RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Chris_53

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Chris_53 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:59 pm

samantha_j12 wrote:Can anybody confirm if there will be an all female troop within the next few months? I've heard recently there would be.

Never heard of it, and I see absolutely no point to it.

samantha_j12
Rookie Member

Postby samantha_j12 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Ok, thanks. Just checking.. I never heard tell of it before myself until the other day. The constable doing my background check mentioned an all female troop to my instructor at school.
Troop 9
May 7 - October 28

samantha_j12
Rookie Member

Postby samantha_j12 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:40 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Chris_53 wrote:
samantha_j12 wrote:Can anybody confirm if there will be an all female troop within the next few months? I've heard recently there would be.

Never heard of it, and I see absolutely no point to it.

You mean like the all-aboriginal troop, the all-Inuit troop, that all-Alberta troop, the all-french troop, etc, etc, etc?

Given the current political environment surrounding females and the RCMP, I can see them trying to pull something like this in the name of "increasing female representation in the Force." I don't agree with it, just like I don't agree with pooling applicants based on gender or minority status. I resent the fact that someone with a shitty RPAT score and a PARE time approaching 5 minutes gets a better shot at getting hired than someone with far more competitive scores does, just because of their genetic circumstances. It's even worse when a person with those circumstances brags about it, they should be embarrassed that they are only competitive because of that instead of their actual qualifications.

I find it pretty pathetic how I'm new on here and I can't post anything without getting criticized! And it has absolutely nothing to do with me being a female with a shitty pare time and RPAT score, it's where I'm located. I figured the maturity level on this forum would be much higher than whet it is, but I guess I'm wrong again!
Troop 9
May 7 - October 28

samantha_j12
Rookie Member

Postby samantha_j12 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:46 pm

And never once did I brag, go back and READ. I said "LOL, oh how I love being a minority" kidding around because someone said I was flying through the process because I was female. Jeez, VanSmack, you must really hate women!
Troop 9
May 7 - October 28

brihard
Rookie Member

Postby brihard » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:10 am

I see no way this can possibly go wrong.

mmiskiman
Rookie Member

Postby mmiskiman » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:45 am

:popcorn:

johnq

Postby johnq » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:02 am

Somebody get shooey on the phone, I really think he needs to be here to witness this.

Brandy
Rookie Member

Postby Brandy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:09 am

Great to see some new people on here, and that some of the "oldies" are getting into Depot. Save a seat for me! I sure hope I will get my call soon, I really don't want a "letter"...

atari101
Rookie Member

Postby atari101 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 am

It sounds awful to say almost because of the stigma which gets associated to people who speak the truth, but you are right. A white-male has to be a lot more competitive to get into the RCMP, or any police agency for that matter.

To play devils advocate though, there really is no easy-fix to giving the RCMP minority representation. Look at the number of white-male applicants to native applicants, yet the RCMP has an obligation to the communities being served for diverse representation. Female body types are also biologically different than males, hence the division in sports, etc.

Malibu
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Malibu » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:32 am

What needs to happen is the RCMP grows some balls. Remove the person's name, gender, age and physical make up. Rank them based on scores and interviews when start putting them into Depot from the top of the list down. No one likes to talk down on political correctness, but it's the damn truth. You may wonder why so many white males make up the force? Maybe it's becaue they make up the highest number of applicants therefore there are more of them that meet the requirements. Truth hurts sometimes.
***POLICE CONSTABLE***

mmiskiman
Rookie Member

Postby mmiskiman » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:53 am

in other news, sent in my eye exam that went missing somewhere between edmonton, regina, and back to edmonton. (and somehow out of every photocopy that i have in my glorious stack of paperwork) that should conclude my med/psych portion! :D

also, as someone who lurked these forums for a long time before actually starting to post things...perhaps people should do that... a little more... instead of piping up and then getting offended. Not that i would get offended, its the internet lol