RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Ralph
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:49 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Ralph » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:52 pm

 As of May 1st, 2016, there will be an educational exemption for applicants who currently possess a Canadian College Diploma (2 years or more).   If you are an applicant that has attained a Canadian College Diploma (2 year program or more) you will not be required to write the exam and will move on to the next step in the process.

trudel12
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:10 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby trudel12 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:18 pm

Ralph wrote: As of May 1st, 2016, there will be an educational exemption for applicants who currently possess a Canadian College Diploma (2 years or more).   If you are an applicant that has attained a Canadian College Diploma (2 year program or more) you will not be required to write the exam and will move on to the next step in the process.


This is a great news for the upcoming applicants!
Proud to be a mountie
Troop 8 - 2016

chg07
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:24 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby chg07 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:57 pm

Got word today that my file has been sent for final review!

Getting close to the end!
SP - Sent Oct 2015
RMAQ - Nov 11/2015
RMSI - Dec 30/2015 - Passed
PARE - Jan 23/2016 - 3:39
PEP - Feb 15/2016
PEP Rec. - Mar 9/2016
Psych - Mar 24/2016
Med - April 13/2016
BGI - Complete April 27/2016
SR - May 4th
SC - Ongoing
Troop 8

dancerbo
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:51 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby dancerbo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi all,

To those that have started their application after the new on-line system, how is it going for you guys?

I have submitted my SP electronically and have been sent an email regarding setting up my telephone RMAQ interview.

dan

Canuckulhead
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Canuckulhead » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:37 pm

chg07 wrote:Got word today that my file has been sent for final review!

Getting close to the end!



Congrats, Ive been here for a month and a half. Dont let the end in sight make you anxious, I lost sleep the first few weeks, but since then have been much better once I made a conscious effort to ignore it.
BC Applicant -

Accepted RCMP August 2018 - Declined at the time due to child health care issues

April 2019 - Accepted Offer with New Westminster Police- May 2019 JI Start

mke017
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:51 am
Location: Saskatchewan
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby mke017 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:49 pm

dancerbo wrote:Hi all,

To those that have started their application after the new on-line system, how is it going for you guys?

I have submitted my SP electronically and have been sent an email regarding setting up my telephone RMAQ interview.

dan


I just submitted my online application about a week ago and still got nothing back. Just patiently waiting here :D

mke017
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:51 am
Location: Saskatchewan
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby mke017 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:24 am

Regt'lPiper wrote:I was fortunate enough to receive 'the Call' this week for Troop 5.

Here are a few observations I've found along the way that I hope will help others as they work towards their dreams and goals.

- There is a search box located top right of the page, I highly recommend utilizing it.

- Comparing timelines is like worrying, and as Baz says, "...know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum".
I posted my timeline as a rough gage to pay it back as my eyes were glued (for better or worse) to everyone else who posted theirs. At the end of the day every applicant's journey throughout this process is their own. Comparing benchmarks while reading posts for info is a real mental catch 22.

- Prepare, study, keep fit - then live life as if the process doesn't exist. And while I am certainly guilty of doing the exact opposites at times, I wish I would have exercised this more throughout. It's a marathon, so mentally pace and consider the waiting, family stress and times of uncertainty a harsh but necessary life skill to master.

- A thank you to the RM's who contribute to this forum. Your time, experience, info and tireless patience is greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to meeting my troopmates in Troop 5, feel free to pm me.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

AB
RPAB: June 2015
Selection Package: July 2015
RMAQ: Aug 2015
PARE: Sept 2015
RMSI: Sept 2015
PEP: Nov 2015
PEP Review: Dec 2015
Medical/Psych: Feb 2016
BGI/Suitability: Feb-March 2016
Medical Profile: April 2016
TROOP 5: May 30th 2016


Have fun and Goodluck! Don't let us down haha :P

Brandy
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:26 pm
Location: Western Canada
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Brandy » Sun May 01, 2016 9:34 am

I am surprised the PARE is no longer a test to pass to be accepted to recruit training!

Gatsy92
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:50 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Gatsy92 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:49 am

Just saw that on the RCMP website. Effective May 1st. No more RMSI and no more PARE until Depot. They basically removed the two requirements that weeded out probably most of the applicants. What happens if these applicants get to Depot and fail the pare that they probably have never taken before
09.17.2015 RPAB
10.17.2015 RMAQ
11.09.2015 RMSI
11.18.2015 PARE
12.07.2015 PEP
01.20.2016 PEP Rec
01.29.2016 BGI
02.23.2016 Psych
02.23.2016 Suit
03.09.2016 Med
03.23.2016 Med Clearance
04.22.2016 SC
Troop 4
F Division

alimartin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:17 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby alimartin » Sun May 01, 2016 12:20 pm

Unbelievable.

I'll be curious to see how they evaluate the competencies in other stages of the application (as they mention on the website).

Canuckulhead
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Canuckulhead » Sun May 01, 2016 2:48 pm

Gatsy92 wrote:Just saw that on the RCMP website. Effective May 1st. No more RMSI and no more PARE until Depot. They basically removed the two requirements that weeded out probably most of the applicants. What happens if these applicants get to Depot and fail the pare that they probably have never taken before



Wow, that change is crazy. I get that it ultimately decreases the application times, but you'd think that those competencies were relevant to recruiting....What do I know.
BC Applicant -

Accepted RCMP August 2018 - Declined at the time due to child health care issues

April 2019 - Accepted Offer with New Westminster Police- May 2019 JI Start

acegman
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:19 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby acegman » Sun May 01, 2016 3:25 pm

Canuckulhead wrote:
Gatsy92 wrote:Just saw that on the RCMP website. Effective May 1st. No more RMSI and no more PARE until Depot. They basically removed the two requirements that weeded out probably most of the applicants. What happens if these applicants get to Depot and fail the pare that they probably have never taken before



Wow, that change is crazy. I get that it ultimately decreases the application times, but you'd think that those competencies were relevant to recruiting....What do I know.


Yea I think in doing this a lot of applicants are going to disregard the importance of fitness imo

User avatar
Shawshank
Regular Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Shawshank » Sun May 01, 2016 4:07 pm

Gatsy92 wrote:Just saw that on the RCMP website. Effective May 1st. No more RMSI and no more PARE until Depot. They basically removed the two requirements that weeded out probably most of the applicants. What happens if these applicants get to Depot and fail the pare that they probably have never taken before


Can you provide a link please? I'm on my phone and can only access the mobile site.
K division.

User avatar
dmifflin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:52 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby dmifflin » Sun May 01, 2016 4:45 pm

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/how-to-apply

It's true. I wonder how many more people they'll be sending home from Depot for failing their first ever PARE?

Tango5
Rookie Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:34 am
Location: E Div
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Tango5 » Sun May 01, 2016 4:54 pm

dmifflin wrote:http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/how-to-apply

It's true. I wonder how many more people they'll be sending home from Depot for failing their first ever PARE?


^^^this^^^
Plus some other changes.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/qualificat ... quirements

Apparently the Cooper Run (2.4k) is gone at Depot. Yes 5k and 8K still on.
Last edited by Tango5 on Sun May 01, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Boomboom72, Mich78, SC_07 and 10 guests