RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Jon.
Sage Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Jon. » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:53 am

Ky529243 wrote:If you are bilingual you would have a good shot at QC/NB though.

They had to create a Quebec spot, and there were none in the maritimes for my troop. You can't go somewhere if there's not even a spot. Not every troop has spots open in the east, it's literally luck of the draw, and time of the year. I graduated on a May 2nd. When we did staffing in the winter the only places open were Manitoba and West. My little brother troops, both of them did staffing in April, and the maritimes both had their limited slots for the year open by then.

And for the ones that truly honestly think that being Bilingual will earn you a slot out east. Then I hope you enjoy Gravelbourg, SK. There's lots of Biligual positions in SK that I know of. Probably in Manitoba and Alberta too. Plus it will just piss off troopmates and facilitators, who will then ensure you don't get what you want. :thumbsup:

Racer_2
Rookie Member

Postby Racer_2 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:42 am

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Ky529243 wrote:
Racer_2 wrote:I just want to know something. I'm from Montreal, QC and going all in to enter the RCMP. However, I know if I do, I will be posted out of province and asigned to a random city within Canada which is not bad. The fact is my girlfriend want to reroll her career too in the meantime so I want to know if it's do-able without living close to a major city. I dont know the schooling system in the other provinces but for us it's putting a little more stress. I'm sure we are not the only couple in the same situation.

Hey Racer,

When they say you can be posted anywhere, take it as is. hope for the best and plan for the worst.

THIS.
Your lady should start learning the meaning of the phrases,"bunnyhug", "VICO", "Co-Op" and "Rural Municipality" (the other RM in our lives!). Any other Contract Policing Division members (active or decrepit) are encouraged to add their local slang phrases.

Yeah im planning for the worst. She's still very kind to push me into it. I brought her to the career presentation to be sure she was all aware we could go ANYWHERE.

However I see this like a life thrill, an adventure. We could only grow up stronger.. or worse :roll: Life goes on!
QC Applicant CBSA
Applied - Jan 15th 2018
SLE - Done already
GTC2 & WCPT - Feb 18
PARE - April 18
Interview - May 18
Sec. Forms - May 18
Psych - May 18
Medical - June 18
Sec. Int - November 18
OITP - February 18th 2019
Rigaud 13D - April 8th 2019

Ashkicker
Rookie Member

Postby Ashkicker » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:30 pm

Finally after more then 2 months I have heard from the medical dept. unfortunately they didn't have any openings for medicals until January. They said I will be contacted for the psychological evaluation in a couple weeks. So it's still hurry up and wait.

Although this should make my wife somewhat happy as she is pregnant and due in March we were kind of worried I would be sent to depot before March as that's what my time line was looking like.
RCMP Applicant
RPAT: 09/14
Package: 11/14
RMAQ: 02/15
RMSI: 04/15
PARE: 04/15
Polygraph: 07/15- Recommended 08/15
Med: 01/16
Pysch: 11/15
BGI: ongoing
Security:

MEB
Rookie Member

Postby MEB » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi,
I applied online last week in RCMP and I was wondering how long did you wait before a recruiter contacted you.

Thanks
MEB

QC Applicant
2015/10/30 - CP
2015/11/18 - BTATPG (4.17/ 5)

Olegator
Rookie Member

Postby Olegator » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi all !

So far so good ! Waiting for the final thumbs up from Medical and to re-run my PARE in Surrey at the end of the month ! Everything else is done !! Hoping for a troop at the beginning of the new year ! MOTIVATION AT 200 % :boxer:

Racer_2
Rookie Member

Postby Racer_2 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:50 pm

MEB wrote:Hi,
I applied online last week in RCMP and I was wondering how long did you wait before a recruiter contacted you.

Thanks

I'm at the same step as you. I'm so motivated that every minutes seem so long!! I can't imagine waiting all the next year lol !! :cuss:
I already filled out all the forms for the selection packages, did all the photocopies needed. I'm training 3-4 times a week and already preparing for the interview, the first test and reading/learning some side stuffs.

I'm so nuts!! :oops: :twisted:
QC Applicant CBSA
Applied - Jan 15th 2018
SLE - Done already
GTC2 & WCPT - Feb 18
PARE - April 18
Interview - May 18
Sec. Forms - May 18
Psych - May 18
Medical - June 18
Sec. Int - November 18
OITP - February 18th 2019
Rigaud 13D - April 8th 2019

Depot Web
Rookie Member
Location: RCMP Academy, "Depot" Division, Regina, Saskatchewan

Postby Depot Web » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:30 pm

Someone asked about this in the Quebec thread. As always, dates are subject to change.

Troop 19 : November 4
Troop 20 : November 18
Troop 21 : November 25
Troop 22 : December 2
Troop 23 : December 30
David Calam
RCMP "Depot" Division

alimartin
Rookie Member

Postby alimartin » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanks

The email you likely received after applying should have said you will hear from a recruiter within 30 days. As for timelines throughout the entire process, it highly varies.

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:02 pm

Racer_2 wrote:

Thanks

I'm at the same step as you. I'm so motivated that every minutes seem so long!! I can't imagine waiting all the next year lol !! :cuss:
I already filled out all the forms for the selection packages, did all the photocopies needed. I'm training 3-4 times a week and already preparing for the interview, the first test and reading/learning some side stuffs.

Less then 30 days but we try to answer under a week

Caroline

Jacksparrow30
Rookie Member

Postby Jacksparrow30 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:26 pm

Hello everyone,

I will be writing my RPAB at the end of this month any tips on how to prepare for this? Ideas will be appreciated...

Waiting on you replies
:D

collin248
Rookie Member

Postby collin248 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Jacksparrow30 wrote:Hello everyone,

I will be writing my RPAB at the end of this month any tips on how to prepare for this? Ideas will be appreciated...

Waiting on you replies
:D

I went to chapters and got one of the book from policeprep, quite expensive but some good tips and a practice test. I haven't applied yet as I am away from home for about a month and I want to get my vision/hearing test done before I submit the application (I know both are good to go as I had them checked about a year ago)

MEB
Rookie Member

Postby MEB » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:49 pm

Racer_2 wrote:

Thanks

Believe me I am going crazy 88) just like you and I have been preparing myself too! I just can't wait! :alright:
MEB

QC Applicant
2015/10/30 - CP

MEB
Rookie Member

Postby MEB » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:18 am

Caroline wrote:
Racer_2 wrote:

Thanks

Less then 30 days but we try to answer under a week

Caroline

Thank you Caroline!
MEB

QC Applicant
2015/10/30 - CP

Vicar1
Rookie Member

Postby Vicar1 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:42 am

MEB wrote:
Racer_2 wrote:

Thanks

Believe me I am going crazy 88) just like you and I have been preparing myself too! I just can't wait! :alright:

Believe me, this is only the beginning of your waiting.
Nov 2014 - CP
Nov 2014 -e-RPAB
Dec 14: SP ✔️
Jan 15: RMAQ ✔️
Mar 15: RMSI ✔️
Mar 15: PARE ✔️
PEP: Apr 15 ✔️
BGI: ✔️
Jul 15 Med/Psych: ✔️
Aug 15 Final suitability: ✔️
PARE#2: Oct 2✔️
Final health: 11-5-15 ✔️
SC: 11-09-15 ✔️
Troop:23

Vicar1
Rookie Member

Postby Vicar1 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:48 am

Final health assessment is booked for this Thursday. Hopefully all goes well. :thumbsup:
Nov 2014 - CP
Nov 2014 -e-RPAB
Dec 14: SP ✔️
Jan 15: RMAQ ✔️
Mar 15: RMSI ✔️
Mar 15: PARE ✔️
PEP: Apr 15 ✔️
BGI: ✔️
Jul 15 Med/Psych: ✔️
Aug 15 Final suitability: ✔️
PARE#2: Oct 2✔️
Final health: 11-5-15 ✔️