RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
The3wood
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby The3wood » Tue May 03, 2016 12:09 pm

Not as of MAY 1st. The PARE was removed from the application process as well so I'm not sure if I still need to do it or not. I'm just waiting for my Poly results now and I'm guessing I'll find out then about the PARE.
NL APPLICANT
RPAB - NOV 2015
SP - JAN 2016
RMAQ - FEB 2016
RMSI - MAR 2016
PEP - APR 2016
PEP REC - JUNE 2016
PARE - depot
BGI - JUNE 2016
PSYCH - JUNE 2016
MED - JULY 2016
MED CLEARED - JULY 2016
SC - SEPT 2016
Troop #19, Oct. 17th

alimartin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:17 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby alimartin » Tue May 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Regarding medical, I've completed my labs/check X-ray/ECG a bit over a month ago. To complete the physical portion will I be contacted (by health services or my FC?)?

Thanks

Canuckulhead
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Canuckulhead » Tue May 03, 2016 12:33 pm

alimartin wrote:Regarding medical, I've completed my labs/check X-ray/ECG a bit over a month ago. To complete the physical portion will I be contacted (by health services or my FC?)?

Thanks



It wasn't the FC for me, my whole medical was facilitated by a third party (including the MMPI). I was given the requisitions for the chest xray and ecg, and given a number to call to setup my physical... I did it myself, but identified who I was and what it was for... I would double check that wasn't supposed to be the case for you.
BC Applicant -

Accepted RCMP August 2018 - Declined at the time due to child health care issues

April 2019 - Accepted Offer with New Westminster Police- May 2019 JI Start

alimartin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:17 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby alimartin » Tue May 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Thanks... I've been waiting to hear from the health services coordinator. Just got more information :)

stribor45
Rookie Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby stribor45 » Tue May 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Does Audio and Visual need to be completed before you submit your online application?
Does anyone know if Ontario applicants could possibly ever get their first post in Ontario?

Thanks guys

alimartin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:17 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby alimartin » Tue May 03, 2016 6:20 pm

stribor45 wrote:Does Audio and Visual need to be completed before you submit your online application?
Does anyone know if Ontario applicants could possibly ever get their first post in Ontario?

Thanks guys


It's unlikely but possible. If you want to be in Ontario for certain, apply OPP.


And yes, do your hearing and visual tests before applying. The RCMP website very clearly states (underlined), "before you apply". Then step 1 is listed as the online application.

Www.rcmp.gc.ca/en/how-to-apply

Racer_2
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:54 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Racer_2 » Tue May 03, 2016 6:22 pm

stribor45 wrote:Does Audio and Visual need to be completed before you submit your online application?
Does anyone know if Ontario applicants could possibly ever get their first post in Ontario?

Thanks guys


If you don't you will be deffered at least 3 months.
QC Applicant CBSA
Applied - Jan 15th 2018
SLE - Done already
GTC2 & WCPT - Feb 18
PARE - April 18
Interview - May 18
Sec. Forms - May 18
Psych - May 18
Medical - June 18
Sec. Int - November 18
OITP - February 18th 2019
Rigaud 13D - April 8th 2019

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Tue May 03, 2016 6:46 pm

stribor45 wrote:...Does anyone know if Ontario applicants could possibly ever get their first post in Ontario?
Thanks guys

Being an ex-pat ON type, I will echo alimartin's comment - do NOT bother applying to the RCMP if you are hoping to get back to ON immediately out of Depot, or soon within your career!

Your BEST bet is to join the OPP, or an ON Municipal PS, gain some experience, and THEN, if you want to join the RCMP, try to patch-over IF you can get a guarantee to stay in "O" Div.

"E", "K", "F" & "D" Divisions will NEED bodies, and MOST LIKELY are where the MAJORITY of graduating Cadets WILL end up.

If ANYTHING, I can see EXPERIENCED RM getting to parachute back into "O" IF they have the requisite Drugs, Major Crimes, GIS, Commercial Crime or even Shiprider experience.

I have no inside info on ANY of this, but I have heard and seen enough over the years that you MIGHT want to NOT get your hopes up.

I assume that the Maritimers, especially those sittin' on the Rock, are paying attention?!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

stribor45
Rookie Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby stribor45 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:
stribor45 wrote:...Does anyone know if Ontario applicants could possibly ever get their first post in Ontario?
Thanks guys

Being an ex-pat ON type, I will echo alimartin's comment - do NOT bother applying to the RCMP if you are hoping to get back to ON immediately out of Depot, or soon within your career!

Your BEST bet is to join the OPP, or an ON Municipal PS, gain some experience, and THEN, if you want to join the RCMP, try to patch-over IF you can get a guarantee to stay in "O" Div.

"E", "K", "F" & "D" Divisions will NEED bodies, and MOST LIKELY are where the MAJORITY of graduating Cadets WILL end up.

If ANYTHING, I can see EXPERIENCED RM getting to parachute back into "O" IF they have the requisite Drugs, Major Crimes, GIS, Commercial Crime or even Shiprider experience.

I have no inside info on ANY of this, but I have heard and seen enough over the years that you MIGHT want to NOT get your hopes up.

