RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Pardeep Bir
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pardeep Bir » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:05 pm

TaraLeigh wrote:
Pardeep Bir wrote:
TaraLeigh wrote:Got the email regarding my RMAQ interview yest morning. Nine months since
Initial application and six months since my SP was submit. That email telling me 1-2 weeks till phone interview couldn't have thrilled me more!

Wow, I am still waiting for my email for the RMAQ, 6 months, long wait but good luck keep us posted, are you a BC applicant?

I am a BC applicant. Phone interview is scheduled for next week. My fingers are crossed that the remainder of the process moves along rapidly.

Awesome, I am also a BC applicant, best of luck please keep us posted. :alright:
TROOP 34 1/28/19

bomc
Rookie Member

Postby bomc » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:14 pm

alexmontreal wrote:
bomc wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the final suitability review is the review of your entire applicant file (from the beginning) including a part of the BGI. Normally when the final suitability is done, they then work on the issuance of the security clearance.

But wouldn't they defer you before since you disclosed everything already? I would think the SC would be the next most important part, but then again I don't know everything!

I guess this is why it's a review, another reviewer could see something the other ones did not see...and then make a decision based on that.
QC
Reinsert/SP : 16-5
RMAQ :16-6
PEP : 16-8
SLE : 16-9 (ECB)
PEP REC : 16-11
BGI : 16-11 / 16-12
Med/Psych : 16-12
Med/Psych REC : 16-12
FR : 17-01/17-03
Cond.offer Troop #3 - declined : 17-03-08
SC : 17-3-30...offer
Troop #5 - May 8th

alexmontreal
Rookie Member

Postby alexmontreal » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:06 pm

bomc wrote:
alexmontreal wrote:
bomc wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the final suitability review is the review of your entire applicant file (from the beginning) including a part of the BGI. Normally when the final suitability is done, they then work on the issuance of the security clearance.

But wouldn't they defer you before since you disclosed everything already? I would think the SC would be the next most important part, but then again I don't know everything!

I guess this is why it's a review, another reviewer could see something the other ones did not see...and then make a decision based on that.

That would make sense, Thanks!

modi13
Rookie Member

Postby modi13 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:56 pm

I know an NCO who said the new clause about applicants from the western provinces being posted to their home provinces isn't really being honoured because of "operational requirements". Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 pm

modi13 wrote:I know an NCO who said the new clause about applicants from the western provinces being posted to their home provinces isn't really being honoured because of "operational requirements". Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

At the end of the day, if they need to fill a certain amount of people in a certain place at a given time, and all recruits are requesting different places, they can only do so much. I'm sure they honour it 95 percent of the time, if not more. But there will probably be situations from time to time where they can't honour it.
Border Services Officer

ParkPlace6
Rookie Member

Postby ParkPlace6 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:14 pm

modi13 wrote:I know an NCO who said the new clause about applicants from the western provinces being posted to their home provinces isn't really being honoured because of "operational requirements". Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Maybe, maybe not. I lived in both B.C and Alberta for a while. I have friends in the force in both those provinces that say they are still needing lots of bodies out there. I had to move back to Ontario 6 months ago to help with a family crisis. I applied in Alberta with the hopes of staying out west. I am now considered an Ontario applicant, but am still hoping to join the RCMP in B.C if/after Depot. That all said, I know i agreed to be sent anywhere in Canada. The RCMP have the final say whether or not there is some sort of agreement of possible going back to a home province. None of us know where the operational needs will be in the future year. There could be a looming crisis on the horizon that our superiors know about that we don't; maybe there is a mass transfer happening from one province to another, a number of members retiring in a certain province, certain skilled individuals needed elsewhere causing a vacuum somewhere else, or who knows.

I know guys who did not get the post they wanted right off the bat, but were thankful they did get that post because of what they learned. Furthermore I know guys who got the post they wanted and it wasn't what they though it would be. And in both cases they got transfers years later and are all happy with with their careers in the the RCMP and greatly encouraged me to apply; which I did. Do I hope to get my dream post right out of Depot? We all do. But could I end up in Churchill, Three Hills or some plane access only N.W.T post; yup. And I look forward to it all. Well, except Three Hills. Lived there, not a fan.

Whether or not that NCO has the right information, from those I know in the RCMP, and from what I have read on these forums, those going to depot can end up anywhere after.

Jason6191
Rookie Member

Postby Jason6191 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:38 am

Hi i am new to this forum, i applied in January 2017, and haven't heard anything back as of yet. I was just wondering whats the average time until they contact you to do the selection package, and when they do is it by email or do they call you. I am an Ontario applicant.
Sorry if this had already been asked already, just trying to put my mind at ease a little.

llawnoics
Rookie Member

Postby llawnoics » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:03 am

Jason6191 wrote:Hi i am new to this forum, i applied in January 2017, and haven't heard anything back as of yet. I was just wondering whats the average time until they contact you to do the selection package, and when they do is it by email or do they call you. I am an Ontario applicant.
Sorry if this had already been asked already, just trying to put my mind at ease a little.

Some of us have waited a week, others 4 months. Hang tight and try not to think about the process too much. It's a long but exciting road
Online App: 12/2018
SP:
RMAQ:
PEP:
PEP Rec:
Med:
Psych:
Med/Psych Rec:
BGI Rec:
FS Rev:
SC:
Troop:

bomc
Rookie Member

Postby bomc » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:34 pm

llawnoics wrote:
Jason6191 wrote:Hi i am new to this forum, i applied in January 2017, and haven't heard anything back as of yet. I was just wondering whats the average time until they contact you to do the selection package, and when they do is it by email or do they call you. I am an Ontario applicant.

Some of us have waited a week, others 4 months. Hang tight and try not to think about the process too much. It's a long but exciting road

You'll probably receive everything by email.
QC
Reinsert/SP : 16-5
RMAQ :16-6
PEP : 16-8
SLE : 16-9 (ECB)
PEP REC : 16-11
BGI : 16-11 / 16-12
Med/Psych : 16-12
Med/Psych REC : 16-12
FR : 17-01/17-03
Cond.offer Troop #3 - declined : 17-03-08
SC : 17-3-30...offer
Troop #5 - May 8th

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:27 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Toronto1985 wrote:

At the end of the day, if they need to fill a certain amount of people in a certain place at a given time, and all recruits are requesting different places, they can only do so much. I'm sure they honour it 95 percent of the time, if not more. But there will probably be situations from time to time where they can't honour it.

Every staffing action for almost any position in the RCMP will have a caveat that it's contingent upon operational needs of the RCMP and entirely at the discretion of the commissioner or his delegate, notwithstanding any prior assurances that may have been made.

This member represents both my opinion and attitude.
Listen well to him.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

LizC89
Rookie Member

Postby LizC89 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Hey there,
I'll be heading to Depot in two weeks and I was just reading through some of the posts on here saying that the Coopers Run has been dropped. Is that still the case?
Thanks,

JunkyardDog
Rookie Member

Postby JunkyardDog » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Hey everyone,

Just graduated and heading to my post tomorrow morning. Feels like yesterday I was active regularly on this forum. Good luck to you all, I had a blast at Depot. Met some really great people and made friends that will last a lifetime. Mr. Broccolo if you're reading this, it was a pleasure meeting you last week at the reg dinner, and thanks again for your involvement on this forum.

For all the applicants and those of you holding a golden ticket to Depot, when it gets tough out there (it will), grind it out, it'll all be worth it.

Take care,

JYD

ParkPlace6
Rookie Member

Postby ParkPlace6 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:15 pm

JunkyardDog wrote:Hey everyone,

Just graduated and heading to my post tomorrow morning. Feels like yesterday I was active regularly on this forum. Good luck to you all, I had a blast at Depot. Met some really great people and made friends that will last a lifetime. Mr. Broccolo if you're reading this, it was a pleasure meeting you last week at the reg dinner, and thanks again for your involvement on this forum.

For all the applicants and those of you holding a golden ticket to Depot, when it gets tough out there (it will), grind it out, it'll all be worth it.

Take care,

JYD

Congratulations! If you can say, where are you heading? Also, what is something you wish you knew before you went to Depot?

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:25 am

JunkyardDog wrote:Hey everyone,

Take care,

JYD

Good luck!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)