RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Rialto
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Rialto » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:02 am

virtualblue wrote:
Bespoked wrote:
EastCoast48 wrote:I know this question has been asked in the past. So first off sorry for the re-post.
I even tried to use the search feature but it was not working for me.

SO here goes, filling out the form TBS 330-60 security clearance form and we have to list the past 10 years of work info. I can not find all of my ROEs. Since, some companies have gone bankrupt. I made an account with Service Canada but only a few are showing online. My concern/issue is I only have until June 10 to send the forms back in.

Has anyone had this issue?? What did you do?? I have contacted a few of my past employers but they have to mail them out and they would not likely be here on time.

Have you tried calling Revenue Canada and requesting your T4s?

I tried that, they don't keep them that long apparently.

I am currently having this issue too. :(
RCMP
SP 2012 closed my file
Reinstated: May 23/16
SP: Aug.15
RMAI: Aug. 23
PEP: Oct 11
BGI: Feb 28
Med: Mar 28
Psy: May 2
DEPOT: July - October. (Sent home due to a knee injury)

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:53 am

Service Canada can issue a copy of your ROE for the past 10 years. I went into an office and had the one I needed. I had to get it mailed since it was a time before electronic ones and I couldn't just get it online.
K division.

EastCoast48
Rookie Member

Postby EastCoast48 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:33 am

Shawshank wrote:Service Canada can issue a copy of your ROE for the past 10 years. I went into an office and had the one I needed. I had to get it mailed since it was a time before electronic ones and I couldn't just get it online.

I called Service Canada to see about getting a copy of all my ROE i can't seem to find. They told me it would take up to 14 business days to get them in the mail, doesn't help with my June 10 deadline.
Online App: 04/03/16
SP Completed: 06/10/2016
RMAQ Review: 07/19/2016
File Closed : 08/25/2016 (one year)

alimartin
Rookie Member

Postby alimartin » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:28 am

EastCoast48 wrote:
Shawshank wrote:Service Canada can issue a copy of your ROE for the past 10 years. I went into an office and had the one I needed. I had to get it mailed since it was a time before electronic ones and I couldn't just get it online.

I called Service Canada to see about getting a copy of all my ROE i can't seem to find. They told me it would take up to 14 business days to get them in the mail, doesn't help with my June 10 deadline.

Just email your file coordinator, ask for an extension.

Rialto
Rookie Member

Postby Rialto » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:40 pm

This is a bit random of a question, I don't know if anyone here can help me out. But if someone could help me that would be great.

I grew up in the military. Was living in Germany for a few years. Had some type of government screening done as I had a NATO ID card (which allowed me onto the base as that's where the grocery store was and such). When I'm doing the application for the screening it asks what level of screening tests I've had done before... Does anyone know what level of screening I would of had to have that NATO card? I was a kid, only 17.

Thanks!
RCMP
SP 2012 closed my file
Reinstated: May 23/16
SP: Aug.15
RMAI: Aug. 23
PEP: Oct 11
BGI: Feb 28
Med: Mar 28
Psy: May 2
DEPOT: July - October. (Sent home due to a knee injury)

sierra.tango
Rookie Member

Postby sierra.tango » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:45 pm

Deleted - similar answer already provided
BC Applicant

Sunrise
Rookie Member

Postby Sunrise » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:44 pm

Do you need to provide an ROE for all the jobs you list? Or is just providing a supervisor's name and contact info sufficient?

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:04 pm

Sunrise wrote:

Do you need to provide an ROE for all the jobs you list? Or is just providing a supervisor's name and contact info sufficient?

The investigator was unable to verify a place I listed as employment, as they were unable to get ahold of a supervisor. I was asked to provide a roe or t4 for the job indicated.
K division.

salty
Rookie Member

Postby salty » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:03 pm

I'm not sure if this question has been asked in the past but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my current predicament.

Ill start with my background - I am currently an applicant with the CBSA and in October I went to the Health Canada Office to complete my Medical Assessment that included a hearing and visual test. I recently found out that my security clearance has been completed and the CBSA has invited me to attend training in Quebec in December.

A few weeks ago, I also applied at the RCMP since I found out about all the new amendments they made on their hiring process. Before I applied, I contacted Health Canada and asked them if they would be able to sign off on my Audio and Visual forms for the RCMP since I had just recently completed the exact same tests for the CBSA. The receptionist I spoke with said that shouldn't be an issue so I sent in my application with the RCMP. I then went to the Health Canada Offices and when I spoke with the nurse, they said they wouldn't be able to sign off on the forms until they did a new assessment on me, so I made an appointment for 2 weeks from now.

I now have received an email from the RCMP stating that I was selected to continue to the Selection Package stage. However, under the Vision and Hearing portion it states "If you submitted an application before obtaining your vision and hearing exams, your file will be closed and you will be ineligible to reapply for 6 months."

Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and if this means that I will be deferred for 6 months or if they might accept my CBSA results as I have obtained a copy of them. Sorry for the long question, any information would be greatly appreciated!

Flemminr
Rookie Member

Postby Flemminr » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:13 pm

Assuming things haven't changed at that stage, you should receive an email from your assigned file coordinator shortly to introduce themselves and provide instructions for completion of the forms. Probably best just to explain the situation out to them and see what they say.
Cst
D Division

ninja_assassin
Rookie Member

Postby ninja_assassin » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:13 pm

salty wrote:Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and if this means that I will be deferred for 6 months or if they might accept my CBSA results as I have obtained a copy of them. Sorry for the long question, any information would be greatly appreciated!

I went to Health Canada for my RCMP hearing screening forms since I got them to do the testing back in the day when I was with CBSA and they did it for free. They told me that they couldn't fill out the RCMP forms anymore... something to do with budget and they only do RCMP hearing screenings for those going into retirement or something like that. So if they can sign them for you then that's great.

As for vision... the requirements are different. CBSA allows you to have corrected vision (glasses or contacts) regardless of what the uncorrected vision might be.

But as the other forum member has suggested, your best option would be to inform your file coordinator about your situation before doing anything else.

Oh and if you attend Rigaud and later on are successful in the RCMP process and decide to attend Depot... you might have to repay CBSA the costs of training. Something to think about as the RCMP process can possibly take you past Dec.
RCMP "E" Div Cst.

Online app 2016-03
Conditional offer 2016-10
Troop 20 Oct 24, 2016 - May 1, 2017

jpsingh
Rookie Member

Postby jpsingh » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:18 am

Did anyone go though PEP recently. Please share your experience.

Many Thanks,

JS

Vitulla
Rookie Member

Postby Vitulla » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:20 pm

salty wrote:I'm not sure if this question has been asked in the past but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my current predicament.

Ill start with my background - I am currently an applicant with the CBSA and in October I went to the Health Canada Office to complete my Medical Assessment that included a hearing and visual test. I recently found out that my security clearance has been completed and the CBSA has invited me to attend training in Quebec in December.

A few weeks ago, I also applied at the RCMP since I found out about all the new amendments they made on their hiring process. Before I applied, I contacted Health Canada and asked them if they would be able to sign off on my Audio and Visual forms for the RCMP since I had just recently completed the exact same tests for the CBSA. The receptionist I spoke with said that shouldn't be an issue so I sent in my application with the RCMP. I then went to the Health Canada Offices and when I spoke with the nurse, they said they wouldn't be able to sign off on the forms until they did a new assessment on me, so I made an appointment for 2 weeks from now.

I now have received an email from the RCMP stating that I was selected to continue to the Selection Package stage. However, under the Vision and Hearing portion it states "If you submitted an application before obtaining your vision and hearing exams, your file will be closed and you will be ineligible to reapply for 6 months."

Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and if this means that I will be deferred for 6 months or if they might accept my CBSA results as I have obtained a copy of them. Sorry for the long question, any information would be greatly appreciated!

You got invited to Rigaud December 2015 or 2016?

TJMarie
Rookie Member

Postby TJMarie » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:53 pm

Hey folks,

Quick question, I received my SP last Friday so I am now knee deep in recalling all the questionable and terrible decisions I have made during my time on this planet (embarrassingly way more than I ever thought about before) but I'm curious if there will be some kind of interview prior, a phone interview perhaps. I expect they must have questions after they review the RMAQ that would be difficult to answer over email.

I'm waiting on my FC to contact me so I know where to send the package off but in the meantime I was curious if people on here can provide some insight.

Additionally, am I the only person that is also now questioning if my spouse, parents or friends even really know me at all? lol...I think I would want the earth to swallow me up if my mother ever got hold of that RMAQ package. Ahhhhhh

Online App: May 26 2016
SP - June 3 2016
RMAQ sent- July 1 2016
PEP -
BGI -
PSYCH -
SUIT -
MED -
SC -

alimartin
Rookie Member

Postby alimartin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:37 pm

TJMarie wrote:Hey folks,

Quick question, I received my SP last Friday so I am now knee deep in recalling all the questionable and terrible decisions I have made during my time on this planet (embarrassingly way more than I ever thought about before) but I'm curious if there will be some kind of interview prior, a phone interview perhaps. I expect they must have questions after they review the RMAQ that would be difficult to answer over email.

I'm waiting on my FC to contact me so I know where to send the package off but in the meantime I was curious if people on here can provide some insight.

Additionally, am I the only person that is also now questioning if my spouse, parents or friends even really know me at all? lol...I think I would want the earth to swallow me up if my mother ever got hold of that RMAQ package. Ahhhhhh

You will have a phone review to go over your RMAQ. You can add or elaborate on things here. You will also be able to add and clarify before PEP. Don't stress, be as honest as possible. It is not uncommon to remember more stuff later either, once the wheels get turning.