*** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Pete Broccolo

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Pete Broccolo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:07 pm

Fallenwas wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:15 pm
Do you guys think that education is a must? I'm 20 and I'm planning on becoming a truck driver within the next couple months and plan on doing that for at least 2 years before applying to the RCMP... Do you think I should go back to school after those two years or just continue to do truck driving and apply. I know truck driving pays well but I have always wanted to become a cop and sitting in a classroom is not something I particularly enjoy doing. I know that at depot that's basically what it is, (learning) but I'd rather spend two years making enough money to be financially stable than worrying about paying for school and my bills at the same time.
Gaining of knowledge is ALWAYS a good thing...as long as you do your own cost / benefit analysis.

Depot WILL be a LOT of everything - class, gym, range, drill, scenario, driving.

Exercise, bank sheckles, don't be stupid, be patient...and do not belly-ache that you have not been sufficiently warned about life in a saddle.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)

New_BC
Rookie Member

Postby New_BC » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:24 pm

Can anyone comment on how a speeding ticket could affect my application? I recently did the poly and feel it went well but I had a speeding ticket in early August. I’m not sure how much that would affect my SC if/when it comes to that. This is the only speeding ticket I’ve had in my life and I realize it couldn’t of come at a worse time

dominicL
Rookie Member

Postby dominicL » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:12 am

Hi ! I will be in a Bilingual troop really soon. But i must start with a 3 month in english learning and my Recruiting Analyst dont really have info about this part.

My question are like: Do we only learn english for 3 month or we must do something else.
What is a typical week in this 3 month and what i must expect and be ready for ?

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:01 pm

In this thread, hopefuls and applicants may post QUESTIONS, and Ont. RCMP Recruiter, Depot Web, Caroline (who seems to be busy, so who knows?!), VanSmack, or me, are the ONLY forum members allowed to post ANSWERS.

The hopeful / applicant that posed the ORIGINAL question may post a thank-you for the answer provided, as well as a follow-up question about the answer if clarification is required.

A hopeful / applicant who answers another hopeful's / applicant's question here will, GENERALLY, have their post DELETED, but it MIGHT be moved to the General Chit-Chat thread.

Another RCMP RM who answers a question here will, generally, have their post moved to the General Chit-Chat thread.

Any RCMP RM currently on a Recruiting Unit, who would like to answer hopefuls' / applicants' questions here, is welcome to contact Dave Brown, from your RCMP eMail address, so that DB can first check out your bona fides, plus will probably go on and on AND ON about firearms and ammunition or some other crap, THEN he can let DW, VS, O.R.R., and me, know that you are able to carry some of this thread's work with the rest of us. FYI: the forum coffee machine is broken, and NO pin-up posters of DiveCop are allowed.

Unluckyguy
Rookie Member

Postby Unluckyguy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Hello everyone,

I´ve been reading this page for a year but it is my first and probably last time posting.
Hopefully Caroline will answer but obviously any help from anyone else would be helpful.

After going through a year in the process, rmaq, right fit interview and field investigation all passed, I have now been deferred for 3 years after the polygraph examination.

In the letter of conclusion of my file they did not mention the reasons for the deferral. I was wondering if they eventually give me any reasons, and/or if by law they have to give them to me. Specially with the privacy act now in favour of this generally. I am not sure if this process applies to the act but I am guessing it does from what I have read.

Obviously I tried to contact them about it and they said they have no further information on my file. So I was wondering which office might have that information and if it is retrievable. As obviously they did not answer me back when I asked them.

Ont. RCMP Recruiter

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:19 am

Morning Unluckyguy,

The letter you received is as far as we would go with reason(s) for deferral. Your only option unfortunately would be to submit an access to information request. There is no recruiting office that will retrieve this information and share this with you.

Imran

BadBoys4Life
Rookie Member

Postby BadBoys4Life » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi there,

Im new here and im getting ready to apply to a few police services. I currently have a gf that has made me aware that she has a criminal record from 10 years ago. When she was about 17-18 years of age. She is now 31, enrolled in university in a honours program (business), owns her own business and is a law clerk. She may also be receiving a pardon soon for the offense. I currently live with her and my car is under her name for insurance purposes. Will this raise a redflag for the police service or will they look at how she made a complete 360 from a young age.

The charges were all indictable and there about 10 of them between the span of 2 years. They are all fraud related, over (conspiracy, fake id and cards)

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:51 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:01 pm
In this thread, hopefuls and applicants may post QUESTIONS, and Ont. RCMP Recruiter, Depot Web, Caroline (who seems to be busy, so who knows?!), VanSmack, or me, are the ONLY forum members allowed to post ANSWERS.

The hopeful / applicant that posed the ORIGINAL question may post a thank-you for the answer provided, as well as a follow-up question about the answer if clarification is required.

A hopeful / applicant who answers another hopeful's / applicant's question here will, GENERALLY, have their post DELETED, but it MIGHT be moved to the General Chit-Chat thread.

Another RCMP RM who answers a question here will, generally, have their post moved to the General Chit-Chat thread.

Any RCMP RM currently on a Recruiting Unit, who would like to answer hopefuls' / applicants' questions here, is welcome to contact Dave Brown, from your RCMP eMail address, so that DB can first check out your bona fides, plus will probably go on and on AND ON about firearms and ammunition or some other crap, THEN he can let DW, VS, O.R.R., and me, know that you are able to carry some of this thread's work with the rest of us. FYI: the forum coffee machine is broken, and NO pin-up posters of DiveCop are allowed.
Quoted to remind those concerned why I deleted their posts today.
No apology required, whether quoting this warning or not, just stop doing it.