I assume that the Maritimers, especially those sittin' on the Rock, are paying attention?!


thank you for the info. Out of curiosity how do other newly hired members manage assignments that takes them out of their home province because I am sure some of them are married with kids. I mean if you are single it doesn't really matter where your posting is but once you have family with couple kids move becomes much more harder.
I understand that you can apply to city or OPP and stay in your province but I am just curious how all this works.

Thanks

alimartin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:17 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby alimartin » Tue May 03, 2016 8:22 pm

Believe it or not applicants without kids also struggle with relocation, and it matters to single applicants to leave their families and friends too. Your spouse needs to be 100% on board or you're in for a rough ride. Some spouses stay behind for a while to let kids finish a school term or to maintain their jobs.
Last edited by alimartin on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldunclehue
Seasoned Member
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:27 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby oldunclehue » Tue May 03, 2016 8:52 pm

stribor45 wrote:
Pete Broccolo wrote:
stribor45 wrote:...Does anyone know if Ontario applicants could possibly ever get their first post in Ontario?
Thanks guys

Being an ex-pat ON type, I will echo alimartin's comment - do NOT bother applying to the RCMP if you are hoping to get back to ON immediately out of Depot, or soon within your career!

Your BEST bet is to join the OPP, or an ON Municipal PS, gain some experience, and THEN, if you want to join the RCMP, try to patch-over IF you can get a guarantee to stay in "O" Div.

"E", "K", "F" & "D" Divisions will NEED bodies, and MOST LIKELY are where the MAJORITY of graduating Cadets WILL end up.

If ANYTHING, I can see EXPERIENCED RM getting to parachute back into "O" IF they have the requisite Drugs, Major Crimes, GIS, Commercial Crime or even Shiprider experience.

I have no inside info on ANY of this, but I have heard and seen enough over the years that you MIGHT want to NOT get your hopes up.

I assume that the Maritimers, especially those sittin' on the Rock, are paying attention?!


thank you for the info. Out of curiosity how do other newly hired members manage assignments that takes them out of their home province because I am sure some of them are married with kids. I mean if you are single it doesn't really matter where your posting is but once you have family with couple kids move becomes much more harder.
I understand that you can apply to city or OPP and stay in your province but I am just curious how all this works.

Thanks


If you have a spouse and kids and from Ont, you will have to move, likely somewhere you won't want to go, but there are great spots all over the country.

My wife voices her displeasure with the fact she has had to postpone a career for 9 years, we have decided for the next transfer she stays where we are now with the kids and I will go somewhere to make lots of cash and little expenses, likely north!

All in the life of a Mountie

Canuckulhead
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Canuckulhead » Tue May 03, 2016 8:57 pm

stribor45 wrote:
Pete Broccolo wrote:
stribor45 wrote:...Does anyone know if Ontario applicants could possibly ever get their first post in Ontario?
Thanks guys

Being an ex-pat ON type, I will echo alimartin's comment - do NOT bother applying to the RCMP if you are hoping to get back to ON immediately out of Depot, or soon within your career!

Your BEST bet is to join the OPP, or an ON Municipal PS, gain some experience, and THEN, if you want to join the RCMP, try to patch-over IF you can get a guarantee to stay in "O" Div.

"E", "K", "F" & "D" Divisions will NEED bodies, and MOST LIKELY are where the MAJORITY of graduating Cadets WILL end up.

If ANYTHING, I can see EXPERIENCED RM getting to parachute back into "O" IF they have the requisite Drugs, Major Crimes, GIS, Commercial Crime or even Shiprider experience.

I have no inside info on ANY of this, but I have heard and seen enough over the years that you MIGHT want to NOT get your hopes up.

I assume that the Maritimers, especially those sittin' on the Rock, are paying attention?!


thank you for the info. Out of curiosity how do other newly hired members manage assignments that takes them out of their home province because I am sure some of them are married with kids. I mean if you are single it doesn't really matter where your posting is but once you have family with couple kids move becomes much more harder.
I understand that you can apply to city or OPP and stay in your province but I am just curious how all this works.

Thanks



Ontario , youre going to move.. to get a POV on relocation Ill share my friends story... He recently graduated DEPOT, from BC, married to someone who had a great job at the Vancouver childrens hospital, and owned his house. There were 12 BC postings for his troop... He applied for one, is now in a town of 10,000 in Manitoba. While single, homeless (you know what I mean) recruits are heading to BC. You sign on to move when you apply. And even for the 4 west provinces with the new rules, you will get to go to your home province, but you could still be a LOOOOONG way from home.
BC Applicant -

Accepted RCMP August 2018 - Declined at the time due to child health care issues

April 2019 - Accepted Offer with New Westminster Police- May 2019 JI Start

stribor45
Rookie Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby stribor45 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:01 pm

So what do you guys think is behind this decision to change this recruitment process. I mean candidates still have to complete physical for example but only later on in the process rather then early on.

Tango5
Rookie Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:34 am
Location: E Div
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Tango5 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:14 pm

Reason?

Lack of applications.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Nayak, SemrushBot, TBONE-182 and 15 guests