RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Mtlgirl
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:58 am

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Mtlgirl » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:54 pm

I am currently hold a reliability status security clearance. Could this possibly accelerate my process?
Applied: 2018/03/25
AOR: 2018/06/25
SP sent: 2018/07/07
SP Reviewed: 2018/08/02
RMAQ Interview: 2018/08/19
PEP REC: 2018/11/28
BGI: 2019/02/12
MED/PSYCH: 2019/03/05
SC: 2019/05/27

User avatar
JLuens
Rookie Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:34 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby JLuens » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:18 pm

Fingers_crossed wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:14 pm
Got a email today that I got my security clearance. I am aware that everyone has a different timeline I just checking to see how long roughly people are waiting after clearance for the call.
Got mine in a week, some people get a call sooner some longer. Should be within a month, most likely you will get a troop in may.
RCMP-BC App
-----
2017
App-07/26
RPAB-08/09
SP Rec-08/30
SP Sent-09/01
SP Rev-09/08
RMAQ Int-09/25
PEP-11/29

2018
PEP REC-01/09
PEP REV-02/15
BGI-03/15
MED-04/06
FSR REC-05/31
MED REC-04/18
Psych-07/05
SC-09/26
SC REC-12/11
Troop-12/17
Troop 1 April

User avatar
JLuens
Rookie Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:34 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby JLuens » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:25 pm

Mtlgirl wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:54 pm
I am currently hold a reliability status security clearance. Could this possibly accelerate my process?
If it was required for any other organization other than the RCMP, that organization is responsible for verifying the information you supplied, other than a criminal record check, and the RCMP would conduct their own independent Security Clearance check.
RCMP-BC App
-----
2017
App-07/26
RPAB-08/09
SP Rec-08/30
SP Sent-09/01
SP Rev-09/08
RMAQ Int-09/25
PEP-11/29

2018
PEP REC-01/09
PEP REV-02/15
BGI-03/15
MED-04/06
FSR REC-05/31
MED REC-04/18
Psych-07/05
SC-09/26
SC REC-12/11
Troop-12/17
Troop 1 April

scout_87
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby scout_87 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:12 am

Fingers_crossed wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:14 pm
Got a email today that I got my security clearance. I am aware that everyone has a different timeline I just checking to see how long roughly people are waiting after clearance for the call.
How long did you security clearance take to receive? Mine was started beginning of December, and yes I know everyone’s timeline is different :)
RCMP BC Applicant
Online App: 06/08/17
RPAB: 07/18/17
SP: 08/14/17
RMAQ: 12/17/17
PEP: 06/20/18
PEP Rec: 07/05/18
Med: 07/20/18
Psych: 08/07/18
Med/Psych Rec: 09/06/18
BGI Rec: 09/18
FS Rev: 12/18
SC: 03/08/19
Troop 14 - July 22nd

User avatar
John014
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Canada

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby John014 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:16 am

Mtlgirl wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:54 pm
I am currently hold a reliability status security clearance. Could this possibly accelerate my process?
Nope won't make any difference in time line.
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

"We aren't putting fuckin pickles on burgers here" - Sgt. S.
Police Officer

JDB2018
Rookie Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby JDB2018 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:44 am

scout_87 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:12 am
Fingers_crossed wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:14 pm
Got a email today that I got my security clearance. I am aware that everyone has a different timeline I just checking to see how long roughly people are waiting after clearance for the call.
How long did you security clearance take to receive? Mine was started beginning of December, and yes I know everyone’s timeline is different :)
Hello,

I've been waiting on security since August. My file was being reviewed by December 19th and I'm waiting on them to complete the process. Hopefully yours goes by quickly :)
Oct 16 -Deff
July 17- Med Reinsertion
Oct 17- Med/Psych
Dec 17- F/up Psych
Feb 18- Med Cleared
Feb 18- Selection Pkg
Mar 18- RMAQ Interview
May 18- Poly
Jun 18- Poly Recommended
Aug 18- Suitability Recommended
April 19- Security Clearance
Troop- 5

User avatar
Marunga
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:43 am

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Marunga » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:26 am

