RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Pete Broccolo

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:33 am

Formerly in *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***
Originally posted by lavitz » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:52 pm

hi, i would like to know what is the current delay for the whole process. I have already done the written exam on september 10 2019, and then was told i should have news arround a month later. like evreybody else i just cant wait for the next step . im from Quebec .

thank you verry much !!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I locked that topic just now.

After the attack on the site, Dave Brown, Mark Reesor, and other staffers were able to recover the AARR, and other, topics, but AARR was only able to be recovered to Oct 2018. Further, after the attack, and recovery, I had posted in this RAGCC topic that we will just use this topic, and ALL persons - interested / hopeful in applying, applicants in the system, Cadets at Depot, and any RCMP Regular / Police Officer Member or Civilian Member / Public Service Employee - to comment here.

Anyways, back to lavitz - I take it from the above being your first post, when you say you wrote your test, and with my not having checked your info, that you have not read through THIS thread much, if at all, so please do.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)

MichaelVAP
Rookie Member

Postby MichaelVAP » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:08 am

Just got an email this morning that my suitability screening is done and my RFI is scheduled for next week. My heart is pounding out of my chest but I have nothing to hide 😂. Never broke the law, never lied, never did drugs, etc... I think it’s because it’s one of the most important interviews of my life.

Anyways just wanted to post this update :) super excited. Wishing everyone the best of luck.
ON Applicant
App: MAR 19
RPAB: APR 19
SP submitted: APR 19
SP Reviewed: MAY 19
Clerical test: MAY 19
RMAQ: NOV 19
RFI: NOV 19
Field investigation: DEC 19
PEP: JAN 20
PEP Rec: JAN 20
Psych: FEB 20
Psych Rec:
Medical: FEB 20
Med Rec:
SC:
Troop:

oxlemar

Postby oxlemar » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:13 pm

MichaelVAP wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:08 am
Just got an email this morning that my suitability screening is done and my RFI is scheduled for next week. My heart is pounding out of my chest but I have nothing to hide 😂. Never broke the law, never lied, never did drugs, etc... I think it’s because it’s one of the most important interviews of my life.

Anyways just wanted to post this update :) super excited. Wishing everyone the best of luck.
6 months of suitability? Has the initial suitability replaced the final suitability review?

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi All,

Thought I'd post a reply to Lavitz here. I know there was some delay with french language first applicants. In these cases after you wrote the RPAB and passed you would be put through a language test to see if you could potentially go through the training in English. We obviously have more English troops per year then french only. If you haven't heard anything please email the general recruiting box of the province you live in.

Imran

MichaelVAP
Rookie Member

Postby MichaelVAP » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:12 pm

oxlemar wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:13 pm
MichaelVAP wrote:

6 months of suitability? Has the initial suitability replaced the final suitability review?
Not sure 🤔, all I know if I was in suitability screening. Then I was called in to do a clerical test which involves stuff I can’t disclose (part of a you say this your app is gone sort of deal). Then just this morning was told that I would be getting a 2 hour call for my RMAQ which I’m assuming is the RFI? Maybe I’m wrong though.

I thought once you do the RFI that means your suitability screening wait is done and now your on the next step?
ON Applicant
Psych Rec:
Med Rec:
SC:
Troop:

cbmcmsa

Postby cbmcmsa » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:44 pm

MichaelVAP wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:12 pm
oxlemar wrote:
MichaelVAP wrote:

Not sure 🤔, all I know if I was in suitability screening. Then I was called in to do a clerical test which involves stuff I can’t disclose (part of a you say this your app is gone sort of deal). Then just this morning was told that I would be getting a 2 hour call for my RMAQ which I’m assuming is the RFI? Maybe I’m wrong though.

I thought once you do the RFI that means your suitability screening wait is done and now your on the next step?
RMAQ is the RMAQ. They will tell you if you are successful what/when the next step (RFI) will be.
Former SBSO (CBSA)
App-08/18
RPAB-09/18
SP-11/18
Suitability-12/18
RMAQ-02/19
RFI-03/19
PEP-05/19
Med/Psych-05/19
Med/Psych Rec-06/19
Sec Clearance-07/19
Sec Clearance Rec-03/20
Troop Offer-March 10, 2020
Troop#4 - 2020/05/04 (On hold for COVID)

MichaelVAP
Rookie Member

Postby MichaelVAP » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:10 pm

cbmcmsa wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:44 pm
MichaelVAP wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:12 pm
oxlemar wrote:

RMAQ is the RMAQ. They will tell you if you are successful what/when the next step (RFI) will be.
Ohhhh my bad 😂.
ON Applicant
Psych Rec:
Med Rec:
SC:
Troop:

PTrotts
Rookie Member

Postby PTrotts » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:25 pm

First time post.

ON applicant

June 14, 2019: Online application
July 15, 2019: Sent selection package
September 5, 2019: Suitability review stage, informed of major backlog of files
September 18, 2019: Second language evaluation (written part)
October 21, 2019: Suitability stage, second notification from recruiter informing me of backlog
November 12, 2019: Second language evaluation (oral part)
RMAQ:
RFI:
PEP:
BGI:
MED:
PSYCH:
SC:
TROOP OFFER:

mrtinfoilman

Postby mrtinfoilman » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:05 am

Decided to throw in an RCMP application as well!

Is the online application just filling in the basic information and answering the pre-screening questions? (Already completed the hearing/vision forms) Thats it? I was confused why I wasn't able to submit my resume or add in my CGPA in the online application when there is a slot for it when you view your application.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Pho-fo-Sho

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:36 am

mrtinfoilman wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:05 am

Is the online application just filling in the basic information and answering the pre-screening questions? (Already completed the hearing/vision forms) Thats it? I was confused why I wasn't able to submit my resume or add in my CGPA in the online application when there is a slot for it when you view your application.

It's basic stuff first, then you need to fill out several things including the Regular Member Applicant Questionnaire, all of which will be sent to you through E-Post.

The instructions are very straightforward, and your recruiter will be there to clarify anything.

You don't need to add you resume or CGPA. Technically, they will see your CPGA when you send them your university transcripts.

Have fun scanning your documents :)

oxlemar

Postby oxlemar » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:38 am

mrtinfoilman wrote:

If memory serves, the information from your education gets pulled from the personal information tab in your Jobs.gc.ca profile.

Your resume isn't a requirement of the inventory ( which is basically a repertoire of applicants).

As far as I know, the RCMP does not use that information as they request that you submit digital copies of required documents (scans of transcripts etc..).

Hope that helps!

mrtinfoilman

Postby mrtinfoilman » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:04 am

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:36 am
mrtinfoilman wrote:

It's basic stuff first, then you need to fill out several things including the Regular Member Applicant Questionnaire, all of which will be sent to you through E-Post.

The instructions are very straightforward, and your recruiter will be there to clarify anything.

You don't need to add you resume or CGPA. Technically, they will see your CPGA when you send them your university transcripts.

Have fun scanning your documents :)

Appreciate it! Thanks!

mrtinfoilman

Postby mrtinfoilman » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:07 am

oxlemar wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:38 am
mrtinfoilman wrote:

If memory serves, the information from your education gets pulled from the personal information tab in your Jobs.gc.ca profile.

Your resume isn't a requirement of the inventory ( which is basically a repertoire of applicants).

As far as I know, the RCMP does not use that information as they request that you submit digital copies of required documents (scans of transcripts etc..).

Hope that helps!
It does! Thanks! I decided to attach my resume in the personal info tab that I found after the fact. I didn't put in anything in the "Submitted Work or Other Address", hopefully thats not a issue. Do you know how long it takes from application to get a response from them? Usually a month after the application window closes?

oxlemar

Postby oxlemar » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:15 am

It's a crapshoot to be honest.

I received an email from recruiting within 2 days of submitting my application and my reinsertion took 4 days.

Whereas I've heard others only receive an email weeks later.

Pho-fo-Sho

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:33 am

mrtinfoilman wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:07 am
Do you know how long it takes from application to get a response from them? Usually a month after the application window closes?
Agreed with oxlemar. If you look at the previous posters you will find processing time as quick as ~9 months to over 3 years.

Just sit tight and continue on living life.

If I were you, I'd peruse the previous pages of this topic. There is a lot of information that can be found here.