RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
azims
Veteran Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:56 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby azims » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:37 am

JackMack wrote:Quick question,

What are the best shoes to wear for the first two weeks of depot while doing double time. It says comfortable casual dress shoes?? Got some new runners today but wasn't sure what you could wear with a dress shirt, dress pants and a tie that is comfortable to double in? Was told just no boat shoes? What are boat shoes?

Any thoughts?

who told you that you have to double time as soon as you get to Depot ?

Jjfj92
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:09 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Jjfj92 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:52 am

RCMP37 wrote:
Vicar1 wrote:
Jjfj92 wrote:Hey guys, what's up? When we get to the PEP, can we add anything that we missed in the RMAQ? I know the guy I did my RMAQ with said we have up until it, so is that up until the day before or the day of?


I would let your Recruiter know of any "new" information that you failed to write down.


or you can tell the officer doing the polygraph like I did, trust me, he will make you remeber every little detail on the day of your exam and it will all come to you like a load of bricks dropping on your head :banghead:

Haha, cool thanks. I figured that'd be fine. Just don't want to keep emailing my RO for any dumb thing I can think of.
RCMP Applicant
RPAT: 4/15
Package: 4/15
RMAQ: 6/15
PARE: 09/15

JackMack
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:24 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby JackMack » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:27 pm

azims wrote:
JackMack wrote:Quick question,

What are the best shoes to wear for the first two weeks of depot while doing double time. It says comfortable casual dress shoes?? Got some new runners today but wasn't sure what you could wear with a dress shirt, dress pants and a tie that is comfortable to double in? Was told just no boat shoes? What are boat shoes?

Any thoughts?

who told you that you have to double time as soon as you get to Depot ?


My recruiter when I asked about the 1 pair of comfortable casual dress shoes, which I have no idea what comfortable casual dress shoes would be, she advised And I quote "One pair of comfortable casual dress shoes- you will be double timing in them so make them comfortable but no boat shoes." just didn't know if runners as mention above would be ok with dress close in the first two weeks.

either way I just need to know if my normal dress shoes are fine I guess. Or will I be doing physical activity in them. Guess we will see.

azims
Veteran Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:56 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby azims » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:30 pm

..
Last edited by azims on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JackMack
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:24 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby JackMack » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Thanks Azims, can't wait to kill my shins :((

everest
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby everest » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:43 pm

Was anyone asked to re-write the psych test in lieu of meeting with a psychologist? Been in medical clearance since May. Just a little concerned about being deferred when I provide the same answers again on Monday morning.
Image
09.22.14 RPAB
12.01.14 RMAQ
12.21.14 PARE
01.27.15 RMSI
03.02.15 PEP
04.13.15 PEP Res
05.11.15 BGI
06.10.15 Psych
06.26.15 Suit
08.10.15 Psych2
08.25.15 CP
09.27.15 PARE2
11.26.15 Med
12.11.15 SC
01.13.16 TROOP 25

LP89CG
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 12:35 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby LP89CG » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:09 pm

everest wrote:Was anyone asked to re-write the psych test in lieu of meeting with a psychologist? Been in medical clearance since May. Just a little concerned about being deferred when I provide the same answers again on Monday morning.


You can look up MMPI-2 on wikipedia and such. Google will probably tell you more about why you have to re-write. I believe (you can find out for yourself by googling it, im not 100%) that based on the answers you gave it came back with an inconsistent answers... (google: TRIN scale MMPI-2) or really dont do it till after you write. sometimes too much insight ruins the functionality of a test.

Also, with the volume of questions on the test, if you were to answer them all the exact same and found out I would buy a lottery ticket because A) that would be pretty amazing and B) your luck, or lack of luck pulling the same result, might rub off on to lotto max ticket then you could become an investor and never have to worry about psychological testing ever again. If you play your money right you might not have to worry about much at all ever again. :thumbsup:

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:51 am
Location: Montréal
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Caroline » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:14 pm

everest wrote:Was anyone asked to re-write the psych test in lieu of meeting with a psychologist? Been in medical clearance since May. Just a little concerned about being deferred when I provide the same answers again on Monday morning.



Just be honest in your answers, don't try to think what should I answer or what do they want to hear. Just be you and true.