JDB2018 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:44 am
scout_87 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:12 am
Fingers_crossed wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:14 pm
Got a email today that I got my security clearance. I am aware that everyone has a different timeline I just checking to see how long roughly people are waiting after clearance for the call.
How long did you security clearance take to receive? Mine was started beginning of December, and yes I know everyone’s timeline is different :)
Hello,

I've been waiting on security since August. My file was being reviewed by December 19th and I'm waiting on them to complete the process. Hopefully yours goes by quickly :)
I'm in the same boat. I've been waiting for my security clearance since August as well. I just recieved an email that my medical clearance went through. Some progress is better than no progress.
Troop 20: 2019/09/16

Fingers_crossed
Rookie Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Fingers_crossed » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 am

My security clearance process started at the beginning of November.

Fingers_crossed
Rookie Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Fingers_crossed » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:44 pm

Anyone at depot know if there are still sleeping quarters that you share a room? I read on the rcmp website “Cadets live at Depot in individual rooms” just curious if this is true. I read in the FAQ post that there are several different configurations, had this changed?

User avatar
Shawshank
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 3139
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Shawshank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:59 pm

Fingers_crossed wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:44 pm
Anyone at depot know if there are still sleeping quarters that you share a room? I read on the rcmp website “Cadets live at Depot in individual rooms” just curious if this is true. I read in the FAQ post that there are several different configurations, had this changed?
You get three 3/4 walls and a curtain.
K division.

Fingers_crossed
Rookie Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Fingers_crossed » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:49 pm

Another question that I can’t seem to find a answer for. After you get you troop offer do you still go into your local detachment and sign papers? On the making a Mountie video they went in and signed and took pictures. Does this still happen?

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 7858
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:18 pm

John014 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:16 am
Mtlgirl wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:54 pm
I am currently hold a reliability status security clearance. Could this possibly accelerate my process?
Nope won't make any difference in time line.
:thumbsup:
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC & NPF supporter
Husband, Dad, F-I-L, & Grampa

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 7858
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:21 pm

Shawshank wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:59 pm
Fingers_crossed wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:44 pm
Anyone at depot know if there are still sleeping quarters that you share a room? I read on the rcmp website “Cadets live at Depot in individual rooms” just curious if this is true. I read in the FAQ post that there are several different configurations, had this changed?
You get three 3/4 walls and a curtain.
Any Cadets, or recent reje...grads, chime in, but, do the lucky ones drawing the short straws not get VIP accomodations in D Block, like my Joe and the rest of Troop 21 2006 / 2007 did? Yes, I did give him a rough time - why would you even have to ask?!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC & NPF supporter
Husband, Dad, F-I-L, & Grampa

MRKB
Regular Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 9:28 am

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby MRKB » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:02 am

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:21 pm
Shawshank wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:59 pm
Fingers_crossed wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:44 pm
Anyone at depot know if there are still sleeping quarters that you share a room? I read on the rcmp website “Cadets live at Depot in individual rooms” just curious if this is true. I read in the FAQ post that there are several different configurations, had this changed?
You get three 3/4 walls and a curtain.
Any Cadets, or recent reje...grads, chime in, but, do the lucky ones drawing the short straws not get VIP accomodations in D Block, like my Joe and the rest of Troop 21 2006 / 2007 did? Yes, I did give him a rough time - why would you even have to ask?!
I only know of 1 cadet that went into D block. She cut bait and decided to quit and they couldn't get her a flight to the middle of nowhere for a few days. Only place to stick her as she couldn't stay in the dorm. Haven't heard of any other cadets in there.

Mike
Police Officer

User avatar
John014
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Canada

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby John014 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:37 am

Fingers_crossed wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:49 pm
Another question that I can’t seem to find a answer for. After you get you troop offer do you still go into your local detachment and sign papers? On the making a Mountie video they went in and signed and took pictures. Does this still happen?
IF you pass Depot and are accepted into a position as a Constable then you will attend YOUR new detachment and sign MANY documents. This will be done with your trainer. You will also take pictures. These pictures will likely be posted somewhere or maybe to an internal website. Try not to gain weight as it is a past time of mine to look at detachment photos and notice how fast the new recruits become fat tubs of lard.
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

"We aren't putting fuckin pickles on burgers here" - Sgt. S.
Police Officer


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests