RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
SullyBrown
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby SullyBrown » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:17 pm

alexmontreal wrote:I hope everyone is doing well! Quick question??

I just finished my PEP a few hours ago, and I feel like it didn't go as planned.. Is it normal? Did everyone feel like this? The examiner asked me 3-4 times after I was unplugged if I had anything to say before I left and made it seem like I had something to say, which I didn't!! I had already said everything before the poly but I was still nervous. Everything took me just under 3.5 hours. Fingers crossed and I hope I can get a few responses to my question! Thanks in advance :)

I felt the same way. I've heard that most people have that same experience with the polygraph so i'm not too worried. I did my polygraph on October 28th and it's currently under review by a polygraph reviewer.

Good luck!

alexmontreal
Rookie Member

Postby alexmontreal » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:18 pm

SullyBrown wrote:

I just finished my PEP a few hours ago, and I feel like it didn't go as planned.. Is it normal? Did everyone feel like this? The examiner asked me 3-4 times after I was unplugged if I had anything to say before I left and made it seem like I had something to say, which I didn't!! I had already said everything before the poly but I was still nervous. Everything took me just under 3.5 hours. Fingers crossed and I hope I can get a few responses to my question! Thanks in advance :)

I felt the same way. I've heard that most people have that same experience with the polygraph so i'm not too worried. I did my polygraph on October 28th and it's currently under review by a polygraph reviewer.

Good luck!

Thank you! I hope you make it as well!

Dakota1995
Rookie Member

Postby Dakota1995 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:47 pm

Hey! The same thing happened to me, and i got emailed last week and told i was moving forward in the process. As long as you were honest you have nothing to worry about!
Alberta Applicant

Reinsert: Aug 2018
Selection Package: Aug 2018
RMAQ- Nov 2018
PEP- Dec 2018
PEP Rec- Dec 2018
BGI- Jan 2019
Psych- Feb 2019
Med- Feb 2019
Med & Psych Rec- July 2019
SC- Oct 2019
Troop 34

Kernal33
Rookie Member

Postby Kernal33 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:54 pm

Dakota1995 wrote:

Hey! The same thing happened to me, and i got emailed last week and told i was moving forward in the process. As long as you were honest you have nothing to worry about!

I think it's normal, happened to me as well. All part of the process lol
E Div Constable

gomountiego
Rookie Member

Postby gomountiego » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:11 pm

were u super clean on the RMAQ? like no drugs, no thefts, no assault, no alcohol no thing?
BC
07.23: Selection Package Sent
09.07: RMAQ Call
11.05: Polygraph
2017:
01.09:Poly Recommended
01.17:BGI
01.20:MMPI-2/Psych
01.27:Doctor Apmt
02.08:Medical Clearance
02.14:Final Suitability
02.23:Troop Offer (#1)
03.03:Security Clearance Issued

The3wood
Rookie Member

Postby The3wood » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:44 pm

Silvaticus wrote:
northwestern wrote:
The3wood wrote:Hey everyone! I've just been reading up on the recent post and felt I had to chime in! I'm at Depot right now and I'm going into week 7. There's nothing easy about Depot, it's a different world than where you are now. Anyone who gets this far should think themselves lucky! You are a very expense investment to the RCMP. They will do everything to help you succeed but if you aren't willing to work your ass off 7 days a week for 26 weeks than your going to find yourselves in trouble! And you better be in shape when you get here. This isn't a place to come to get in shape. We have 6 ppl in our troop who ran the PARE in over 5 min. They are going to have a lot of trouble getting that down under 4 min I can tell you that. Be in shape, be positive, work hard, and work together as a troop and you'll do fine!

Blows my mind people go to depot out of shape. If your not working on your physical fitness before/during the application process that boggles my mind. Good luck the rest of the way at depot!

:twitch: Over 5 minutes to do the PARE...

Yup! It's hard to believe but true.
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

robi0556
Rookie Member

Postby robi0556 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:41 pm

Good Day All,

Received a call today, Psych Interview has been scheduled following my results of the Psych test, is this normal? From my understand 1 in 3 applicants get called in for an Interview. Anything I should expect, how how this works out?

Thanks in advanced.
Cheers,

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:26 pm

robi0556 wrote:Good Day All,

Received a call today, Psych Interview has been scheduled following my results of the Psych test, is this normal? From my understand 1 in 3 applicants get called in for an Interview. Anything I should expect, how how this works out?

