RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Mr.Hiker
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Mr.Hiker » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:56 pm

When it comes to the "security clearance" what is all involved or looked at? and for those who have passed it or those who may be more knowledgeable Do all applicants from Divisions get sent to the same department or are there departments assigned to each division?

After following and reading this thread for a while I do understand that there is no magic answer for timing (because obviously I am trying to fish for an "approximate" time frame). I have recently been given my pink slip at work (oil field) and have been at SC stage since Jan 4/16 and have till mid Feb before I need to figure out a game plan.

Any insight may aid me in deciding how to lead my family in this stage. I am trying to maintain positive (hopeful) outlook and tell myself I may get "the call" and should enjoy a couple weeks no work with my wife and kids before I get the opportunity to take my place in a troop!

thanks for any responses ;)
“When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.”
― Paulo Coelho

Mr.Hiker
Rookie Member

Postby Mr.Hiker » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:42 pm

1) Call your recruiter and advise them of the change in your employment status, as they will need to know anyway. While they are on the phone see if they will contact departmental security in order to get a better idea of where things stand based on the fact that you'll obviously need to make arrangements one way or the other.
2) The amount of time departmental security takes will vary, they will have targets they try to hit for processing times that will vary depending on the level of clearance, but depending on the complexity of the file or their workload at a given point in time those aren't hard targets.
3) They don't all get sent to the same place, and it isn't necessarily done by Division or province. If you're in MB, AB, SK, NWT or NU then the majority of the time things will go to Regina, other areas might send their stuff elsewhere depending on workload, etc.
4) The answers you're seeking won't really be available through this website, even if a recruiter reads it and answers you, unless they are your recruiter and have called to check with Departmental Security they are only guessing. I deal with departmental security all the time for non-RM applicant security screening, and there really is no magic formula or realistic estimate, because you never know what it is that they are going to find.[/quote]

1) I have Emailed her the letter HR gave me and have updated my file. Also asked but she wasn't able to get anything solid. A) she has been AMAZING throughout this process and B) I do realize they will answer what they can and I opted to try the forum as you all are uber helpful/insightful (most times ;) )

3) I am from Saskatchewan.

4) in your experience is 1-2 months a realistic expectation?

Thanks again for the response. I do realize this is grasping at straws but it does help maintain the excitement and help get the need to control things that are not in my control under control... 88)
“When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.”
― Paulo Coelho

ehardy
Rookie Member

Postby ehardy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:31 am

areiken wrote:Just found out I passed the polygraph!

Also notified that my file is being handed to another coordinator for the background, medical and final review. Will this at all slow down the process?

I too am in the same boat waiting on.medical. I did my psychology follow up interview two weeks ago. He said he was sending in his report and what not. I figure health services would have heard back by now. Low and behold I spoke with the psychologist office and he is still writing his report amd said it would be sent next week. So if anyone is wondering why medical is taking so long, calling the doctors office to see if things have been sent to health services might be a good idea. It help to have an idea where the information is.
APPLIED: MARCH 2016
GCT2/WCPT: MAY 2016-PASSED
INTERVIEW: DECEMBER 2016-PASSED
SECURITY FORMS RECEIVED: FEBRUARY 2017
PSYCH TEST AND INTERVIEW: MARCH 2017-PASSED
MEDICAL: PASSED
SECURITY INTERVIEW: January 15th 2018
OITP: December 18th, 2017
RIGAUD: February 12, 2018

cbtegr622
Rookie Member

Postby cbtegr622 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Got a terrific phone call today. On the next available troop after my release from the CF!
RPAB-Aug,2014 Passed
PARE-2Apr,2015 Passed
RMSI-30Mar,2015 Passed
PEP-26May,2015
PEP Review-25Aug 2015 Passed
MC-9Oct 2015 Cleared
BGI-2Dec 2015 Passed
PARE #2-28 Oct, 2015 Passed
Suitability Review-2 Dec 2015 Passed
SC-27Jan 2016 Approved
Troop 31

Mr.Hiker
Rookie Member

Postby Mr.Hiker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:28 am

cbtegr622 wrote:Got a terrific phone call today. On the next available troop after my release from the CF!

Congrats!!! that is a terrific call :drinking: . How long till your release?
― Paulo Coelho

trudel12
Rookie Member

Postby trudel12 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:37 am

cbtegr622 wrote:Got a terrific phone call today. On the next available troop after my release from the CF!

Way to go buddy!
Proud to be a mountie
Troop 8 - 2016

mrtm_grl
Rookie Member

Postby mrtm_grl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:06 am

That's great news! Congrats :D
RPAB: 07/14
RPAB RESULTS: 08/14
SP RECEIVED/SENT: 09/14
RMAQ: 10/14
RMSI: 12/14
PARE: 12/14
PEP: 01/15
PEP results: 04/15 Passed
PSYC - 05/15
Medical - 05/15
BGI - 05/15
S/C - 07/15
PARE # 2 - Feb/16
Troop # 32!!! March - September

EagerApplicant
Rookie Member

Postby EagerApplicant » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:44 pm

Congratulations!!

elderly42
Rookie Member

Postby elderly42 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:06 pm

Anyone did the RMAQ call or RMSI lately???

Kernal33
Rookie Member

Postby Kernal33 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:23 pm

elderly42 wrote:Anyone did the RMAQ call or RMSI lately???

Just finished my RMSI yesterday - B.C
E Div Constable

lagoon
Rookie Member

Postby lagoon » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:18 am

elderly42 wrote:Anyone did the RMAQ call or RMSI lately???

Had my RMAQ on the 21st.

cbtegr622
Rookie Member

Postby cbtegr622 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:49 am

Mr.Hiker wrote:

Congrats!!! that is a terrific call :drinking: . How long till your release?

15 March is my last day. Could start retirement leave as early as March 1st though.
RPAB-Aug,2014 Passed
PARE-2Apr,2015 Passed
RMSI-30Mar,2015 Passed
PEP-26May,2015
PEP Review-25Aug 2015 Passed
MC-9Oct 2015 Cleared
BGI-2Dec 2015 Passed
PARE #2-28 Oct, 2015 Passed
Suitability Review-2 Dec 2015 Passed
SC-27Jan 2016 Approved
Troop 31

lexxie
Rookie Member

Postby lexxie » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:38 am

Is it common to get a phone call for a "pep phone review"? Not sure is this is a bad sign that I have been asked to do this or if it's standard. I had my poly and the review will be exactly three weeks after it.

Thank you for your thoughts on this :)