RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
hs1234
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby hs1234 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:37 pm

Does anyone know what the gym is like at depot? The one we use after class (not during fitness class). Although, they may be the same.

BluePanda
Rookie Member

Postby BluePanda » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi Guys,

First time posting a comment. I know that they contact you via phone when they make you a troop offer. I was just wondering from those of you who were contacted regarding their suitability review, Did you receive further instructions via e-post or did they send the instructions to your email?

Also those who unfortunately were deferred, were you deferred via e-post as well?

Sorry if its a redundant question.

Depot Web
Rookie Member
Location: RCMP Academy, "Depot" Division, Regina, Saskatchewan

Postby Depot Web » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:27 pm

hs1234 wrote:Does anyone know what the gym is like at depot? The one we use after class (not during fitness class). Although, they may be the same.

The weight room is fully equipped with free weights, machines and cardio equipment. Cadets have full access unless it is needed for a class.

Other indoor facilities include a gymnasium, defensive tactics gym, running track and pool. The PARE course is always set up in the gym and we have almost all the sports equipment you could ask for.

For outdoor facilities, we have a ball diamond, soccer field, running track, obstacle course, basketball half court, volleyball court and rink. We are also next to the city-wide path system for longer runs or bike rides.
David Calam
RCMP "Depot" Division

TED3
Rookie Member

Postby TED3 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:50 pm

Depot Web wrote:
hs1234 wrote:Does anyone know what the gym is like at depot? The one we use after class (not during fitness class). Although, they may be the same.

The weight room is fully equipped with free weights, machines and cardio equipment. Cadets have full access unless it is needed for a class.

Other indoor facilities include a gymnasium, defensive tactics gym, running track and pool. The PARE course is always set up in the gym and we have almost all the sports equipment you could ask for.

For outdoor facilities, we have a ball diamond, soccer field, running track, obstacle course, basketball half court, volleyball court and rink. We are also next to the city-wide path system for longer runs or bike rides.

A few follow up questions with this:
During the training at Depot, are the running benchmarks (5k, 8.1k...) done indoor or outdoor and does this change depending on the season in which the training is completed?

How big of a part does swimming/pool have in training, is it required or just for extra curricular?

Lastly, are their bikes available to borrow or rent at Depot or are cadets responsible for bringing their own if they want to use the path system for bike rides?

Thanks

Depot Web
Rookie Member
Location: RCMP Academy, "Depot" Division, Regina, Saskatchewan

Postby Depot Web » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:00 pm

TED3 wrote:During the training at Depot, are the running benchmarks (5k, 8.1k...) done indoor or outdoor and does this change depending on the season in which the training is completed?

Timed runs are done outdoors. Running moves indoors once the temperature drops below -20 C.
How big of a part does swimming/pool have in training, is it required or just for extra curricular?

There are a couple of classes in the pool, but they are more to familiarize cadetswith the water. Weaker swimmers can stay in the shallow end. The pool is available after hours, but you must have a partner.
Lastly, are their bikes available to borrow or rent at Depot or are cadets responsible for bringing their own if they want to use the path system for bike rides?

Cadets can borrow bikes in the summer. I recommend bringing your own helmet if you plan on riding frequently.
David Calam
RCMP "Depot" Division

stribor45
Rookie Member

Postby stribor45 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi
If you have regrets that you would like to express while filling RMAQ questionnaires would you write it down in the form or would you do it during the phone interview before PEP or during the PEP?

Once you send SP how do you know if they liked your application or not?

Thanks

edyman
Rookie Member

Postby edyman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:20 pm

stribor45 wrote:Hi
If you have regrets that you would like to express while filling RMAQ questionnaires would you write it down in the form or would you do it during the phone interview before PEP or during the PEP?

Thanks

You write everything down on the form, write down the location, date, reason & brief explanation. They might ask you to expand on it during the phone interview.

miros
Rookie Member

Postby miros » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Hey SullyBrown,

Would you have a contact number for recruiting ? I have one that only asks to send an E-mail for an update.
Also I left a message on my FC's voice message, but then again I don't know if she's still my FC.