Thanks in advanced.
Cheers,

You go, you speak with the psychologist. The offer you some cookies and milk. (Just make sure you don't take the oatmeal cookie with raisins. It shows poor judgment.) Then you leave. Then you go back to playing the waiting game.
K division.

robi0556
Rookie Member

Postby robi0556 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:34 pm

Shawshank wrote:
robi0556 wrote:

You go, you speak with the psychologist. The offer you some cookies and milk. (Just make sure you don't take the oatmeal cookie with raisins. It shows poor judgment.) Then you leave. Then you go back to playing the waiting game.

Automatically deferred if you take the oatmeal cookies with raisins I'd expect. LOL. Thanks for the insight, high expectations for choices on cookies. Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

abbyapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby abbyapplicant » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:53 pm

Had the same thing for mine as well :) left feeling like he knew something I didn't . Even though I knew I came clean about everything I kept second guessing myself .
RPAT 27/04/15
SP 12/05/15
RMAQ 26/06/15
PARE 13/08/15
RMSI 17/08/15
OA 19/05/16
SP 09/06/16
RMAQ 29/06/16
PEP 01/09/16
rec - 17/10/16
Med 31/10/16
Psych- 10/11/2016
Bgi 26/10/16
Med rec 25/11/16
Sc 12/28/16
Troop- 28

cperron89
Rookie Member

Postby cperron89 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:38 am

Good morning everyone,

I just sent in my selection package last week. Someone had told me that I was able to look into my employment records at Service Canada. I pulled all the ones that they had on file and there were a couple employments where I wasn't spot on or that I was off. Should I tell them or wait until they ask for a potential ROE>

Thanks in advance ! :shock:
Info Session: 2016-09
Online App: 2016-OCT-8
SP SENT: 2016-NOV-23
RMAQ Phone call:2017-JULY-11
PEP: 2017-OCT-13
PEP REVIEW CALL: 2017 - OCT - 25
PEP Rec:
Med:
Med Cleared:
BGI:
Troop:

bomc
Rookie Member

Postby bomc » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:42 am

cperron89 wrote:Good morning everyone,

I just sent in my selection package last week. Someone had told me that I was able to look into my employment records at Service Canada. I pulled all the ones that they had on file and there were a couple employments where I wasn't spot on or that I was off. Should I tell them or wait until they ask for a potential ROE>

Personnally i would advise them right now, so they can update the forms right now and you'll probably save a couple days in the further steps of the process (everyday counts) !!

My opinion !
QC
Reinsert/SP : 16-5
RMAQ :16-6
PEP : 16-8
SLE : 16-9 (ECB)
PEP REC : 16-11
BGI : 16-11 / 16-12
Med/Psych : 16-12
Med/Psych REC : 16-12
FR : 17-01/17-03
Cond.offer Troop #3 - declined : 17-03-08
SC : 17-3-30...offer
Troop #5 - May 8th

cperron89
Rookie Member

Postby cperron89 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:49 am

bomc wrote:
cperron89 wrote:Good morning everyone,

Personnally i would advise them right now, so they can update the forms right now and you'll probably save a couple days in the further steps of the process (everyday counts) !!

My opinion !

I'm just thinking because they don't want any spaces within the employment history so now I would basically have to re-write the whole employment aspect without leaving spaces because it would be out of sequence. Or do you think just individually giving them the correct time frame would be sufficient enough on epost message?
PEP Rec:
Med:
Med Cleared:
BGI:
Troop:

Silvaticus

Postby Silvaticus » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:57 am

cperron89 wrote:
I'm just thinking because they don't want any spaces within the employment history so now I would basically have to re-write the whole employment aspect without leaving spaces because it would be out of sequence. Or do you think just individually giving them the correct time frame would be sufficient enough on epost message?

Email your recruiter and ask them what they would need from you as you realized you made an error in your work history. That's why they are there, ask them how they want the new information submitted. Fessing up to it sooner looks like an error, having it discovered later looks like a cover up. This application process is all about honesty. My 2 cents.
RCMP SK APP
Online App 16/05/2019
S/P Sent 06/06/2019
RMAQ 09/10/2019
RFI 16/10/2019
BGI 28/10/2019
PEP 26/11/2019
PEP Rec 02/12/2019
Med/Psych 29/01/2020
Med Cleared 05/02/2020
Sec start 05/02/2020

cperron89
Rookie Member

Postby cperron89 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am

Silvaticus wrote:
cperron89 wrote:

Email your recruiter and ask them what they would need from you as you realized you made an error in your work history. That's why they are there, ask them how they want the new information submitted. Fessing up to it sooner looks like an error, having it discovered later looks like a cover up. This application process is all about honesty. My 2 cents.

I sent my FC in response to the employment history update and would she would like of me. I know that It's hard for me to get in contact with her however like you said I think this is the best way to see weather or not they would like it sooner then later.

Thank you for your advice.
PEP Rec:
Med:
Med Cleared:
BGI:
Troop: