RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
edyman
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby edyman » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:21 am

robi0556 wrote:Good Day All,

Completed my Psych on Wednesday. Now sit here patiently waiting for results. They've called most of my references. FC said she received my fields report back from my investigator and couldn't reach 1 of my employers. Now I have to sit and wait 2 weeks to receive my ROE and sent it to my FC. Hoping this doesn't delay my application process but hopefully it still moves forward until I receive my ROE.

Best of luck to all.

Can't you print your Record of Employment online? I forgot to list one job on my application, i just login using Service Canada website and downloaded my ROE as PDF and emailed it to my FC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/index.html?_ga ... 1480124975

Kernal33
Rookie Member

Postby Kernal33 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:25 am

abbyapplicant wrote:Some good news to start my weekend with! Got my med rec ! :)

Congrats! Looks like your a week and a half behind me!
E Div Constable

chiquinha
Rookie Member

Postby chiquinha » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:31 am

First week at Depot and loving it! So worth it! You guys keep working hard and be patient. When your time comes you will get the call and get here and have your mind blown away! The Depot experience is amazing!

:drinking:
Applied: Jun 12/15
RPAB: Sep 30/15
Selec pckg: Oct 22/15
RMAQ: Feb 15/16
RMSI: Apr 1/16
PEP: May 15/16
PEP Rec: Jun 21/16
FR: Jul 11/16
Med: Aug 13/16
Psyc: Jul 7/16
Med Rec: Sep 2/16
SR: Jul/16-Sep 27/16
Troop 22 (Nov 21st-May 29th) :alright:

Code44
Veteran Member

Postby Code44 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:42 am

chiquinha wrote:First week at Depot and loving it! So worth it! You guys keep working hard and be patient. When your time comes you will get the call and get here and have your mind blown away! The Depot experience is amazing!

You are enjoying it far too much..give it a month or 2..but good for you if you keep it up through the 6 months. Good luck to all applicants on here
:wave:

gomountiego
Rookie Member

Postby gomountiego » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:57 am

chiquinha wrote:First week at Depot and loving it! So worth it! You guys keep working hard and be patient. When your time comes you will get the call and get here and have your mind blown away! The Depot experience is amazing!

pls don't forget to share your pepper spray experience with us 8)
BC
07.23: Selection Package Sent
09.07: RMAQ Call
11.05: Polygraph
2017:
01.09:Poly Recommended
01.17:BGI
01.20:MMPI-2/Psych
01.27:Doctor Apmt
02.08:Medical Clearance
02.14:Final Suitability
02.23:Troop Offer (#1)
03.03:Security Clearance Issued

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:02 am

edyman wrote:

Completed my Psych on Wednesday. Now sit here patiently waiting for results. They've called most of my references. FC said she received my fields report back from my investigator and couldn't reach 1 of my employers. Now I have to sit and wait 2 weeks to receive my ROE and sent it to my FC. Hoping this doesn't delay my application process but hopefully it still moves forward until I receive my ROE.

Best of luck to all.

Can't you print your Record of Employment online? I forgot to list one job on my application, i just login using Service Canada website and downloaded my ROE as PDF and emailed it to my FC.

Depends on how old it is. Not all are electronic.
K division.

raju434242
Rookie Member

Postby raju434242 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Good Afternoon from Ontario folks, references are being contacted! Nearing the end!!
ON
2016 March 3rd- Reinsertion Approval
2016 March 23rd- Selection Package recieved/reviewed
2016 April 20th- RMAQ
2016 Jun 7- PEP
2016-Aug 5th- PEPREC
2016-Oct 27- Psych
2016-Nov 16- Med
2016- Nov 22- Med Cle
2016-Nov 30- Field investigation completed

Mike_Vicapp
Rookie Member

Postby Mike_Vicapp » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:00 pm

edyman wrote:

Best of luck to all.

If you forget to list a job, do they let you know you have to submit the ROE or did you realize you forgot and mentioned it too them? Just wondering because I thought if you left a job off your application they just deffer you automatically.

SullyBrown
Rookie Member

Postby SullyBrown » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:02 pm

I seem to have linked my cellphone number to my ePost account when I registered it to submit my selection package back in September. I got a text today saying I had a message waiting for me on my ePost and almost had a heart attack lol. To my knowledge the only reason RCMP will communicate with an applicant through ePost after they have submitted all their documents, is if they are issuing the applicant a deferral. You can understand why this caused the reaction it did.

