RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
RCMP37
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby RCMP37 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:10 pm

LP89CG wrote:well got a nice long deferral this morning. Not really sure what to make of it. There were a handful of reasons, they were discussed at all thru my process but seemed to cause a problem at the end.

hearing the reasons and their understanding of them being said back to me didn't sit well. I obviously hadn't articulated myself well enough for the disclosures to be understood, as well as timelines on them.

I was actually accused of lying and not being forthcoming which floored me because I pride myself on my transparency and integrity. If all else I'll take a deferral but if there is one thing I am, it's honest.

I always felt that my integrity and honesty was the one thing I could control in the application, but even that wasn't enough.

I'd like to think i'll apply again in 4 years, but thats a while away. I'll see what this appeal process is about and if it's worth it at all.

:dropjaw:

When did they accuse you of lying if you passed your PEP??? Thats crappy news, sorry to hear that :?

RCMP37
Rookie Member

Postby RCMP37 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:12 pm

rice-boy wrote:I recently passed my polygraph stage and patiently waiting for my next stage. When I submitted my vision form with my selection package few months ago, it was almost 2 years passed the test date. Is the vision testing done on the medical stage along with all the xrays, blood work, etc. or do I need to update this with my eye doctor again?

My vision was checked again when I had my medical done, I would wait till then, your file coordinator would have told you if you needed it before hand is what i'm thinking

alimartin
Rookie Member

Postby alimartin » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:30 pm

LP89CG wrote:
I'd like to think i'll apply again in 4 years, but thats a while away. I'll see what this appeal process is about and if it's worth it at all.

:dropjaw:

Is the deferral 4 years?

The appeal might be worth doing, who knows.

EastCoast48
Rookie Member

Postby EastCoast48 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Hi- I'm a new poster but have been following the forum for a few months. I have not yet started the process but am working on improving my chances, which brings me to the reason for my post. I've done some volunteer work in the past, but none very recently as life has been busy. I'm looking to get into a few things, but wondered if anything in particular is recommended, or would any community service be okay?
Online App: 04/03/16
SP Completed: 06/10/2016
RMAQ Review: 07/19/2016
File Closed : 08/25/2016 (one year)

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Just find something you will enjoy.
K division.

godfather1515
Rookie Member

Postby godfather1515 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:17 pm

[quote="RCMP37"][quote
Last edited by godfather1515 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azims
Veteran Member

Postby azims » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:36 pm

EastCoast48 wrote:Hi- I'm a new poster but have been following the forum for a few months. I have not yet started the process but am working on improving my chances, which brings me to the reason for my post. I've done some volunteer work in the past, but none very recently as life has been busy. I'm looking to get into a few things, but wondered if anything in particular is recommended, or would any community service be okay?

Volunteer work experience is not a prerequisite for applying to the RCMP neither does it give you an advantage in any shape or form over an applicant who hasn't done any volunteer work. If you are planning on volunteering thinking that it will give you an edge over the rest and this is the only reason why you are doing it then you are highly mistaken.
If you have a lot of time on you and you want to prepare yourself for this career then do fitness training, try to learn more and be knowledgeable about the people who reside in Canada (their communities, dynamics, culture and the list goes on) have more life experiences and all those things that will help you become a better/effective policeman. Policing is more than having a badge and a gun and driving around in fast cars.

DandyLife
Rookie Member

Postby DandyLife » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:48 pm

I strongly agree with azims. The last minute volunteering before applying is so obvious in its intentions. Working on becoming a stronger officer would get you much further ahead. His idea of being more culturally aware is a great one. You could take an online course or do night school on cultural diversity or a religion course.

If you do decide to volunteer, do make it something fun and interesting for yourself. I volunteer with a few people who hate being there. It's like... this isn't a job, you don't HAVE to be here and your negativity makes it less enjoyable for everyone else. I personally love it and have been there for many years. It is something I would miss if I were to be accepted into the RCMP.

EastCoast48
Rookie Member

Postby EastCoast48 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:16 pm

DandyLife wrote:I strongly agree with azims. The last minute volunteering before applying is so obvious in its intentions. Working on becoming a stronger officer would get you much further ahead. His idea of being more culturally aware is a great one. You could take an online course or do night school on cultural diversity or a religion course.

