RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
alimartin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:17 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby alimartin » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:07 pm

chg07 wrote:Just got in from my polygraph examination. Overall it was a good experience and the examiner was very professional and laid out exactly how the day was going to go. The machine triggered a response on one of the questions even though I was 100% truthful. Really hoping this was just an anomaly and everything checks out!

Good luck to all!


PM sent.

rice-boy
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:56 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby rice-boy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:58 pm

It looks like the new budget will be announced late March. So does that mean troops starting April will be determined late March as well, giving April troops very short notice to be in Depot?
Reinsertion - April 14, 2015
RMAQ - May 6, 2015
PARE - Aug 10, 2015 (3.40)
RMSI - July 15, 2015
PEP - Sept 11, 2015
MEDICAL - Dec, 2015
PSYCH - Dec 10, 2015
PSYCH INTERVIEW - Jan 7, 2016
BGI - Feb, 2016
SUITABILITY -Mar, 2016
SC - April, 2016
TROOP - 2!!

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:29 am

Safest assumption is that, for fiscal year 2016 / 2017, there will be somewhere between 12 and 52 Troops stuffed through Depot...maybe.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

candicefromontario84
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:30 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby candicefromontario84 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:54 am

Hello everyone,
first post, applying from southern Ontario.

I just had my RMAQ phone interview on February 2nd...my FC has handed the results over to a corporal for review. waiting!
haven't run the PARE yet, and preparing for the RMSI. Any tips on how to curb the nerves? Interviews make me a little nervous. Anyone else want to share how they felt prior to the interview?
thanks!
-candice.
CX-1

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:08 am

candicefromontario84 wrote:Hello everyone,
first post, applying from southern Ontario.

I just had my RMAQ phone interview on February 2nd...my FC has handed the results over to a corporal for review. waiting!
haven't run the PARE yet, and preparing for the RMSI. Any tips on how to curb the nerves? Interviews make me a little nervous. Anyone else want to share how they felt prior to the interview?
thanks!
-candice.

Breathe. Train physically. Carry on with your life. Repeat.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

ExVee
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:18 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby ExVee » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:22 am

candicefromontario84 wrote:Hello everyone,
first post, applying from southern Ontario.

I just had my RMAQ phone interview on February 2nd...my FC has handed the results over to a corporal for review. waiting!
haven't run the PARE yet, and preparing for the RMSI. Any tips on how to curb the nerves? Interviews make me a little nervous. Anyone else want to share how they felt prior to the interview?
thanks!
-candice.


Nervous of course, but you know exactly what the interviewer will ask for prepare loads beforehand!
The PARE is a 3-4 min obstacle course, just add some cardio into your workouts and you'll be fine!

Goodluck, and also to add onto Pete's advice, this process will test your patience!
CP: April 2014
RPAB: Oct 2014
SP: Dec 2014
RMAQ: March 2015
RMSI: May 2015
PARE - 3:21: July 2015
PEP: Sept-Nov 2015
BGI: Nov 2015
SUIT: January 2016
Psych: March 2016
Medical: April 2016
SC: April 2016
Troop 4 - May 16

User avatar
mack_silent
Rookie Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:36 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby mack_silent » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:36 am

The PREP physical has a similar push/pull component to the PARE.
You can try out this part at a PREP practice session. (Ontario test)

For the other PARE components, try practicing at home or a nearby track by setting up a course with jogging, stairs, jumps, burpees, and a sandbag chest carry. Good luck!
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

candicefromontario84
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:30 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby candicefromontario84 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:46 am

thanks everyone!! appreciate it.
CX-1

L8BLMR
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby L8BLMR » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:26 pm

rice-boy wrote:Anyone in BC lower mainland recently complete their PARE? (applicants before Jan15th) Is it still done in Surrey headquarters? After the new process, I checked the RCMP website and it looks like the closest lower mainland applicants can take the test is either in Chiliwack or Victoria.

Also, I guess the new 9 month/1 year PARE period is only valid for new applicant tests?



