RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
alimartin
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby alimartin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:17 am

qaiszam][Hi All,
Can you put the same individuals as your associates and character reference on the forms?

Thanks in advance![/quote]

[quote="qaiszam wrote:
I am just filling up the SP forms, help me out here if you know something I don't?

I linked you to the answers.

The3wood
Rookie Member

Postby The3wood » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:13 pm

Hey qaiszam,

Alimartin has given you the link to your answer on p.1736
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

awade
Rookie Member

Postby awade » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:42 pm

KaterGator wrote:I'm checking my email way more than what's healthy.

Someone save me from myself.

LOL. :shock:

Don't sweat it now, the process is long and challenges you at each stage. I know how you feel, im waiting on my medical and security to clear which I thought would have been weeks ago but you can only wait till coach puts you in the game. We need good patience in this line of work, start working on it. Good luck friend! :alright:

KaterGator
Rookie Member

Postby KaterGator » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:57 pm

awade wrote:

Don't sweat it now, the process is long and challenges you at each stage. I know how you feel, im waiting on my medical and security to clear which I thought would have been weeks ago but you can only wait till coach puts you in the game. We need good patience in this line of work, start working on it. Good luck friend! :alright:

Yeah I think it's more anxiousness and excitement lol but definitely need to lock it up.

Good luck on your process too! :D
ON Applicant
REINSERTION NOTICE: 10-JUN-16
REC'D SP: 16-JUN-16
SP SENT: 21-JUN-16
RMAQ: 05-DEC-16
PEP:
PEP REC:
BGI -
PSYCH/MED -
SUIT -
SC -
TROOP -

alimartin
Rookie Member

Postby alimartin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:34 pm

awade wrote:

awade - pm sent

Weekends mean no need for email checking -- both a relief and frustrating!

qaiszam
Rookie Member

Postby qaiszam » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:12 pm

The3wood wrote:Hey qaiszam,

Alimartin has given you the link to your answer on p.1736

I got it, Thank you!

qaiszam
Rookie Member

Postby qaiszam » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:14 pm

alimartin wrote:
qaiszam][Hi All,
Can you put the same individuals as your associates and character reference on the forms?

Thanks in advance![/quote]

[quote="qaiszam wrote:
I am just filling up the SP forms, help me out here if you know something I don't?

I linked you to the answers.

Thank you!

KEB
Rookie Member

Postby KEB » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:59 pm

I am currently stuck and not sure how to proceed. I am mostly done the selection package except for the security clearance form and the personnel screening, consent and authorization forms because I have yet to receive the OLISS email containing my login details. To back up a bit, I did receive the email originally (to my hotmail account) with the direction to make an epost account, etc and once you do you will get the selection package email and the OLISS email on your epost account. I made the epost account, waited a week and received nothing. I emailed the coordinator and heard nothing back after a few more days so I called and got no answer but left a message. A day or so later she sent an email saying she resent it and to check. I got the epost email about the selection package but still no OLISS email with login details. This was early june. I figured maybe it was going to be delayed for a few more days or something and I should just finish the rest of the package. I have now completed the rest of the package (I even finished the clearance form on a separate sheet awaiting the login details) and am feeling like I am in limbo. I sent the email on thursday of last week asking politely for the login details as it may have been lost in translation. I heard nothing as of monday evening so I called and got no answer but left a message. As of today I have received nothing on both email accounts (checked junk folder as well) and the package is due by the 17th.

I do not want to annoy my file coordinator but I am running out of time. Granted I have a couple of days left but realistically its a close shave as I work long hours and am on days this week so it is hard to find time to call and maybe get them in office at a decent time. I tried calling again today but there was no answer again. Should I keep calling? I understand they are super busy and have a ton of work and applicants, but I have been waiting for this for a while and cannot go any further except for handing in the selection package without the two forms filled out in OLISS, which I don't want to do.

Rasabeth2
Rookie Member

Postby Rasabeth2 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:56 pm

When your on epost, are you clicking on connect or just checking messaging? You communication with your FC will be in connect
Online app: May 16, 2016
SP Sent june 10, 2016
RMAQ: June 27, 2016
PEP: Aug 11, 2016
PEP Rec: Oct 31, 2016
SLE: Sept 13, 2016 (E-C-C)
MED &PSYC:Nov 3, 2016
Med Clearance: Nov 27, 2016
BGI: Nov 27, 2016
SC: On going
TROOP: 32... Graduated Aug 28, 2017

Law75!
Rookie Member

Postby Law75! » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:18 pm

First post...just received a deferral email at medical stage. The letter just says I did not pass medical. The file coordinator indicated in the email that it was my vision. I passed my vision tests pre-application and during the medical exam, the doctor actually said my vision was fine. I am not sure what to do right now, there has been no other information. Letting it all sink in, not the outcome I was hoping for. Wishing everyone else the best of luck as they progress.

alimartin
Rookie Member

Postby alimartin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:32 pm

Law75! wrote:First post...just received a deferral email at medical stage. The letter just says I did not pass medical. The file coordinator indicated in the email that it was my vision. I passed my vision tests pre-application and during the medical exam, the doctor actually said my vision was fine. I am not sure what to do right now, there has been no other information. Letting it all sink in, not the outcome I was hoping for. Wishing everyone else the best of luck as they progress.

There is an appeals process but not sure medical falls under that? It'd be worth emailing or calling your FC to get more information. I do believe there's a 30 day window for any appeal. If I were you I'd want to clarify for sure, since you met the specifications and haven't been told of any vision issue. It could be cleared up, or you could end up wth new information that could affect your health!

Law75!
Rookie Member

Postby Law75! » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:16 pm

alimartin wrote:
Law75! wrote:First post...just received a deferral email at medical stage. The letter just says I did not pass medical. The file coordinator indicated in the email that it was my vision. I passed my vision tests pre-application and during the medical exam, the doctor actually said my vision was fine. I am not sure what to do right now, there has been no other information. Letting it all sink in, not the outcome I was hoping for. Wishing everyone else the best of luck as they progress.

There is an appeals process but not sure medical falls under that? It'd be worth emailing or calling your FC to get more information. I do believe there's a 30 day window for any appeal. If I were you I'd want to clarify for sure, since you met the specifications and haven't been told of any vision issue. It could be cleared up, or you could end up wth new information that could affect your health!

Thank you for this response! I really appreciate it. I will see what I can find out. I am just completely confused.

nktan87
Rookie Member

Postby nktan87 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:26 am

It's okay Law75 I just got deferred as well..... I see it as a blessing in disguise, keep trying, apply for other departments, someone will eventually accept you. Good luck to all other applicants. Wood and Junk best of luck guys, hope you succeed with RCMP!
EPS
App: 2016-06-30✅
ACT/APCAT: 2016-08-20✅
A-PREP: 2016-10-24✅
PDI: 2016-10-25✅
Poly: 2016-10-26✅
Med: 2016-10-26✅
Psychometric: 2016-10-27✅
BDI: 2016-10-27✅
Psy: 2016-10-28✅
BGI: 2016-12-08 - 2016-12-30✅
Final Review: 2016-01-17✅
RTC 140: 2017-03-27

KEB
Rookie Member

Postby KEB » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:56 am

Rasabeth2 wrote:When your on epost, are you clicking on connect or just checking messaging? You communication with your FC will be in connect

Yes I click the connect and there is an open line between them and I which contains an email about instructions for the selection package and that I am to await another email for the OLISS from a separate email. Do they send the OLISS details in the same RCMP email connect or do they open another connect from a separate email to your account? Either way, haven't received the details from either and not sure how to proceed further without more emails or phone calls and chancing to piss them off since I already sent them an email and phone call asking for the details.

KaterGator
Rookie Member

Postby KaterGator » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:54 am

I passed my vision exam during the pre-screen with my optometrist, but he did mention I was nearing the border of not passing, and he did let me squint a little.

I have a laser eye consultation next week that I was iffy with following through on, because I know having it increases my chances for eye injuries in such a physical career. I guess now reading that my vision will be retested in the med clearance stage, and that it could defer me (and having been deferred once already), looks like I'll be following through.

Anyone else done laser for the hiring process? I'm nervous about the procedure (I know it's really painless), but it's moreso the concept of a laser cutting at my eyeball while I'm awake that makes me jittery.
ON Applicant
REINSERTION NOTICE: 10-JUN-16
REC'D SP: 16-JUN-16
SP SENT: 21-JUN-16
RMAQ: 05-DEC-16
PEP:
PEP REC:
BGI -
PSYCH/MED -
SUIT -
SC -
TROOP -