If you do decide to volunteer, do make it something fun and interesting for yourself. I volunteer with a few people who hate being there. It's like... this isn't a job, you don't HAVE to be here and your negativity makes it less enjoyable for everyone else. I personally love it and have been there for many years. It is something I would miss if I were to be accepted into the RCMP.

Thanks to everyone who has responded. While I am looking for new volunteer opportunities, I have been an active community volunteer in the past. I recently took time away for a new baby, and I was just wondering if anything stood out as life at home is settling down.
Regarding improving my physical health, that is currently my top priority, along with second-language training, and a few other things I've taken on to make me more prepared. Thanks so much for your time.
Online App: 04/03/16
SP Completed: 06/10/2016
RMAQ Review: 07/19/2016
File Closed : 08/25/2016 (one year)

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:16 pm

DandyLife wrote:

Isn't this ever true!!
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Spikeit409
Rookie Member

Postby Spikeit409 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:22 pm

I just got the call for troop 22!! So excited to get there and do the training!
Ontario Applicant
RPAB: 04, 2014
SP: 06, 2014
RMSI: 10, 2014
PARE: 12, 2014
PEP: 01, 2015
PEP results: 04, 2015
Med./psych: 07, 2015
BGI: 07, 2015
FR: 08, 2015
SC: 08, 2015 - 10, 2015
Troop 22!

Vees19
Rookie Member

Postby Vees19 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Spikeit409 wrote:I just got the call for troop 22!! So excited to get there and do the training!

Congrats!!!
RCMP Deferred 1 year until Nov 19 2016
EPS Applied -Dec 23
Exam's-Feb 28 ✓
ACPAT-May 2 ✓
PDI-May 3 ✓
Medical-May 4 ✓
Psy Test-May 5 ✓
BDI-May 5 ✓
Psy Interview-May 5 ✓
Poly-May 6 ✓
Background-June 1-June 28 ✓
Final Review-July 11✓
RCT-138 Aug29-Feb10✓

rice-boy
Rookie Member

Postby rice-boy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:03 am

So I was wondering, is suitability review same as final review or are they separate stages? I see that some people have suitability review on their timeline and some don't.
Reinsertion - April 14, 2015
RMAQ - May 6, 2015
PARE - Aug 10, 2015 (3.40)
RMSI - July 15, 2015
PEP - Sept 11, 2015
MEDICAL - Dec, 2015
PSYCH - Dec 10, 2015
PSYCH INTERVIEW - Jan 7, 2016
BGI - Feb, 2016
SUITABILITY -Mar, 2016
SC - April, 2016
TROOP - 2!!

Vees19
Rookie Member

Postby Vees19 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:11 am

rice-boy wrote:So I was wondering, is suitability review same as final review or are they separate stages? I see that some people have suitability review on their timeline and some don't.

I was wondering the same thing for the longest time.... A few recruiters seem to say that they are different but the majority of them say they are the same thing.... A recruiter said this:

Final Suitability is the same thing as final review. Final Suitability is where they conduct the final review and decide if somebody is suitable to become a member. Once the review is completed an NCO must sign off on the report and if you are suitable they then send your file to Departmental Security which is basically where another review takes place but Security would be looking for other things than in the Final Review.
RCMP Deferred 1 year until Nov 19 2016
EPS Applied -Dec 23
Exam's-Feb 28 ✓
ACPAT-May 2 ✓
PDI-May 3 ✓
Medical-May 4 ✓
Psy Test-May 5 ✓
BDI-May 5 ✓
Psy Interview-May 5 ✓
Poly-May 6 ✓
Background-June 1-June 28 ✓
Final Review-July 11✓
RCT-138 Aug29-Feb10✓

Flemminr
Rookie Member

Postby Flemminr » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:52 pm

Do the results of the RMAQ phone interview generally take a long time to process? The interviewer told me I should hear back from my FC with the results in a few days but that was a month ago now.
Cst
D Division