RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Sunrise
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:53 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Sunrise » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:41 am

KaterGator wrote:
We are at similar points.

If it makes you feel better mine opened my SP on July 5th and I haven't heard a peep about setting my my RMAQ call.

Hoping it's just summer vacation lag and that I'll get the email teeing it up soon.

Here's to hoping you're right on the quicker timelines, although who knows!! :ponder:


Still waiting for mine to be opened. I submitted my SP a few weeks after you so if your timeline is anything to go by they should be looking at mine very soon. In any case if it's been a month since you submitted and you still have no RMAQ scheduled then I guess I'll take it easy for the time being.

Jayjay
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:58 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Jayjay » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:19 am

Hey All,

Longtime lurker for the website and now in the final stretch! Was informed by my FC I may have to prepare for a "short notice" phone call if I obtain my SC. Very excited and relieved its coming to an end soonish! Wish everyone luck in the process. Word of advice to everyone early on in the process is to just let it take its course. I remember reading that many posts ago and it really helps!

Take care,

-J
Reinsertion: Oct/2015
RMAQ Interview: Nov/2015
RMAQ Rec: Nov/2015
PARE (3:47): Jan/2016
RMSI REC: Feb/2016
PEP: Apr/2016
PEP REC: Jun/2016
BGI: Jun/2016
MED/PSYCH: July/2016
MED Cleared:July/2016
SC: Ongoing
TROOP: 17-Sept 19, 2016

User avatar
Shawshank
Regular Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Shawshank » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:15 am

Jayjay wrote:Hey All,

Longtime lurker for the website and now in the final stretch! Was informed by my FC I may have to prepare for a "short notice" phone call if I obtain my SC. Very excited and relieved its coming to an end soonish! Wish everyone luck in the process. Word of advice to everyone early on in the process is to just let it take its course. I remember reading that many posts ago and it really helps!

Take care,

-J


All you can do is hurry up and wait, but it didn't stop me from trying to will my phone to ring.
K division.

JunkyardDog
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby JunkyardDog » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:24 pm

It only gets worse with each step you successfully check off the list.

alimartin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:17 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby alimartin » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:30 am

JunkyardDog wrote:It only gets worse with each step you successfully check off the list.


And even once you get "the call" the obsessive phone, email and blueline checking may continue out of habit, all while time passes both too quickly and too slowly all at once.

asid
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:39 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby asid » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:58 am

Sunrise wrote:
KaterGator wrote:
We are at similar points.

If it makes you feel better mine opened my SP on July 5th and I haven't heard a peep about setting my my RMAQ call.

Hoping it's just summer vacation lag and that I'll get the email teeing it up soon.

Here's to hoping you're right on the quicker timelines, although who knows!! :ponder:


Still waiting for mine to be opened. I submitted my SP a few weeks after you so if your timeline is anything to go by they should be looking at mine very soon. In any case if it's been a month since you submitted and you still have no RMAQ scheduled then I guess I'll take it easy for the time being.





where are you guys applying from?
BC
Applied: June 2016
Interview: September 2016
Psych test: October 2016
Psych interview : October 2016
Medical: November 2016
Security clearance: submitted Feb 2017
PARE: August 2017
Integrity interview: Oct 31, 2017
OITP:

Kernal33
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:39 pm
Location: British Columbia
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Kernal33 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:42 am

JunkyardDog wrote:It only gets worse with each step you successfully check off the list.


Bang on with that, up until my PEP I was barely looking at emails, now probably every few hours.
E Div Constable

Sunrise
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:53 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Sunrise » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:29 am

asid wrote:
Sunrise wrote:
KaterGator wrote:
We are at similar points.

If it makes you feel better mine opened my SP on July 5th and I haven't heard a peep about setting my my RMAQ call.

Hoping it's just summer vacation lag and that I'll get the email teeing it up soon.

Here's to hoping you're right on the quicker timelines, although who knows!! :ponder:


Still waiting for mine to be opened. I submitted my SP a few weeks after you so if your timeline is anything to go by they should be looking at mine very soon. In any case if it's been a month since you submitted and you still have no RMAQ scheduled then I guess I'll take it easy for the time being.





where are you guys applying from?


BC. How about you? Are you at a similar stage as well?

JunkyardDog
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby JunkyardDog » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:44 am

alimartin wrote:
JunkyardDog wrote:It only gets worse with each step you successfully check off the list.


And even once you get "the call" the obsessive phone, email and blueline checking may continue out of habit, all while time passes both too quickly and too slowly all at once.


Haha a little withdrawal

asid
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:39 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby asid » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:35 pm

I'm applying from BC as well, and I'm at the exact same stage as you guys I submitted my SP on July 6th but they haven't opened mine yet.
BC
Applied: June 2016
Interview: September 2016
Psych test: October 2016
Psych interview : October 2016
Medical: November 2016
Security clearance: submitted Feb 2017
PARE: August 2017
Integrity interview: Oct 31, 2017
OITP:

Zed76
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:40 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Zed76 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:54 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the RCMP still requires First Aid certification?

I believe applicants previously needed "Standard First Aid" & "CPR level C" but I can't find it listed anywhere on the website.

Thank you,
Z
RCMP RM - Hdiv

azims
Veteran Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:56 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby azims » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:00 pm

Zed76 wrote:Hi all,

Does anyone know if the RCMP still requires First Aid certification?

I believe applicants previously needed "Standard First Aid" & "CPR level C" but I can't find it listed anywhere on the website.

Thank you,
Z

you will need it. Depot doesnt run First aid courses and you need 1 when you hit the roads

User avatar
ninja_assassin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:10 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby ninja_assassin » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:03 pm

Zed76 wrote:Hi all,

Does anyone know if the RCMP still requires First Aid certification?

I believe applicants previously needed "Standard First Aid" & "CPR level C" but I can't find it listed anywhere on the website.

Thank you,
Z


Yup standard first aid with level C cpr.
How did you get your Pep rec? I got my pep rec by email and my fc requested the certification to be scanned and emailed.
RCMP "E" Div Cst.

Online app 2016-03
Conditional offer 2016-10
Troop 20 Oct 24, 2016 - May 1, 2017

jcroteau12
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:07 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby jcroteau12 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Has anyone noticed the RCMP application process has changed again?

As of January 15, 2016 applicants will be required to complete the PARE before applying? Along with vision and hearing tests.

The RMSI has also been re-added to the application process.

Kernal33
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:39 pm
Location: British Columbia
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Kernal33 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:18 pm

jcroteau12 wrote:Has anyone noticed the RCMP application process has changed again?

As of January 15, 2016 applicants will be required to complete the PARE before applying? Along with vision and hearing tests.

The RMSI has also been re-added to the application process.


As of May 2016 those were taken out.
E Div Constable


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alexgue89, dazheb, VexTex and 7 guests