RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
cb54
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:03 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby cb54 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:42 pm

TJMarie wrote:Hey folks,

Quick question, I received my SP last Friday so I am now knee deep in recalling all the questionable and terrible decisions I have made during my time on this planet (embarrassingly way more than I ever thought about before) but I'm curious if there will be some kind of interview prior, a phone interview perhaps. I expect they must have questions after they review the RMAQ that would be difficult to answer over email.

I'm waiting on my FC to contact me so I know where to send the package off but in the meantime I was curious if people on here can provide some insight.

Additionally, am I the only person that is also now questioning if my spouse, parents or friends even really know me at all? lol...I think I would want the earth to swallow me up if my mother ever got hold of that RMAQ package. Ahhhhhh

Thanks :)


Yes, you have a phone interview to go over the entire RMAQ, so you can clarify / give more detail / ask any questions etc. My paperwork was all submitted online via epost, with a pretty quick turnaround. Lol doing the RMAQ just makes me annoyed at myself! After the phone interview I just went out and had a fun day with the family. Now I'm just going to forget about it till the actual polygraph, not stress out.

TJMarie
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby TJMarie » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Ok thanks for the reply & good to know. I have definitely been honest in what I have put in there, I have actually surprised myself in how much detail I can recall things from childhood and my teens. Hopefully whoever reads my package doesn't get scared off from giving me a phone interview!
Online App: May 26 2016
SP - June 3 2016
RMAQ sent- July 1 2016
PEP -
BGI -
PSYCH -
SUIT -
MED -
SC -

TJMarie
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby TJMarie » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:15 pm

cb54 wrote:
TJMarie wrote:Hey folks,

Quick question, I received my SP last Friday so I am now knee deep in recalling all the questionable and terrible decisions I have made during my time on this planet (embarrassingly way more than I ever thought about before) but I'm curious if there will be some kind of interview prior, a phone interview perhaps. I expect they must have questions after they review the RMAQ that would be difficult to answer over email.

I'm waiting on my FC to contact me so I know where to send the package off but in the meantime I was curious if people on here can provide some insight.

Additionally, am I the only person that is also now questioning if my spouse, parents or friends even really know me at all? lol...I think I would want the earth to swallow me up if my mother ever got hold of that RMAQ package. Ahhhhhh

Thanks :)


Yes, you have a phone interview to go over the entire RMAQ, so you can clarify / give more detail / ask any questions etc. My paperwork was all submitted online via epost, with a pretty quick turnaround. Lol doing the RMAQ just makes me annoyed at myself! After the phone interview I just went out and had a fun day with the family. Now I'm just going to forget about it till the actual polygraph, not stress out.



Epost? I thought they wanted the originals though, based on the first email I got or do you send the originals along too at the same time? Also I have had to print in block capitals and not write direct into PDF on the security clearance forms because my PDF at home doesn't allow me to write text for some reason. It is all clearly legible though which I expect is their main concern. My RMAQ is hand written as neatly as possible.

Good idea on forgetting about it though and trying to relax before the polygraph! I'm looking forward to having the application off so I can stop questioning my whole life at least for a little bit :)
Online App: May 26 2016
SP - June 3 2016
RMAQ sent- July 1 2016
PEP -
BGI -
PSYCH -
SUIT -
MED -
SC -

lawtont
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:57 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby lawtont » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:05 pm

Epost? I thought they wanted the originals though, based on the first email I got or do you send the originals along too at the same time? Also I have had to print in block capitals and not write direct into PDF on the security clearance forms because my PDF at home doesn't allow me to write text for some reason. It is all clearly legible though which I expect is their main concern. My RMAQ is hand written as neatly as possible.

Good idea on forgetting about it though and trying to relax before the polygraph! I'm looking forward to having the application off so I can stop questioning my whole life at least for a little bit


This was something that irked me. I completed all of the paperwork in blue/black ink and in block letters and re-did the pages that were too messy for me. Then I got the email, please complete this online form and return via e-post. The RMAQ was scanned and written by me, but the security clearance and another one go in as a electronic form. I'd hold off completing them in writing until you get your instructions. Get all the extras together though (passport photo, birth certificate, etc.)
Online App: MAY 19 2016
SP Request: MAY 31 2016
SP Completed: JUNE 1 2016
RMAQ: JULY 4 2016
PEP:
BGI:
SC:
MED:
PSYC:
TROOP :

JunkyardDog
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby JunkyardDog » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:09 pm

Well just got news I'm recommended to move forward after the PEP. Pretty good way to end a long day at the office.

nktan87
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 6:27 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby nktan87 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:12 pm

Congrats Junkyard, I'm still waiting on mine. it's going week 11 now.....fml
EPS
App: 2016-06-30✅
ACT/APCAT: 2016-08-20✅
A-PREP: 2016-10-24✅
PDI: 2016-10-25✅
Poly: 2016-10-26✅
Med: 2016-10-26✅
Psychometric: 2016-10-27✅
BDI: 2016-10-27✅
Psy: 2016-10-28✅
BGI: 2016-12-08 - 2016-12-30✅
Final Review: 2016-01-17✅
RTC 140: 2017-03-27

