*** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Pete Broccolo

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Pete Broccolo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:26 pm

whatsmy10-20 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:47 pm
I thought I might post this question here before I contact recruiting formally;

I reapplied for the RCMP December 21st and I am going on three weeks without hearing so much as a word back from recruiting. Last time I applied they sent me the package of files to be completed within 10 days.

Is it worth contacting recruiting regarding the status of my application or should I just assume that they are still playing catch up from the holidays?

Thank you.
Wait until 2019-01-21 then contact them.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC & NPF supporter
Husband, Dad, F-I-L, & Grampa

whatsmy10-20
Rookie Member

Postby whatsmy10-20 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:26 pm
whatsmy10-20 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:47 pm
I thought I might post this question here before I contact recruiting formally;

I reapplied for the RCMP December 21st and I am going on three weeks without hearing so much as a word back from recruiting. Last time I applied they sent me the package of files to be completed within 10 days.

Is it worth contacting recruiting regarding the status of my application or should I just assume that they are still playing catch up from the holidays?

Thank you.
Wait until 2019-01-21 then contact them.
Thank you Pete, much appreciated.
CSC Contractor

RCMP Applicant (BC)
Applied: 2018/12/21

ics6600
Rookie Member

Postby ics6600 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:52 am

Good day sir,
i came here to ask few questions about the application.
last year i got my PR and start my education on aircraft maintenance.but i really want to be a member of RCMP.

1. I only have a high school diploma, can i make it through the last stage?

2. I heard RCMP is hiring more visible minority this year, does it mean processing time will be shorten for VM?

Thank you so much.

ikong0621
Rookie Member

Postby ikong0621 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:55 pm

Hello recruiter,

I am currently preparing to apply for the RCMP Cadet Training Program (applying in March or April after my Lasik surgery), and I have looked into the lifestyle questionnaire online.

For Question #11 on page 7, "Within the last 5 years, have you ever operated a motorized vehicle or vessel (includes all-terrain, snowmobile, boat, etc.) in an unsafe or distracted manner (texting, speeding, etc.)?", what is considered as an "unsafe manner" regarding speeding? Like is following the flow of the traffic on a highway considered as an "unsafe manner"? Or are recruiters just referring to crazy driving behaviour like driving 80 in a 50 zone? I have never committed any distracted driving, like texting while driving, but I am pretty sure I have been over the speed limit couple times to follow the flow of the traffic on a highway.

Appreciate the response and thank you for the time.

Ivan K
CBSA
Applied - 2019/02/08
OTEE - 2019/03/15 PASS
Interview - TBA

RCMP
Applied - 2019/05/01
SP Sub - 2019/05/18
SP Rec - 2019/05/27
Additional Info Provided - 2019/05/27

Vancouver Police Department
Applied - 2019/05/11
Deferred for 1 year - 2019/05/22 :(

Kfry
Rookie Member

2 year deferral

Postby Kfry » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:37 pm

Good afternoon

For the past year and a bit I have been reading a bunch of these post as I went through the recruiting process . So I have finally registered to this forum to be able to ask questions . A year ago I was deferred for 2 years at the suitability section of recruitment process for a few things I disclosed in my past . The things I have done in my past are in the past . But whenI I reply in a year they will be brought up again . I understand since they are giving me a opportunity again to reply in 2 years , a year now I’m hoping I won’t just get deferred again cause of the same issues . Just wondering if the recruiters can do this .

I appreciate your time and I am up for any advice you can give me while I wait the last year out before I can re apply .

Thank you

Pete Broccolo

Re: 2 year deferral

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:36 pm

Kfry wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:37 pm
Good afternoon

For the past year and a bit I have been reading a bunch of these post as I went through the recruiting process . So I have finally registered to this forum to be able to ask questions . A year ago I was deferred for 2 years at the suitability section of recruitment process for a few things I disclosed in my past . The things I have done in my past are in the past . But whenI I reply in a year they will be brought up again . I understand since they are giving me a opportunity again to reply in 2 years , a year now I’m hoping I won’t just get deferred again cause of the same issues . Just wondering if the recruiters can do this .

I appreciate your time and I am up for any advice you can give me while I wait the last year out before I can re apply .

Thank you
It depends on the issue; no, do not explain it here, as none of us can evaluate it in the open, and DO NOT SEND AN UNSOLICITED MESSAGE TO ANY OF US TO DISCUSS THIS IN PRIVATE, AS WE WILL NOT DO THAT, BUT WE WILL POST THE MESSAGE HERE AS A FURTHER WARNING TO EVERYONE.

The best advice is, do not repeat whatever it was that was the issue, work on correcting whatever the issue was, and be prepared to explain what you have done to address it. However, it may STILL be so much of an issue that you will NOT be accepted.

Actions have repercussions.
MPPAC & NPF supporter

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:37 pm

ikong0621 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:55 pm
Hello recruiter,

I am currently preparing to apply for the RCMP Cadet Training Program (applying in March or April after my Lasik surgery), and I have looked into the lifestyle questionnaire online.

For Question #11 on page 7, "Within the last 5 years, have you ever operated a motorized vehicle or vessel (includes all-terrain, snowmobile, boat, etc.) in an unsafe or distracted manner (texting, speeding, etc.)?", what is considered as an "unsafe manner" regarding speeding? Like is following the flow of the traffic on a highway considered as an "unsafe manner"? Or are recruiters just referring to crazy driving behaviour like driving 80 in a 50 zone? I have never committed any distracted driving, like texting while driving, but I am pretty sure I have been over the speed limit couple times to follow the flow of the traffic on a highway.

Ivan K
Stay calm, do not over-think this, and be honest in your answers; this goes for everyone.
MPPAC & NPF supporter

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:39 pm

ics6600 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:52 am
Good day sir,
i came here to ask few questions about the application.
last year i got my PR and start my education on aircraft maintenance.but i really want to be a member of RCMP.

1. I only have a high school diploma, can i make it through the last stage?

2. I heard RCMP is hiring more visible minority this year, does it mean processing time will be shorten for VM?

Thank you so much.
Take the time to read through this thread, the Applicant Chit Chat thread, and your Province of residence specific applicant discussion thread, if we have one.
MPPAC & NPF supporter

ikong0621
Rookie Member

Postby ikong0621 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:42 am

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:37 pm
ikong0621 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:55 pm
Hello recruiter,

Ivan K
Stay calm, do not over-think this, and be honest in your answers; this goes for everyone.
Hi Pete, thanks for the insight. I guess I am just overthinking the question a bit.
CBSA
Applied - 2019/02/08
OTEE - 2019/03/15 PASS
Interview - TBA

RCMP
Applied - 2019/05/01
SP Sub - 2019/05/18
SP Rec - 2019/05/27
Additional Info Provided - 2019/05/27

Vancouver Police Department
Applied - 2019/05/11
Deferred for 1 year - 2019/05/22 :(

Glasgow
Rookie Member

Postby Glasgow » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:16 pm

Good Day

To the recruiting team that monitors this sight, it may have been answered already in this posting. My deferal is up how to I re establish my application process, and were so I start from

Thank you for you assistance on this matter

MB66
Rookie Member

Postby MB66 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:15 am

Hi everyone,
I am hoping someone can answer a question about the entrance exam. I am a red seal electrician, and my recruiter in BC said I may be exempt from the entrance exam. Can anyone confirm this?

Pete Broccolo

Re: 2 year deferral

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:04 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:36 pm
Kfry wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:37 pm
Good afternoon

Thank you
It depends on the issue; no, do not explain it here, as none of us can evaluate it in the open, and DO NOT SEND AN UNSOLICITED MESSAGE TO ANY OF US TO DISCUSS THIS IN PRIVATE, AS WE WILL NOT DO THAT, BUT WE WILL POST THE MESSAGE HERE AS A FURTHER WARNING TO EVERYONE.

The best advice is, do not repeat whatever it was that was the issue, work on correcting whatever the issue was, and be prepared to explain what you have done to address it. However, it may STILL be so much of an issue that you will NOT be accepted.

Actions have repercussions.
"Sent: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:42 am
Recipient: Pete Broccolo

Hey Pete,

I have applied for the RCMP just recently. I have a question about the RMAQ.
When I was in my mid teens (16), three of my friends at the time and I went out for pizza. On the drive home, one of the guys asked to pull over and got out and went from car to car attempting to open them. He got into a couple and then proceeded to do more. One of the other guys in the car decided to join him doing other cars. Total they go into maybe 10 cars. Now the drive and I were still waiting for them but we didn't participate ourselves. But we also didn't do anything to stop them or discourage them.
On the RMAQ it asks about group / gang related offenses, would this be considered?
To this day, it haunts me that I participated in this. Nobody was ever caught, and nothing was ever put into the news. One of the guys (the driver who stayed in the car with me) is currently an Alberta Sheriff. Now I have no problem disclosing this on the RMAQ, but it states at the top, that one is not to apply if they have assisted with a robbery. Would this count?

Thanks for your help."
MPPAC & NPF supporter

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:08 am

"Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***
Sent: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:24 pm
Recipient: Pete Broccolo

Good afternoon,

I hope your week has started off well. I am hoping to ask a question in relation to applying to the RCMP.

Unfortunately, several years ago (2013), my finances were very week due to being off work from a car accident... I have long been on the mend however my credit score took a significant hit. At the time I was advised to file a consumer proposal which was shortly after annulled due to the payments being hard to keep up with.

The annulment was three years ago, my question is if this would disqualify me for applying? I understand it says no "active bankruptcies/ consumer proposals". I am wondering if an annulled one would mean the same?

Thank you in advance"
Apply and discuss with Recruiting.

NO UNSOLICITED PM, SUCH AS ABOVE, ARE TO BE SENT TO ADMINISTRATORS OR MODERATORS, AS HAS BEEN STATED NUMEROUS TIMES, OTHERWISE THEY WILL BE POSTED, AS PER ABOVE, AS, AGAIN, HAS BEEN STATED, AND DONE, NUMEROUS TIMES.
MPPAC & NPF supporter

rcmpnl
Rookie Member

Postby rcmpnl » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:20 am

Hello Sir,

Just wondering what does the RCMP do to prepare recruits for the traumatic and disturbing things they will see and deal with in their career?

I am very interested in a career as an RCMP officer but I also don't want to end up as a PTSD statistic.

Thank you for your time!

Depot Web
Lord of the Poobahs
Location: RCMP Academy, "Depot" Division, Regina, Saskatchewan

Postby Depot Web » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:25 pm

rcmpnl wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:20 am
Hello Sir,

Just wondering what does the RCMP do to prepare recruits for the traumatic and disturbing things they will see and deal with in their career?

I am very interested in a career as an RCMP officer but I also don't want to end up as a PTSD statistic.

Thank you for your time!
We use a program that was developed by the Department of National Defence called the Road to Mental Readiness (R2MR). This is being used by many agencies across Canada.

We have also partnered with the University of Regina on a multi-year study following members starting at their arrival at Depot and for five years in the field. The more we can learn more about how Operational Stress Injuries develop, the better job we can do preparing our members and all first responders to deal with the realities of the job.

You can find out more about the study here:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/gazette/studying-stress
David Calam
RCMP "Depot" Division