second Language Evaluation results have an impact on your first posting after completing Depot?
Yes. However only if you are applying to somewhere that requires you to be officially bilingual (i.e. New Brunswick).

So if you want to get posted to New Brunswick but you don't score high enough on the test you will end up in another division. Other than that it has no impact. You get a division and then that division sends you wherever the dart lands.

Mike
Thank you for the insight Mike.

I was curious because I just recently got my E's in all three components. Won't have to do them ever again.

MRKB
Rookie Member

Postby MRKB » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:31 pm

oxlemar wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:30 pm
MRKB wrote:
oxlemar wrote:

Mike

I was curious because I just recently got my E's in all three components. Won't have to do them ever again.
You do realize you are applying for a job in the federal government right? Nothing is ever that easy. You will do a written and verbal test at Depot to get your qualification with the RCMP.

Also, on top of going to a bilingual division there is one other reason to take the test and get a good rating. The RCMP will pay extra to a member that is officially bilingual.

Mike
Police Officer

Steen
Rookie Member

Postby Steen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:25 pm

MRKB wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:31 pm
oxlemar wrote:
MRKB wrote:

Mike

You do realize you are applying for a job in the federal government right? Nothing is ever that easy. You will do a written and verbal test at Depot to get your qualification with the RCMP.

Also, on top of going to a bilingual division there is one other reason to take the test and get a good rating. The RCMP will pay extra to a member that is officially bilingual.

Mike
800 bucks to take to the bank!
RM

oxlemar

Postby oxlemar » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:27 pm

MRKB wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:31 pm
oxlemar wrote:
MRKB wrote:

Mike

Mike
I probably should have specified that I've been/am Public Servant of the Federal Government and previously was a Telecommunication Operator at an OCC.

From discussions with applicants from Quebec that identified themselves as French being their first lanaguage, they undergo the same testing administered by the Public Service Commission (reading,writing ,oral) pre-Depot in order to assess their capability to be part of an English Troop.

I guess I'll know when and if I have the opportunity to get to that step.

Pho-fo-Sho

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:33 am

[It's been answered].
Last edited by Pho-fo-Sho on Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wingman19
Veteran Member

Postby Wingman19 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi guys, this may be an unusual dillema but I'm not sure how to fill out the "Friends and Associates suitability screening" form. it's asking me to provide information on five of my closest associates (friends who I socialize regularly).

I'm not able to fill it out completely as I've never considered people who I associated outside of work as friends. I no longer keep in touch with older friends. I keep to myself, my family and my business.

Also it would be catastrophic asking acquaintances who may have a criminal background that I am not unaware of which would raise flags on my application through mere association.

Any advise regarding this would be appreciated. I was going to email the recruiter soon but I fear there is absolutely no exemption regarding this.

Thanks
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suitability: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
PEP: Recom May 1/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP rec: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

MichaelVAP
Rookie Member

Postby MichaelVAP » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:08 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:13 pm
Hi guys, this may be an unusual dillema but I'm not sure how to fill out the "Friends and Associates suitability screening" form. it's asking me to provide information on five of my closest associates (friends who I socialize regularly).

I'm not able to fill it out completely as I've never considered people who I associated outside of work as friends. I no longer keep in touch with older friends. I keep to myself, my family and my business.

Also it would be catastrophic asking acquaintances who may have a criminal background that I am not unaware of which would raise flags on my application through mere association.

Any advise regarding this would be appreciated. I was going to email the recruiter soon but I fear there is absolutely no exemption regarding this.

Thanks

I’ve read on these forums that if this happens you can explain it to the person in charge of your file. Apparently they can give you alternatives or ask you to just try your best.
ON Applicant
App: MAR 19
RPAB: APR 19
SP submitted: APR 19
SP Reviewed: MAY 19
Clerical test: MAY 19
RMAQ: NOV 19
RFI: NOV 19
Field investigation: DEC 19
PEP: JAN 20
PEP Rec: JAN 20
Psych: FEB 20
Psych Rec:
Medical: FEB 20
Med Rec:
SC:
Troop:

PTrotts
Rookie Member

Postby PTrotts » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:03 pm

ON applicant

June 14, 2019: Online application
July 15, 2019: Sent selection package
September 5, 2019: Suitability review stage, informed of major backlog of files
September 18, 2019: Second language evaluation (written part)
November 12, 2019: Second language evaluation (oral part)
November 28, 2019: RMAQ
RFI:
PEP:
BGI:
MED:
PSYCH:
SC:
TROOP OFFER:

Got my RMAQ interview scheduled for next week. :D

oxlemar

Postby oxlemar » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:08 pm

PTrotts wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:03 pm
ON applicant

RFI:
PEP:
BGI:
MED:
PSYCH:
SC:
TROOP OFFER:

Good luck!

Est-ce que les examens de deuxièmes langues sont par ce que ta langue maternelle est le français?

PTrotts
Rookie Member

Postby PTrotts » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:37 pm

oxlemar wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:08 pm
PTrotts wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:03 pm
ON applicant

RFI:
PEP:
BGI:
MED:
PSYCH:
SC:
TROOP OFFER:

Good luck!

Est-ce que les examens de deuxièmes langues sont par ce que ta langue maternelle est le français?
Oui exactement, ma langue maternelle est le Français donc j'étais évaluer en Anglais.

AlbertaMan
Rookie Member

Postby AlbertaMan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:31 pm

is it possible to be sent to the same detachment that a brother is already located at?
AB Applicant

RPAB - 07/17/2019
Selection Package 07/29/2019
Suitability Review Stage 08/27/2019
RMAQ 01/09/2020
RFI 01/20/2020
PEP 03/02/2020
PEP REC 03/09/2020
Field Investigation 03/17/2020