JunkyardDog
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby JunkyardDog » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:04 pm

nktan87 wrote:Congrats Junkyard, I'm still waiting on mine. it's going week 11 now.....fml


Thanks, hopefully your results will come shortly after mine.

jpsingh
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 12:33 am
Location: British Columbia
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby jpsingh » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:09 pm

Congratulations for moving to next step.

awade
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Vancouver Island, BC
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby awade » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:41 pm

BC-RCMP Applicant

1. Career Presentation- 2015/April
2. Exam- 2015/May/04
3. Application Package Submission (incl. PARE)- 2015/July/13
4. Package review
5. PEP Q (Polygraph Questionaire) Review - 2015/Aug/26
6. RMSI - 2015/Nov/15
7. Pre-Employment Polygraph - 2016/Jan/16
8. Background investigation- Completed 2015/May 18
9. Medical review- Psych 2016/March/29. Medical 2016/May/25
Medical complete- 2016/June/15
10. Final review-
11. Depot -
Last edited by awade on Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alimartin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:17 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby alimartin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:58 pm

awade wrote:BC-RCMP Applicant

1. Career Presentation- 2015/April
2. Exam- 2015/May/04
3. Application Package Submission (incl. PARE)- 2015/July/13
4. Package review
5. PEP Q (Polygraph Questionaire) Review - 2015/Aug/26
6. RMSI - 2015/Nov/15
7. Pre-Employment Polygraph - 2016/Jan/16
8. Background investigation- Completed 2015/May 18
9. Medical review- Psych 2016/March/29. Medical 2016/May/25
10. Final review- On going? :banghead:
11. Depot -



You and me both....

You've got word that your medical has cleared? I did my final health assessment, just waiting on the OK...

awade
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Vancouver Island, BC
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby awade » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:26 pm

alimartin wrote:
awade wrote:BC-RCMP Applicant

1. Career Presentation- 2015/April
2. Exam- 2015/May/04
3. Application Package Submission (incl. PARE)- 2015/July/13
4. Package review
5. PEP Q (Polygraph Questionaire) Review - 2015/Aug/26
6. RMSI - 2015/Nov/15
7. Pre-Employment Polygraph - 2016/Jan/16
8. Background investigation- Completed 2015/May 18
9. Medical review- Psych 2016/March/29. Medical 2016/May/25
10. Final review- On going? :banghead:
11. Depot -



You and me both....

You've got word that your medical has cleared? I did my final health assessment, just waiting on the OK...



No, hence the banging head on the wall. Should be soon but everyone on here's is different so hard to gauge a time. When was your medical?

TJMarie
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby TJMarie » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:51 am

JunkyardDog wrote:Well just got news I'm recommended to move forward after the PEP. Pretty good way to end a long day at the office.



Congrats that's great news! :D
Online App: May 26 2016
SP - June 3 2016
RMAQ sent- July 1 2016
PEP -
BGI -
PSYCH -
SUIT -
MED -
SC -

TJMarie
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby TJMarie » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:00 am

lawtont wrote:
Epost? I thought they wanted the originals though, based on the first email I got or do you send the originals along too at the same time? Also I have had to print in block capitals and not write direct into PDF on the security clearance forms because my PDF at home doesn't allow me to write text for some reason. It is all clearly legible though which I expect is their main concern. My RMAQ is hand written as neatly as possible.

Good idea on forgetting about it though and trying to relax before the polygraph! I'm looking forward to having the application off so I can stop questioning my whole life at least for a little bit


This was something that irked me. I completed all of the paperwork in blue/black ink and in block letters and re-did the pages that were too messy for me. Then I got the email, please complete this online form and return via e-post. The RMAQ was scanned and written by me, but the security clearance and another one go in as a electronic form. I'd hold off completing them in writing until you get your instructions. Get all the extras together though (passport photo, birth certificate, etc.)


haha too late for me as I already completed 90% of them on the weekend except for the odd bit! I guess at least having completed it in writing before it's simply a matter of copying not trying to recall information from scratch BUT having to do it all twice isn't fun!

I'm getting all my certified copies of documents done tomorrow so will have that all ready to send off to them per whatever instructions come my way.

ahhh looking forward to getting this process underway officially :)
Online App: May 26 2016
SP - June 3 2016
RMAQ sent- July 1 2016
PEP -
BGI -
PSYCH -
SUIT -
MED -
SC -

The3wood
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby The3wood » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:20 am

JunkyardDog wrote:
nktan87 wrote:Congrats Junkyard, I'm still waiting on mine. it's going week 11 now.....fml


Thanks, hopefully your results will come shortly after mine.


Congrats!!! I am also in the PEP results holding pattern! Haha
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

The3wood
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby The3wood » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:06 am

Just found out I have been recommended to move forward from the PEP. On to the next step!! :)
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Em123, Majestic-12 [Bot], Trooper2020, Zepedder and 6 guests