RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
mnehaj
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 9:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Wtf rcmp hiring....???

Postby mnehaj » Tue May 24, 2016 9:28 pm

Hey im in f division. is any one else having trouble getting a hold of a recruiter. its going on a month and a half since i applied.
Sask applicant
Applied May 27/16
RPAB June 18/16
SP June 22/16
SP Sent July 5/16
RMAQ July 13/16
PEP Oct 11/16
PEP REC:waiting
BGI -
PSYCH/MED -
SC -
TROOP -

trudel12
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:10 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby trudel12 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:49 am

Sunrise wrote:Thanks for being real Azalin. It's nice to have someone explain exactly how it works in regards to the day-to-day.

Any plans of heading back to Depot? Or have you moved on to something else?


Yes I was wondering the same!
Why did you left depot?
Proud to be a mountie
Troop 8 - 2016

Sierra1993
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Wtf rcmp hiring....???

Postby Sierra1993 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:50 am

mnehaj wrote:Hey im in f division. is any one else having trouble getting a hold of a recruiter. its going on a month and a half since i applied.
Nope my recruiter is amazing and responds literally within under an hour through email. The problem is the medical side for me, its been almost 3 months now that I have been waiting for a result and my recruiter has asked countless times on my behalf. I wonder what is going on with the medical side right now here in BC or around interior BC. Hopefully my PEP doesn't expire first.

azims
Veteran Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Wtf rcmp hiring....???

Postby azims » Wed May 25, 2016 10:30 am

VanSmack wrote:
mnehaj wrote:Hey im in f division. is any one else having trouble getting a hold of a recruiter. its going on a month and a half since i applied.


A division is not a place, you are in Saskatchewan.

as soon as I read mnehaj's post, alarm bells went off lol

Fdot
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 12:08 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Fdot » Wed May 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Under the new rules, people from BC get to choose their first posting. My application was picked up by a recruiter from F division but I'd love to go to E. How does that work now?

alimartin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:17 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby alimartin » Wed May 25, 2016 12:41 pm

Fdot wrote:Under the new rules, people from BC get to choose their first posting. My application was picked up by a recruiter from F division but I'd love to go to E. How does that work now?


People from BC don't get to "choose" their first posting. They, like applicants from AB, SK, and MB, can choose to return to their province. That's it.

Where are YOU from?

If you aren't from BC, you would likely have the same chances of going to BC as before. It's quite possible but not guaranteed.

azims
Veteran Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:56 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby azims » Wed May 25, 2016 2:39 pm

BC and AB get majority of the recruits. So your chances of ending up in BC or AB are high.....

virtualblue
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 7:56 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby virtualblue » Wed May 25, 2016 4:39 pm

azims wrote:BC and AB get majority of the recruits. So your chances of ending up in BC or AB are high.....



I wonder if I put my first option as AB and second as somewhere in the Maritimes, how likely it would be...?
NS Applicant
Online App: 17 May 16
SP: 23 Jun 16
SP Sent:
RMAQ:
PEP:
BGI:
SC:
MED:
PSYC:

Fdot
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 12:08 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Fdot » Wed May 25, 2016 4:47 pm

alimartin wrote:
Fdot wrote:Under the new rules, people from BC get to choose their first posting. My application was picked up by a recruiter from F division but I'd love to go to E. How does that work now?


People from BC don't get to "choose" their first posting. They, like applicants from AB, SK, and MB, can choose to return to their province. That's it.

Where are YOU from?

If you aren't from BC, you would likely have the same chances of going to BC as before. It's quite possible but not guaranteed.


I am from BC, sorry I mean you have preference to province if from BC, but not exactly where within.

chg07
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:24 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby chg07 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:39 pm

Anybody know what the criteria is for receiving a conditional offer pending security clearance?

I received my medical clearance today but in her email to me my recruiter said we are still waiting for security clearance to come through.

Thanks
SP - Sent Oct 2015
RMAQ - Nov 11/2015
RMSI - Dec 30/2015 - Passed
PARE - Jan 23/2016 - 3:39
PEP - Feb 15/2016
PEP Rec. - Mar 9/2016
Psych - Mar 24/2016
Med - April 13/2016
BGI - Complete April 27/2016
SR - May 4th
SC - Ongoing
Troop 8

medicalert7
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:39 pm
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby medicalert7 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi, I have a question: IF you were told (at the RMAQ CALL) that you will have news somewhere between now and a couples of month: How long did you actually wait?

thank you!!
Reinsert approved: 02.19
SP send: 03.02
RMAQ CALL: 05.25
English test (07.18): PASS
PEP (12.14) PASS (17.05.02)
2017
Medical /PSY07.19PASS(09.2017)
BGI start: 07.25PASS: 10.19
FR start: 10.19 11/16
SC from: 11/16
Troop 27 17/18 Grad: 2018/06/11
E Div, Island District

User avatar
Shawshank
Regular Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Shawshank » Wed May 25, 2016 6:27 pm

medicalert7 wrote:Hi, I have a question: IF you were told (at the RMAQ CALL) that you will have news somewhere between now and a couples of month: How long did you actually wait?

thank you!!


A couple of months. Others a couple of days. Some a few weeks. One person was a fortnight.
K division.

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed May 25, 2016 7:20 pm

medicalert7 wrote:Hi, I have a question: IF you were told (at the RMAQ CALL) that you will have news somewhere between now and a couples of month: How long did you actually wait?

thank you!!

Possibly a year. Have patience, grasshopper.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed May 25, 2016 7:22 pm

virtualblue wrote:
azims wrote:BC and AB get majority of the recruits. So your chances of ending up in BC or AB are high.....



I wonder if I put my first option as AB and second as somewhere in the Maritimes, how likely it would be...?

Highly likely you can PUT it down, highly UNLIKELY of getting anywhere in the Maritimes right out of training.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicant2020, hsinom, Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot, whatamiseeing and 11 guests