Caroline

Malibu
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:01 pm
Location: The Range
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Malibu » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:18 pm

everest wrote:Was anyone asked to re-write the psych test in lieu of meeting with a psychologist? Been in medical clearance since May. Just a little concerned about being deferred when I provide the same answers again on Monday morning.


Ha! Welcome to the club. Myself and a lot of guys had to rewrite. Calm down and relax for it.....if you try to give the same answers or answers you think they want you'll fuck it up. If they think you have possible issues they'll then have the psych sit down with you to see if your crazy or just odd, although we hire lots from both categories so it likely doesn't matter.
***POLICE CONSTABLE***

User avatar
RCMP37
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:02 am
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby RCMP37 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:35 am

brh057 wrote:I am scheduled to have lasik done on August 27th and am intending to re-insert into the application process. Is there a required amount of time I must wait after getting lasik to complete my eye exam for the RCMP application?

Brent.


Hey Brent, I had to wait 30 days after getting Lasik done in February to have the form filled out again. I would wait maybe a little longer than 30 days though, my results after Lasik got really good after 45 days-60 days after surgery.

Good luck Brent

Moved from "Ask aN RCMP Recruiter" due to well-known reasons by Moderator Pete Broccolo, who hates repeating himself even more than does VanSmack.

Cherilyn
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:52 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Cherilyn » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:41 pm

So hubby is in the secret clearance phase and talked to a risk assessment investigator this morning, the investigator did have a concern, but said he would review his file and write up a report. Informed hubby next step would either be a phone call for depot, or his file gets sent to Ottawa deferred. Anyone else have this happen? Normal? Really hoping for good news!

User avatar
dmifflin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:52 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby dmifflin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:00 pm

.
Last edited by dmifflin on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azims
Veteran Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:56 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby azims » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Cherilyn wrote:So hubby is in the secret clearance phase and talked to a risk assessment investigator this morning, the investigator did have a concern, but said he would review his file and write up a report. Informed hubby next step would either be a phone call for depot, or his file gets sent to Ottawa deferred. Anyone else have this happen? Normal? Really hoping for good news!

If you don't mind me asking, why are you discussing and sharing ur spouse's sel. process on a public forum. If he didn't feel the need to discuss his process with strangers maybe he doesn't want ppl to know about it.....
There is a separate thread for spouses of applicants... I am not a moderator nor do I care who posts here but it just sounds a lil odd to me...

Cherilyn
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:52 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Cherilyn » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:36 pm

azims wrote:
Cherilyn wrote:So hubby is in the secret clearance phase and talked to a risk assessment investigator this morning, the investigator did have a concern, but said he would review his file and write up a report. Informed hubby next step would either be a phone call for depot, or his file gets sent to Ottawa deferred. Anyone else have this happen? Normal? Really hoping for good news!

If you don't mind me asking, why are you discussing and sharing ur spouse's sel. process on a public forum. If he didn't feel the need to discuss his process with strangers maybe he doesn't want ppl to know about it.....
There is a separate thread for spouses of applicants... I am not a moderator nor do I care who posts here but it just sounds a lil odd to me...



Thanks for the reply. I apologize that you find it odd that I'm asking a question in regards to my husbands process. I am very much a part of his process and fully support him chasing his dream. Obviously it's reassuring to read that others have experienced the same things, any information i recieve in here is relayed to him. I guess I just have more time to be on these forums than he does. I will be sure to take a peek around for the spouse of applicants forum, I'm new on here and didn't realize that they had one :).

GoodWitness
Rookie Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:25 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby GoodWitness » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:58 pm

Cherilyn wrote:So hubby is in the secret clearance phase and talked to a risk assessment investigator this morning, the investigator did have a concern, but said he would review his file and write up a report. Informed hubby next step would either be a phone call for depot, or his file gets sent to Ottawa deferred. Anyone else have this happen? Normal? Really hoping for good news!


Related to the info in your other post, by any chance?
Good morning :)

Newbie here! Some of my immediate family members have colourful criminal records, I do not have much contact with them except by phone. I was not raised by them and have never lived their lifestyle. Would this have an effect on my husband being recruited? I would hate from my family to ruin his chances! Thank you for your help :)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 5pointoh, applicant2020, perseus39, SemrushBot, Zepedder and 8 guests