RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
dundas47
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:52 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby dundas47 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:32 pm

I completed my psych test middle of November, and received an email today saying that I have to retake the test again.
Has anyone else had this happen to them?

alexmontreal
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:34 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby alexmontreal » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Kernal33 wrote:
Dakota1995 wrote:
alexmontreal wrote:I hope everyone is doing well! Quick question??

I just finished my PEP a few hours ago, and I feel like it didn't go as planned.. Is it normal? Did everyone feel like this? The examiner asked me 3-4 times after I was unplugged if I had anything to say before I left and made it seem like I had something to say, which I didn't!! I had already said everything before the poly but I was still nervous. Everything took me just under 3.5 hours. Fingers crossed and I hope I can get a few responses to my question! Thanks in advance :)


Hey! The same thing happened to me, and i got emailed last week and told i was moving forward in the process. As long as you were honest you have nothing to worry about!


Thanks for the responses, finger crossed playing the waiting game again haha
I think it's normal, happened to me as well. All part of the process lol

alexmontreal
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:34 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby alexmontreal » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:33 pm

gomountiego wrote:
alexmontreal wrote:I hope everyone is doing well! Quick question??

I just finished my PEP a few hours ago, and I feel like it didn't go as planned.. Is it normal? Did everyone feel like this? The examiner asked me 3-4 times after I was unplugged if I had anything to say before I left and made it seem like I had something to say, which I didn't!! I had already said everything before the poly but I was still nervous. Everything took me just under 3.5 hours. Fingers crossed and I hope I can get a few responses to my question! Thanks in advance :)


were u super clean on the RMAQ? like no drugs, no thefts, no assault, no alcohol no thing?


Everyone has done something bad, just be honest

robi0556
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:55 pm
Location: NCR
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby robi0556 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:52 pm

dundas47 wrote:I completed my psych test middle of November, and received an email today saying that I have to retake the test again.
Has anyone else had this happen to them?


I personally don't have to take the test again, but I do have to go back and complete an addition 100 questions followed by an interview with the psychologist.

When I wrote my test, there was a guy writing with me in which was his second time completing the test. I'd assume it's normal, nothing to stress over.

Best of luck.

miros
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:43 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby miros » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:29 pm

12 weeks to the day after the PEP.
I never received an E-mail saying that the polygraph was under review, all I had was : "We will be in contact with you when we will have an update on your file"
Is anyone else waiting as long with no information what so ever ? PATIENCE
RPAB - 14/11
RMAQ - 16/7
RMSI - 16/3
PARE - 3:52 - 16/5
PEP - 16/9/6
PEP REC - 17/1/18
PSYCH - 17/1/25
MED - 17/1/25
PSYCH CLEARED - 17/3/15
MED CLEARED - 17/3/15
BGI - 17/3/15
SC - 17/3/27
Troop #4 - 17/5/1

SullyBrown
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:18 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby SullyBrown » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:39 pm

miros wrote:12 weeks to the day after the PEP.
I never received an E-mail saying that the polygraph was under review, all I had was : "We will be in contact with you when we will have an update on your file"
Is anyone else waiting as long with no information what so ever ? PATIENCE


Did my Polygraph on October 28th, received an email from my FC on November 19th explaining that my polygraph was received and that a polygraph review has been assigned to it. Mind you, I explicitly told my FC to let me know when she receives my polygraph.

You should give your FC a call. Most of the people on here are so afraid to call/contact their FC. You guys/girls should embrace the fact that you could be a valuable asset to the RCMP. You want an update, call your FC and get one. He/she doesn't answer/call you back for weeks, contact recruiting and the powers that be will make sure you get an update.

Don't let yourself be played with. They are very busy people, but that doesn't justify a complete lack of communication between FC and applicant.

miros
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:43 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby miros » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:45 pm

SullyBrown wrote:
miros wrote:12 weeks to the day after the PEP.
I never received an E-mail saying that the polygraph was under review, all I had was : "We will be in contact with you when we will have an update on your file"
Is anyone else waiting as long with no information what so ever ? PATIENCE


Did my Polygraph on October 28th, received an email from my FC on November 19th explaining that my polygraph was received and that a polygraph review has been assigned to it. Mind you, I explicitly told my FC to let me know when she receives my polygraph.

You should give your FC a call. Most of the people on here are so afraid to call/contact their FC. You guys/girls should embrace the fact that you could be a valuable asset to the RCMP. You want an update, call your FC and get one. He/she doesn't answer, contact recruiting and the powers that be will make sure you get an update.

Don't let yourself be played with. They are very busy people, but that doesn't justify a complete lack of communication between FC and applicant.


Thank you Sullybrown,

I actually just called and left a voice message to the last contact I had for my FC. The last E-mails I have been receiving did not have any name nor contact information on them, so I wouldn't be able to know if she is still my FC or not.
Hopefully someone will call me back to let me know about the status of my application. I know patience is key, but it's always nice to know in what portion of the process you are.
RPAB - 14/11
RMAQ - 16/7
RMSI - 16/3
PARE - 3:52 - 16/5
PEP - 16/9/6
PEP REC - 17/1/18
PSYCH - 17/1/25
MED - 17/1/25
PSYCH CLEARED - 17/3/15
MED CLEARED - 17/3/15
BGI - 17/3/15
SC - 17/3/27
Troop #4 - 17/5/1

SullyBrown
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:18 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby SullyBrown » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:59 pm

miros wrote:Thank you Sullybrown,

I actually just called and left a voice message to the last contact I had for my FC. The last E-mails I have been receiving did not have any name nor contact information on them, so I wouldn't be able to know if she is still my FC or not.
Hopefully someone will call me back to let me know about the status of my application. I know patience is key, but it's always nice to know in what portion of the process you are.


Patience is key, but I have also been told that FCs are instructed to have contact with their applicants at least once a month. If they are not fulfilling this part of their job, then you as an applicant have all the right to reach out to the powers that be requesting an update.

PTBC
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:25 pm
Location: Burnaby, BC
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby PTBC » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:09 pm

I received a conditional offer this morning for Jan 16, 2017.
Unfortunately I had to decline due to the fact that my Security Clearance is still ongoing.

I am thrilled and ecstatic that I'm so close to the end!! Just wasn't willing to leave my current employer on based on that condition.

Anyone else on the same boat?
BC APPLICANT

APPLICATION: May 18, 2016
SP: June 16, 2016
RMAQ: July 11, 2016
PEP: August 26, 2016
PEP REC: October 14, 2016
MED: October 31, 2016
PSYC: November 10, 2016
MED CLEARANCE : November 25, 2016
SC: December 20, 2016

Troop 29


miros
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:43 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby miros » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:10 pm

SullyBrown wrote:
miros wrote:Thank you Sullybrown,

I actually just called and left a voice message to the last contact I had for my FC. The last E-mails I have been receiving did not have any name nor contact information on them, so I wouldn't be able to know if she is still my FC or not.
Hopefully someone will call me back to let me know about the status of my application. I know patience is key, but it's always nice to know in what portion of the process you are.


Patience is key, but I have also been told that FCs are instructed to have contact with their applicants at least once a month. If they are not fulfilling this part of their job, then you as an applicant have all the right to reach out to the powers that be requesting an update.


You are absolutely correct !
RPAB - 14/11
RMAQ - 16/7
RMSI - 16/3
PARE - 3:52 - 16/5
PEP - 16/9/6
PEP REC - 17/1/18
PSYCH - 17/1/25
MED - 17/1/25
PSYCH CLEARED - 17/3/15
MED CLEARED - 17/3/15
BGI - 17/3/15
SC - 17/3/27
Troop #4 - 17/5/1

andy_7830
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:10 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby andy_7830 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi cperron89,

I am same like you. I didn't write my 3 part time jobs. The reasons are, 1st, the employer sold the business, 2nd one, I worked under the table but I declared it to canada revenue as additional income and the last one was I didn't resign. Those are with in 10years of my employment history plus my full time job. I didn't do anything bad my RMAQ are all no. I am so worried now and I don't know what to do. My plan is open it up when ask to me.

Andy
B. C. Applicant
SP sent: Oct 08, 2016
RMAQ interview: July 17, 2017
PEP: Oct 5, 2017
PEP passed: January 09, 2018
References checked: January 09, 2018
Psych test: Feb. 15, 2018
Med: Feb. 19, 2018
Psych interview: March 06, 2018

andy_7830
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:10 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby andy_7830 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:38 pm

Additionally, my previous full time employer changed names 3 times with in 4 years plus of employment and my current employer now changed name thrice for like 4 years of employment. I wrote the 1st name of the company on my previous one and current name of employer now on my current job. I came here under the live in caregiver program (work permit) 2006 from the philippines and my employer was 90 and 91 years old white canadian that time. I am community health worker now.

Andy
B. C. Applicant
SP sent: Oct 08, 2016
RMAQ interview: July 17, 2017
PEP: Oct 5, 2017
PEP passed: January 09, 2018
References checked: January 09, 2018
Psych test: Feb. 15, 2018
Med: Feb. 19, 2018
Psych interview: March 06, 2018

jacquevw
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby jacquevw » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:17 pm

PTBC wrote:I received a conditional offer this morning for Jan 16, 2017.
Unfortunately I had to decline due to the fact that my Security Clearance is still ongoing.

I am thrilled and ecstatic that I'm so close to the end!! Just wasn't willing to leave my current employer on based on that condition.

Anyone else on the same boat?


Awesome! I am still waiting for that phone call. Still waiting for the SC. My med cleared almost two weeks ago. Thought I would at least get a conditional offer by now.
BC Applicant
16/12/16: 1 Year deferral @ SC due to residency requirement of 7 years (6.5 isn’t good enough)
01/18 Online App.
02/18 AOR
02/18 SP Received
02/18 SP Submitted
06/18 RMAQ
08/18 PEP
10/18 SC started
10/18 Med Started
02/18 Med Rec
03/19 SC rec

Rasabeth2
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 12:29 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Rasabeth2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:51 pm

jacquevw wrote:
PTBC wrote:I received a conditional offer this morning for Jan 16, 2017.
Unfortunately I had to decline due to the fact that my Security Clearance is still ongoing.

I am thrilled and ecstatic that I'm so close to the end!! Just wasn't willing to leave my current employer on based on that condition.

Anyone else on the same boat?


Awesome! I am still waiting for that phone call. Still waiting for the SC. My med cleared almost two weeks ago. Thought I would at least get a conditional offer by now.



Same here, med cleared, all of my contacts have been contacted for my BGI, just waiting for the SC. Hope to have a conditional offer soon.

Were you offered that troop because the other two are full or because you needed a long notice?
Online app: May 16, 2016
SP Sent june 10, 2016
RMAQ: June 27, 2016
PEP: Aug 11, 2016
PEP Rec: Oct 31, 2016
SLE: Sept 13, 2016 (E-C-C)
MED &PSYC:Nov 3, 2016
Med Clearance: Nov 27, 2016
BGI: Nov 27, 2016
SC: On going
TROOP: 32... Graduated Aug 28, 2017

User avatar
flyingninja
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:38 am
Location: Quebec
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby flyingninja » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:07 pm

Rasabeth2 wrote:
jacquevw wrote:
PTBC wrote:I received a conditional offer this morning for Jan 16, 2017.
Unfortunately I had to decline due to the fact that my Security Clearance is still ongoing.

I am thrilled and ecstatic that I'm so close to the end!! Just wasn't willing to leave my current employer on based on that condition.

Anyone else on the same boat?


Awesome! I am still waiting for that phone call. Still waiting for the SC. My med cleared almost two weeks ago. Thought I would at least get a conditional offer by now.



Same here, med cleared, all of my contacts have been contacted for my BGI, just waiting for the SC. Hope to have a conditional offer soon.

Were you offered that troop because the other two are full or because you needed a long notice?


Im at the same point and hope to have an offer real soon!
QC
PARE: 2016-03 (3:51)
Reinsert: 2016-04
PEP: 16-08-15
SLE: 16-08-25 (B-C) , 16-09-02 (B)
PEP rec: 16-10-21
Med:16-11-15
Psy:16-11-15
Med rec: 16-11-17
BGI start: 16-11-19
SC: 17-01-14
Conditional offer 30 nov. : troop 27
"K" division


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 5pointoh, Boomboom72, Mich78, SC_07, Zepedder and 9 guests