Total silence here !
RPAB - 14/11
RMAQ - 16/7
RMSI - 16/3
PARE - 3:52 - 16/5
PEP - 16/9/6
PEP REC - 17/1/18
PSYCH - 17/1/25
MED - 17/1/25
PSYCH CLEARED - 17/3/15
MED CLEARED - 17/3/15
BGI - 17/3/15
SC - 17/3/27
Troop #4 - 17/5/1

SullyBrown
Rookie Member

Postby SullyBrown » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:07 pm

miros wrote:Hey SullyBrown,

Would you have a contact number for recruiting ? I have one that only asks to send an E-mail for an update.
Also I left a message on my FC's voice message, but then again I don't know if she's still my FC.

Total silence here !

Hey RCMP's general recruiting contact number is 1-877-726-7472. Each province also has an email contact that you can email them at. You can find the email address for each province at the link below.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/contact-a-recruiter

You really don't need me to tell you all this though. A simple Google search would have yielded this information for you in seconds.

Gbpoa
Rookie Member

Postby Gbpoa » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:47 pm

I miss all the snappy Pete and Van Smacks banter. The post is very boring without it.

stribor45
Rookie Member

Postby stribor45 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:53 pm

edyman wrote:

Thanks

You write everything down on the form, write down the location, date, reason & brief explanation. They might ask you to expand on it during the phone interview.

Does everyone get phone interview?

gomountiego
Rookie Member

Postby gomountiego » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:34 pm

stribor45 wrote:
edyman wrote:

Thanks

Does everyone get phone interview?

If they don't have big issues with what you disclosed in RMAQ, you will get a phone call. Otherwise you will get deferred/file closed.
BC
07.23: Selection Package Sent
09.07: RMAQ Call
11.05: Polygraph
2017:
01.09:Poly Recommended
01.17:BGI
01.20:MMPI-2/Psych
01.27:Doctor Apmt
02.08:Medical Clearance
02.14:Final Suitability
02.23:Troop Offer (#1)
03.03:Security Clearance Issued

Silvaticus

Postby Silvaticus » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:58 am

Thanks

This is what I used to answer my questions on the RMAQ, it's from the RCMP website:

"For all past actions, some of the things we consider in determining suitability are:

How serious was it?
How often did you behave this way?
Under what circumstances, what was the situation, where this happened?
What was your intent?
Do you regret it?
How much time has passed since this behaviour occurred, or when the offence was committed?
How old were you at the time?
How have you behaved since that time, or since the time of the last incident?

No matter how well qualified, an individual who cannot be trusted to carry out his/her tasks honestly and reliably will not be hired.
"

I continued to submit things as I remembered them to my FC, even after my RMAQ interview. Having a revelation about how you were an idiot not too long ago and broke the law by going ludicrous speed down a highway (even though not getting caught), a week before your PEP interview is a sure fire way to get yourself deferred. I might be talking from personal experience. Do stupid things, win stupid prizes.
RCMP SK APP
Online App 16/05/2019
S/P Sent 06/06/2019
RMAQ 09/10/2019
RFI 16/10/2019
BGI 28/10/2019
PEP 26/11/2019
PEP Rec 02/12/2019
Med/Psych 29/01/2020
Med Cleared 05/02/2020
Sec start 05/02/2020

gomountiego
Rookie Member

Postby gomountiego » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:38 am

Silvaticus wrote:

Thanks

This is what I used to answer my questions on the RMAQ, it's from the RCMP website:

"For all past actions, some of the things we consider in determining suitability are:

How serious was it?
How often did you behave this way?
Under what circumstances, what was the situation, where this happened?
What was your intent?
Do you regret it?
How much time has passed since this behaviour occurred, or when the offence was committed?
How old were you at the time?
How have you behaved since that time, or since the time of the last incident?

No matter how well qualified, an individual who cannot be trusted to carry out his/her tasks honestly and reliably will not be hired.
"

I continued to submit things as I remembered them to my FC, even after my RMAQ interview. Having a revelation about how you were an idiot not too long ago and broke the law by going ludicrous speed down a highway (even though not getting caught), a week before your PEP interview is a sure fire way to get yourself deferred. I might be talking from personal experience. Do stupid things, win stupid prizes.

And sometimes the RMAQ phone interviewer and the PEP examiner add their own questions. :roll:
BC
07.23: Selection Package Sent
09.07: RMAQ Call
11.05: Polygraph
2017:
01.09:Poly Recommended
01.17:BGI
01.20:MMPI-2/Psych
01.27:Doctor Apmt
02.08:Medical Clearance
02.14:Final Suitability
02.23:Troop Offer (#1)