RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
miros
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby miros » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:27 am

SullyBrown wrote:
miros wrote:Hey SullyBrown,

Would you have a contact number for recruiting ? I have one that only asks to send an E-mail for an update.
Also I left a message on my FC's voice message, but then again I don't know if she's still my FC.

Total silence here !

Hey RCMP's general recruiting contact number is 1-877-726-7472. Each province also has an email contact that you can email them at. You can find the email address for each province at the link below.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/contact-a-recruiter

You really don't need me to tell you all this though. A simple Google search would have yielded this information for you in seconds.

Thank you !
Yes I do have this phone number, but it will not allow you to speak with an actual person. All you can do is send an E-mail to recruiting.
I thought you might have a different number.
Thank you for the info though
RPAB - 14/11
RMAQ - 16/7
RMSI - 16/3
PARE - 3:52 - 16/5
PEP - 16/9/6
PEP REC - 17/1/18
PSYCH - 17/1/25
MED - 17/1/25
PSYCH CLEARED - 17/3/15
MED CLEARED - 17/3/15
BGI - 17/3/15
SC - 17/3/27
Troop #4 - 17/5/1

SullyBrown
Rookie Member

Postby SullyBrown » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:35 am

miros wrote:Thank you !
Yes I do have this phone number, but it will not allow you to speak with an actual person. All you can do is send an E-mail to recruiting.
I thought you might have a different number.
Thank you for the info though

If you call any detachment, they can actually provide you with a phone number that allows you to speak with someone from recruiting.

SullyGT
Rookie Member

Postby SullyGT » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:22 am

Received an email on Sunday morning from my FC, letting me know that my file was sent for PEP review. He said he expects to be initializing my medical and BGI by the end of the month. Just under 3 weeks since my poly.
BC

APP: 2016-04-26
RPAB: 2016-06-06
SP: 2016-07-08
RMAQ: 2016-09-19
PEP: 2016-11-14
PEP REC: 2016-12-15
BGI: 2017-01
MED: 2017-01-13
PSYCH: 2017-01-03
MED REC: 2017-01-19
FS: 2017-02
SC: 2017-03-07 --> 03-23
Troop #3 April 24 [offered 2017-03-08]

miros
Rookie Member

Postby miros » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:25 am

SullyGT wrote:Received an email on Sunday morning from my FC, letting me know that my file was sent for PEP review. He said he expects to be initializing my medical and BGI by the end of the month. Just under 3 weeks since my poly.

That is amazing news SullyGT.
That could only mean that you are moving forward. Also 3 weeks is such a fast process....
Week 13 + 2 days for me after my PEP , and the wait continues... :banghead:
RPAB - 14/11
RMAQ - 16/7
RMSI - 16/3
PARE - 3:52 - 16/5
PEP - 16/9/6
PEP REC - 17/1/18
PSYCH - 17/1/25
MED - 17/1/25
PSYCH CLEARED - 17/3/15
MED CLEARED - 17/3/15
BGI - 17/3/15
SC - 17/3/27
Troop #4 - 17/5/1

TED3
Rookie Member

Postby TED3 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:01 am

miros wrote:
SullyGT wrote:Received an email on Sunday morning from my FC, letting me know that my file was sent for PEP review. He said he expects to be initializing my medical and BGI by the end of the month. Just under 3 weeks since my poly.

That could only mean that you are moving forward. Also 3 weeks is such a fast process....

Congrats SullyGT, hope you hear back soon!

Miros, week 14 after PEP for me, cannot even get a reply or confirmation that it was ever received let alone sent for review. Patience...

Silvaticus

Postby Silvaticus » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:10 am

Maybe some of the long time members who cruise the forum might be able to answer this. There's been a little media buzz about RCMP staff shortages in the last couple of days. It's nothing new, some of us who who've been paying attention have known this for a long time. With enough public pressure, political support and a budget to fit, would you ever see something like two troops per week at Depot? Is that even feasible? Is there even enough recruits applying to make that a possibility?
RCMP SK APP
Online App 16/05/2019
S/P Sent 06/06/2019
RMAQ 09/10/2019
RFI 16/10/2019
BGI 28/10/2019
PEP 26/11/2019
PEP Rec 02/12/2019
Med/Psych 29/01/2020
Med Cleared 05/02/2020
Sec start 05/02/2020

Rasabeth2
Rookie Member

Postby Rasabeth2 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:00 am

Silvaticus wrote:Maybe some of the long time members who cruise the forum might be able to answer this. There's been a little media buzz about RCMP staff shortages in the last couple of days. It's nothing new, some of us who who've been paying attention have known this for a long time. With enough public pressure, political support and a budget to fit, would you ever see something like two troops per week at Depot? Is that even feasible? Is there even enough recruits applying to make that a possibility?

In 2008-2009 they had 56 troops per year. Some weeks had two troops starting
Online app: May 16, 2016
SP Sent june 10, 2016
RMAQ: June 27, 2016
PEP: Aug 11, 2016
PEP Rec: Oct 31, 2016
SLE: Sept 13, 2016 (E-C-C)
MED &PSYC:Nov 3, 2016
Med Clearance: Nov 27, 2016
BGI: Nov 27, 2016
SC: On going
TROOP: 32... Graduated Aug 28, 2017

Meangreen
Rookie Member

Postby Meangreen » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Received some strange and terrible news today. After waiting 4 weeks for my polygraph results, I was told that I had been deferred. The letter indicated that I apparently used counter measures during the polygraph examination.

I honestly have no idea how they came to this conclusion. I was completely honest and open. The polygraph examiner did mention that my breathing was off during parts the examination, but I didn't think much of it. This is honestly saddening.

I was told I can re-apply May of 2021. It also mentions that I can appeal this at the Federal Court (Trial Division) or the Canadian Human Rights Commission. I am not sure what it would entail for me to appeal.