I did my PARE last September and it was supposed to expire next month. My FC told me I'm not doing it until June because it's being extended for 9 months. So yeah, the 9 month/1year PARE applies to all applicants.


Edit:
Also, I was told by a reliable source that they'll be setting up a PARE testing facility at the YWCA in Vancouver, but won't be up and running til March.
RCMP BC APPLICANT 2015/2016
TROOP 5 MAY 30-NOV 14 2016

rice-boy
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:56 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby rice-boy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:46 pm

L8BLMR wrote:
rice-boy wrote:Anyone in BC lower mainland recently complete their PARE? (applicants before Jan15th) Is it still done in Surrey headquarters? After the new process, I checked the RCMP website and it looks like the closest lower mainland applicants can take the test is either in Chiliwack or Victoria.

Also, I guess the new 9 month/1 year PARE period is only valid for new applicant tests?



I did my PARE last September and it was supposed to expire next month. My FC told me I'm not doing it until June because it's being extended for 9 months. So yeah, the 9 month/1year PARE applies to all applicants.


Edit:
Also, I was told by a reliable source that they'll be setting up a PARE testing facility at the YWCA in Vancouver, but won't be up and running til March.


Thanks. I did my PARE back in Aug. So I guess I don't need to do my final one.
Reinsertion - April 14, 2015
RMAQ - May 6, 2015
PARE - Aug 10, 2015 (3.40)
RMSI - July 15, 2015
PEP - Sept 11, 2015
MEDICAL - Dec, 2015
PSYCH - Dec 10, 2015
PSYCH INTERVIEW - Jan 7, 2016
BGI - Feb, 2016
SUITABILITY -Mar, 2016
SC - April, 2016
TROOP - 2!!

User avatar
Depot Web
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:47 am
Location: RCMP Academy, "Depot" Division, Regina, Saskatchewan
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Depot Web » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:Safest assumption is that, for fiscal year 2016 / 2017, there will be somewhere between 12 and 52 Troops stuffed through Depot...maybe.

Yeah, I'd say that's a safe bet.
David Calam
RCMP "Depot" Division

L8BLMR
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby L8BLMR » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:38 pm

rice-boy wrote:
L8BLMR wrote:
rice-boy wrote:Anyone in BC lower mainland recently complete their PARE? (applicants before Jan15th) Is it still done in Surrey headquarters? After the new process, I checked the RCMP website and it looks like the closest lower mainland applicants can take the test is either in Chiliwack or Victoria.

Also, I guess the new 9 month/1 year PARE period is only valid for new applicant tests?



I did my PARE last September and it was supposed to expire next month. My FC told me I'm not doing it until June because it's being extended for 9 months. So yeah, the 9 month/1year PARE applies to all applicants.


Edit:
Also, I was told by a reliable source that they'll be setting up a PARE testing facility at the YWCA in Vancouver, but won't be up and running til March.


Thanks. I did my PARE back in Aug. So I guess I don't need to do my final one.



Perhaps confirm it with your FC just to make sure. Are you just waiting for a troop number?
RCMP BC APPLICANT 2015/2016
TROOP 5 MAY 30-NOV 14 2016

rice-boy
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:56 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby rice-boy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:23 pm

L8BLMR wrote:

Perhaps confirm it with your FC just to make sure. Are you just waiting for a troop number?


I wish. My references are being called right now. Just waiting for final review and security clearance to start.
Reinsertion - April 14, 2015
RMAQ - May 6, 2015
PARE - Aug 10, 2015 (3.40)
RMSI - July 15, 2015
PEP - Sept 11, 2015
MEDICAL - Dec, 2015
PSYCH - Dec 10, 2015
PSYCH INTERVIEW - Jan 7, 2016
BGI - Feb, 2016
SUITABILITY -Mar, 2016
SC - April, 2016
TROOP - 2!!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicant2020, Em123, JEagle10, Snowmantle and 13 guests