RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
The3wood
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby The3wood » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:48 am

MIN wrote:Hi,

I have been following this forums for a while, I couldnt find the answer for my question so I am going to ask.

when you go for training, is it okay to take some inhaler ? ( I dont have asthma, it just helps to run better and not get any cramp)
would it be okay any medication(not necessary for health issues) or pre-work out or anything like this? or they dont let you take something like this ?

If your not prescribed an inhaler you probably shouldn't be using it! And if you want to run better maybe you should run more and build up your cardio!
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

MIN
Rookie Member

Postby MIN » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:51 pm

The3wood wrote:

I have been following this forums for a while, I couldnt find the answer for my question so I am going to ask.

when you go for training, is it okay to take some inhaler ? ( I dont have asthma, it just helps to run better and not get any cramp)
would it be okay any medication(not necessary for health issues) or pre-work out or anything like this? or they dont let you take something like this ?

If your not prescribed an inhaler you probably shouldn't be using it! And if you want to run better maybe you should run more and build up your cardio!

Thank you very much for you respond, but this is not an answer I am looking for.
Thanks for sharing your concern.

The3wood
Rookie Member

Postby The3wood » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:55 pm

MIN wrote:
The3wood wrote:

Thank you very much for you respond, but this is not an answer I am looking for.

Lol! I don't think your going to get the answer your looking for. Good luck with it though!
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

azims
Veteran Member

Postby azims » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:12 pm

you are using inhaler just for performance enhancement even though you don't have a medical condition? weird !!... At Depot you can take supplements like protein shakes and all but thats all you should be taking.

Jessew
Rookie Member

Postby Jessew » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:56 pm

MIN wrote:
The3wood wrote:

As far as I'm aware all inhalants are doctor prescribed, and if you have been prescribed one without a valid medical reason then you and/or your doctor could get in trouble.

If you are using a prescription inhaler without a valid prescription then you are breaking the law and can/will be charged accordingly.

Of you have a valid medical prescription for a valid medical reason then the RCMP cannot deny you from using your prescribed medication.
All other pre-workouts and supplements that can be bought in a supplement or fitness store you are allowed to take whenever you like.
K-Div RM

kalpar90
Rookie Member

Postby kalpar90 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:17 pm

Hey Everyone,

I had my RMAQ phone review on July 22 and still haven't heard anything back. I know it is a long process but is anybody else currently in the same boat as me and waiting for their polygraph to be scheduled ?

Kal
BC APPLICANT
Online Application: May 27, 2016
Sp Sent: June 25, 2016
Rmaq: July 22, 2016
Pep: Sept 26, 2016
Pep Review: Oct 11, 2016
Pep Rec: Nov 10, 2016
Med/Pysch: Dec 7,8 2016-Cleared
Bgi: Nov 10, 2016
FSR: Jan 18, 2017
SC: Feb 14, 2017
Troop:34

kayban03
Rookie Member

Postby kayban03 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:23 pm

Hey everyone!

So I am aware being in our very best shape going into Depot and I am currently working on fine tuning some things.

So my question is: what would you consider being in the best shape. Is there like a bench mark for some things? Be able to easily run 5k? Etc.

Also any other programs etc you all like.

Thanks
AB Applicant
SP: April 2016
RMAQ: April 2016
PEP: August 5th, 2016
PEP REC: October 14th, 2016
MED/Psych: June 9th, 2017
MED cleared: July 25, 2017
SC: August 24, 2017
Troop #24- November 6, 2017

Ziggy
Rookie Member

Postby Ziggy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:02 pm

[/quote] Thank you very much for you respond, but this is not an answer I am looking for.
Thanks for sharing your concern.[/quote]

Feels like a troll post, but you never know.... When you get a troop number, take the inhaler to depot and see what happens. :ponder:
Kelowna Detachment Watch 1

azims
Veteran Member

Postby azims » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:37 pm

kayban03 wrote:Hey everyone!

So I am aware being in our very best shape going into Depot and I am currently working on fine tuning some things.

So my question is: what would you consider being in the best shape. Is there like a bench mark for some things? Be able to easily run 5k? Etc.

Thanks

Details regarding bench marks at Depot have been posted over and over and over again. Even if you google it, you will find a lot of information on it. Do a little research on your own

Singh175
Rookie Member

Postby Singh175 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:53 pm

What does the benchmark mean when it says " benchpress 150% bodyweight" ?
As in:
......how many reps/sets at 150% bw does it take to be able to say that you meet that benchmark?

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:03 am

If you can pass the PARE at depot, then you meet the required benchmark.

The run times, bench press weights, etc are all fitness goals to aim for but aren't required.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

Singh175
Rookie Member

Postby Singh175 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:46 am

I know that.

What I am asking is how to quantify being able to bench x percentage bodyweight because it doesnt mention how many reps or sets it takes to be able to achieve that.

Eg. If can bench only one rep at 150% bw then can I say that "i can bench 150%bw" or does it take more to be able to meet that standard?

Jessew
Rookie Member

Postby Jessew » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:55 am

Bench press % bodyweight is one rep.
K-Div RM

Singh175
Rookie Member

Postby Singh175 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:02 am

Thank you!

kayban03
Rookie Member

Postby kayban03 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:29 am

azims wrote:
kayban03 wrote:Hey everyone!

Thanks

Details regarding bench marks at Depot have been posted over and over and over again. Even if you google it, you will find a lot of information on it. Do a little research on your own

My apologies, I actually found the answer I was looking for but forgot to remove my question.

Thank you though.
AB Applicant
SP: April 2016
RMAQ: April 2016
PEP: August 5th, 2016
PEP REC: October 14th, 2016
MED/Psych: June 9th, 2017
MED cleared: July 25, 2017
SC: August 24, 2017
Troop #24- November 6, 2017