Luckily when I checked, it was just a marketing email/message from ePost about some sort of promotion. So don't panic if you get this same text/notification. First check to see what it is before assuming.

northwestern
Rookie Member

Postby northwestern » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:42 pm

What generally seems to be the turn around after rmaq for pep?
Applied: 2016-07-11
RPAB: 2016-08-06
SP: 2016-08-15
RMAQ: 2016-12-07
PEP: 2017-04-28
PEP Follow Up: 2017-05-14
PEP Follow Up #2: 2017-06-09
PEP REC:
BG:
PSYCH:
MED:
SUIT:
SC:
TROOP:

HTO_SK
Rookie Member

Postby HTO_SK » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:00 pm

SullyBrown wrote:I seem to have linked my cellphone number to my ePost account when I registered it to submit my selection package back in September. I got a text today saying I had a message waiting for me on my ePost and almost had a heart attack lol. To my knowledge the only reason RCMP will communicate with an applicant through ePost after they have submitted all their documents, is if they are issuing the applicant a deferral. You can understand why this caused the reaction it did.

Luckily when I checked, it was just a marketing email/message from ePost about some sort of promotion. So don't panic if you get this same text/notification. First check to see what it is before assuming.

I also received that ePost text today.. I was very nervous loading up that website to check the message lol I've been waiting on my PEP Rec for 8 weeks and a few days now.. certainly feels like an eternity. With some ppl on here saying they've been waiting 12 or 14 weeks I don't think I'll be hearing soon. Hopefully before Xmas.. that'd be a nice early present lol
Online App: ?
SP: ?
RMAQ: ?
PEP: Sept 29, 2016
PEP REC: ?
PSYC: ?
MED: ?
BGI: ?
SC: ?
TROOP: ?

modi13
Rookie Member

Postby modi13 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Last edited by modi13 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The3wood
Rookie Member

Postby The3wood » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:24 pm

azims wrote:
mack_silent wrote:The stories I've read and heard about RCMP Depot have been very positive:
RCMP depot involves alot of positive encouragement and comraderie from fellow troops and training staff to help cadets succeed.
If you get to Depot, it means they've spent alot of resources on you and want you to do your best during the 6 months of training and your future career.

'Heaving heard stories' is different then someone who has actually been there. Facilitators are great and very knowledgeable, your troop mates are helpful however, don't expect any leniency or relaxation of rules while you are there only because they have invested so much in you and all that. I have seen cadets (not heard stories) being terminated over trivial things which would sometimes make you go hmm it wasn't that bad/serious.
Depot keeps it simple. If you fail a test or a scenario, you get a second chance after some learning assistance and if you are having some serious back luck and fail again then you are either getting back trooped or sent home in. I can go on and on and mention several termination/back-trooped stories while I was there (not second or thirdhand information) that would in the end prove that getting to Depot doesn't mean that you are in. You need to work your way through it to actually get hired. Now I am not here to scare or discourage applicants in any way. I am just reminding you guys not to become complacent. Don't go to Depot with a mindset that oh since RCMP needs bodies, it won't get rid of you or let you slip through the cracks only because it has invested so much time and money on you.

Hey everyone! I've just been reading up on the recent post and felt I had to chime in! I'm at Depot right now and I'm going into week 7. There's nothing easy about Depot, it's a different world than where you are now. Anyone who gets this far should think themselves lucky! You are a very expense investment to the RCMP. They will do everything to help you succeed but if you aren't willing to work your ass off 7 days a week for 26 weeks than your going to find yourselves in trouble! And you better be in shape when you get here. This isn't a place to come to get in shape. We have 6 ppl in our troop who ran the PARE in over 5 min. They are going to have a lot of trouble getting that down under 4 min I can tell you that. Be in shape, be positive, work hard, and work together as a troop and you'll do fine!
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:45 pm

Depot is not that hard so long as you can figure out time and stress management. You need help? Ask and you'll get it. Some weeks are a little rougher than others but still not that bad.
K division.

gomountiego
Rookie Member

Postby gomountiego » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:53 am

hello everyone. thank you in advance for reading my thread.

I was asked to have a mini phone interview after the PEP. I remember someone mentioned about his/her "pep follow up" experience. I wonder if my mini phone interview after the PEP and the so called "pep follow up" are the same thing?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you once again everyone :D
BC
07.23: Selection Package Sent
09.07: RMAQ Call
11.05: Polygraph
2017:
01.09:Poly Recommended
01.17:BGI
01.20:MMPI-2/Psych
01.27:Doctor Apmt
02.08:Medical Clearance
02.14:Final Suitability