I really have no idea what to do with this. What else can an applicant do than just be open and honest during the polygraph?

Any advice anyone can shed is appreciated.

Silvaticus

Postby Silvaticus » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:33 pm

Meangreen wrote:Received some strange and terrible news today. After waiting 4 weeks for my polygraph results, I was told that I had been deferred. The letter indicated that I apparently used counter measures during the polygraph examination.

I honestly have no idea how they came to this conclusion. I was completely honest and open. The polygraph examiner did mention that my breathing was off during parts the examination, but I didn't think much of it. This is honestly saddening.

I was told I can re-apply May of 2021. It also mentions that I can appeal this at the Federal Court (Trial Division) or the Canadian Human Rights Commission. I am not sure what it would entail for me to appeal.

I really have no idea what to do with this. What else can an applicant do than just be open and honest during the polygraph?

Any advice anyone can shed is appreciated.

That sounds pretty brutal, and a 5 year deferral. I don't like the polygraph, it was not a fun experience, I felt like I was putting my possible career into the hands of a machine. That said, the Polygraph examiners are highly trained and there a few things I learned about the polygraph while there that I did not even know about. My first time I kept wiggling my toes absent mindedly, I was a nervous, but he pointed it out and warned me that it could make for an inconclusive reading (it measures your bloody toes?!). Breathing was another thing. I constantly had to remind myself to breathe normally as I tend to control my breathing when I'm nervous.

Why wouldn't you appeal? If you know that you were honest and straight forward and produced all the skeletons in your closet, go for it. Worst they can do is deny your appeal. Best case scenario they might get you to do another polygraph and maybe you pass.
RCMP SK APP
Online App 16/05/2019
S/P Sent 06/06/2019
RMAQ 09/10/2019
RFI 16/10/2019
BGI 28/10/2019
PEP 26/11/2019
PEP Rec 02/12/2019
Med/Psych 29/01/2020
Med Cleared 05/02/2020
Sec start 05/02/2020

stribor45
Rookie Member

Postby stribor45 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:49 pm

It must feel terrible after you got that deferral.
I am not sure how I would handle poly if I ever get to that. I would definitely have my bp and heart beat going thought the roof. I am not sure how anyone can handle this without going trough some body change.
How do they know if applicant heart beat is going 130 bpm because he is lying or becaus he is nervous and anxious. Hopefully if I get there I won't pass out :)

Meangreen
Rookie Member

Postby Meangreen » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:07 pm

Silvaticus wrote:That sounds pretty brutal, and a 5 year deferral. I don't like the polygraph, it was not a fun experience, I felt like I was putting my possible career into the hands of a machine. That said, the Polygraph examiners are highly trained and there a few things I learned about the polygraph while there that I did not even know about. My first time I kept wiggling my toes absent mindedly, I was a nervous, but he pointed it out and warned me that it could make for an inconclusive reading (it measures your bloody toes?!). Breathing was another thing. I constantly had to remind myself to breathe normally as I tend to control my breathing when I'm nervous.

Why wouldn't you appeal? If you know that you were honest and straight forward and produced all the skeletons in your closet, go for it. Worst they can do is deny your appeal. Best case scenario they might get you to do another polygraph and maybe you pass.

I don't know what to do at this point. I was completely open and honest.

How else can an applicant have a successful polygraph other than just being open and honest. Do they really expect applicants to remain completely calm and breath normally when they're being questioned/interrogated, or if they're speaking about topics they've never disclosed to anyone.

Based on the letter, I can appeal the decision in Federal Court (Trial Division) or with the Committee of Human Rights Commission. Does this mean I have to take RCMP to court?

Really need some clarification on this.

stribor45
Rookie Member

Postby stribor45 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Meangreen wrote:
Silvaticus wrote:That sounds pretty brutal, and a 5 year deferral. I don't like the polygraph, it was not a fun experience, I felt like I was putting my possible career into the hands of a machine. That said, the Polygraph examiners are highly trained and there a few things I learned about the polygraph while there that I did not even know about. My first time I kept wiggling my toes absent mindedly, I was a nervous, but he pointed it out and warned me that it could make for an inconclusive reading (it measures your bloody toes?!). Breathing was another thing. I constantly had to remind myself to breathe normally as I tend to control my breathing when I'm nervous.

How else can an applicant have a successful polygraph other than just being open and honest. Do they really expect applicants to remain completely calm and breath normally when they're being questioned/interrogated, or if they're speaking about topics they've never disclosed to anyone.

Based on the letter, I can appeal the decision in Federal Court (Trial Division) or with the Committee of Human Rights Commission. Does this mean I have to take RCMP to court?

Can you apply to other police force when you get deferral ?

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:45 pm

Meangreen wrote:

It sounds like you have 2 options for appealing.

I personally think your best bet is to contact your FC and get some info from them. I am sure they can guide you on how exactly the appeal process works and what exactly you need to do in order to nitiate it, etc etc.
Border Services Officer

gomountiego
Rookie Member

Postby gomountiego » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:59 pm

miros wrote:

A friend of mine applied in Jan this year, and just finished his RMAQ phone interview a month(Nov) ago and nothing happened since
BC
07.23: Selection Package Sent
09.07: RMAQ Call
11.05: Polygraph
2017:
01.09:Poly Recommended
01.17:BGI
01.20:MMPI-2/Psych
01.27:Doctor Apmt
02.08:Medical Clearance
02.14:Final Suitability
02.23:Troop Offer (#1)
03.03:Security Clearance Issued

Code44
Veteran Member

Postby Code44 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:18 pm

stribor45 wrote:
Meangreen wrote:

Can you apply to other police force when you get deferral ?

Yes.
:wave: