RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Stahl
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Stahl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:14 pm

I'll give it a try, but they want a minimum of 300dpi, but they do say to play with the settings to get it to work. For example:with black&white my ID cards and photo looked like black silhouettes, on greyscale they look perfect. Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a go.
-Stahl

RCMP Troop 5
Applied May 17

Stahl
Rookie Member

Postby Stahl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:41 pm

I managed to figure it out. Got it to 4mb and uploaded it. So now I play the waiting game again until the phone call.

If I can offer any advice to applicants it's use a BLACK pen, they say blue is okay, but when it's scanned (especially at lower qualities), it makes a difference.
-Stahl

RCMP Troop 5
Applied May 17

azims
Veteran Member

Postby azims » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:59 am

Stahl wrote:I managed to figure it out. Got it to 4mb and uploaded it. So now I play the waiting game again until the phone call.

If I can offer any advice to applicants it's use a BLACK pen, they say blue is okay, but when it's scanned (especially at lower qualities), it makes a difference.

Attention to detail is good but you're overanalyzing it. Fill them out to the best of your ability and if there's something you miss or didnt do it right, your RC will let you know..

Rialto
Rookie Member

Postby Rialto » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:11 pm

Has anyone ever requested a new Recruiting Coordinator?

I called her and her voicemail is not the same name as what was on my email. I also submitted multiple emails now without any response. My selection package is due on the 16th, and I still have not received my Epost for my package. I have however started on the completion of my two security forms.

How would any of you guys handle this situation?
RCMP
SP 2012 closed my file
Reinstated: May 23/16
SP: Aug.15
RMAI: Aug. 23
PEP: Oct 11
BGI: Feb 28
Med: Mar 28
Psy: May 2
DEPOT: July - October. (Sent home due to a knee injury)

lawtont
Rookie Member

Postby lawtont » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:52 pm

Rialto - there are few things in the process I would never do. That would probably be #2. These are the people that control your process, and if they get a sniff that you can't interact with people in a positive way-I don't foresee that going well.

It's possible your person is on holidays or something. Send an email so you have a paper trail of your request date - something like - hey I have not received this yet. Then just sit back and wait.
Online App: MAY 19 2016
SP Request: MAY 31 2016
SP Completed: JUNE 1 2016
RMAQ: JULY 4 2016
PEP:
BGI:
SC:
MED:
PSYC:
TROOP :

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:39 pm

What's number 1?
K division.

Rialto
Rookie Member

Postby Rialto » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:48 pm

Okay thanks. I'll sit back and wait for a responce then.
RCMP
SP 2012 closed my file

acegman
Rookie Member

Postby acegman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:30 pm

Rialto wrote:Has anyone ever requested a new Recruiting Coordinator?

I called her and her voicemail is not the same name as what was on my email. I also submitted multiple emails now without any response. My selection package is due on the 16th, and I still have not received my Epost for my package. I have however started on the completion of my two security forms.

If you got your package due date why wouldnt you have recieved the package?
This is my second time around and with the email i get outlining what im responsible for, the package and the epost instructions comes a due date for my package.. And you started your security forms online so you would have got that email as well on how to fill those out. Weird

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:48 pm

Rialto wrote:Has anyone ever requested a new Recruiting Coordinator?

Your best way to handle this is to calm down and kept doing what you are doing.
Neither you nor any other applicant gets to CHOOSE who you deal with along the way of the process. Just like, if you get to Depot, you will not be able to choose who your instructors are, nor, if you complete training, exactly where you will be posted.
Wow!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

Rialto
Rookie Member

Postby Rialto » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:17 pm

Thank you everyone for the supportive responses. It's the 12th today, and my package is due in 4 days. Let's hope I hear back from someone at recruiting tomorrow. Yes I did get instructions, but I never got the email asking to connect to Epost. This is my second time doing this, however my last selection package I submitted was all paper.
RCMP
SP 2012 closed my file

subbie
Rookie Member

Postby subbie » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:18 am

I think they will be understanding once you talk with someone regarding the timing and submission of your paperwork. I had a similar issue after I was told at a info session that the vision and hearing had to be at least booked prior to submitting your initial email online. With that information I booked both and submitted online. Really you are suppose to have it completed before that email.

I spoke with someone in Regina regarding the information error and they were understanding and allowed me to continue with no foul. If you do not get your e-post information prior to your submission date I'm sure a well articulated phone call can clear things up. Good luck mate
SPECIAL CONSTABLE
OPP Auxiliary Member

KaterGator
Rookie Member

Postby KaterGator » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:44 am

Does anyone have insight on reinsertion? Just wondering if it's a longer process than people that are on their first go around at the process.

Did you have to resubmit a selection package? I'm just trying to "guesstimate" how long my process may take (although I appreciate everyone's is different).

The waiting game is so stressful..
ON Applicant
REINSERTION NOTICE: 10-JUN-16
REC'D SP: 16-JUN-16
SP SENT: 21-JUN-16
RMAQ: 05-DEC-16
PEP:
PEP REC:
BGI -
PSYCH/MED -
SUIT -
SC -
TROOP -

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:14 am

The process varies greatly for each individual.
I'd estimate from 6 to 12+ months on average. (Judging from the timelines that applicants have posted on this forum).
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

alimartin
Rookie Member

Postby alimartin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:20 am

I was told the target was 10 months, I believe it's been adjusted to 8 months? Everyone's process is different, and there's no way to guesstimate a timeline meaningfully. I'd guess 6-12 months but not be surprised if it takes longer.

I'm at the very end of the process and still can't guesstimate a time. It's just how it goes.

lawtont
Rookie Member

Postby lawtont » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:02 am

Unread postby Shawshank » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:39 pm

What's number 1?

Let your imagination go wild.... :thumbsup:
Online App: MAY 19 2016
SP Request: MAY 31 2016
SP Completed: JUNE 1 2016
RMAQ: JULY 4 2016
PEP: