*** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Depot Web
Lord of the Poobahs
Location: RCMP Academy, "Depot" Division, Regina, Saskatchewan

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Depot Web » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:12 pm

chmor wrote:I have a question for Depotweb or Vansmack.

I was deffered till 01-Apr-19 at final suitability. My question for you is, is it common to be deffered a 2nd time for the same reason after your deferral time has lapsed?
I can't comment on how common something is as I'm not involved with the recruiting process.
David Calam
RCMP "Depot" Division

trans277

Postby trans277 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:35 pm

Hey, guys!

I sent my file coordinator an email on epost but I figure I'll post the question here too since I might get a faster response and the question is not specific to my file.

One major concern I have is with character references. I only had two jobs to list on the security forms and I only have one reference to list. Going into this process, I was hoping that I could use some of my college instructors for references. I absolutely feel that my college instructors can better testify to my qualities than my work references. I believe this since my work is largely independent and follows a "no news is good news" approach to judging character. My college instructors, on the other hand, have spent two years in an environment where they can see my attendance, passion for my studies and quality of work, among other characteristics the RCMP may be interested in.

So, my question to you is: will I have the opportunity to provide college instructors as references? If so, when? I am concerned looking at form 330-60 and seeing one reference. Can I include some college instructors on that form despite them not being listed on the OLISS?

EDIT: Someone private messaged me and my FC replied to my email. Question answered. Thank you

Ram_85
Rookie Member

Postby Ram_85 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:21 am

hello
can a recruiter plz help me out here?
so i had my polygraph in jan 2 ,2018 i had a follow up one week later and then my results were sent to an nco to get signed off. since jan 12th 2018 i'm waiting for an nco to sign off my polygraph results . i keep asking my recruiter about it but she keeps saying there is no news. having said that they changed my recruiter in mid february. i'm not sure if my file is lost or etc... but i'm damn sure this waiting period is not normal.there is no phone number to call and when i contact my first recruiter it goes to voicemail.i left like 20 msgs so far and again no follow up or whatsoever. can you guys help me out here please.at least give me a contact number or someone who can help me out here its been almost 7 months now that im waiting for an nco for a signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you for taking your time to read this.
cheers

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:09 am

Ram_85 wrote:hello
so i had my polygraph in jan 2 ,2018 i had a follow up one week later and then my results were sent to an nco to get signed off. since jan 12th 2018 i'm waiting for an nco to sign off my polygraph results . i keep asking my recruiter about it but she keeps saying there is no news. having said that they changed my recruiter in mid february. i'm not sure if my file is lost or etc... but i'm damn sure this waiting period is not normal.there is no phone number to call and when i contact my first recruiter it goes to voicemail.i left like 20 msgs so far and again no follow up or whatsoever. can you guys help me out here please.at least give me a contact number or someone who can help me out here its been almost 7 months now that im waiting for an nco for a signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers
Look at:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/contact-a-recruiter
Pick the Province or Territory you are living in.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC & NPF supporter
Husband, Dad, F-I-L, & Grampa

VanSmack

Postby VanSmack » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:04 pm

Ram_85 wrote:hello
cheers
First of all, capitals matter. You were able to hit the exclamation point 46 times (Donald Trump syndrome?) but couldn’t be bothered to push the shift key about 20 or so times as you were typing this out? When people write like this they look like middle school kids in their comminucation, hold yourself to a higher standard than that.

Next, how exactly do you know what “normal” is for an application. Are you a recruiter? Do you have some intimate knowledge of the recruiting process that the overwhelming majority of people don’t have, especially those not directly involved? Did someone in a position to actually know tell you that it isn’t “normal”?

The reason you probably got a new recruiter is likely because your previous recruiter transferred to a new position, and that’s likely why they aren’t calling you back, because they aren’t getting your voicemails, and wouldn’t have any information for you even if they did. When you’ve continuously asked your current recruiter and they indicated there was no news, that’s probably a good sign your file isn’t lost, otherwise the first time your recruiter would have told you outright that he/she has no idea who you are and where your file stands, because they wouldn’t have anything to refer to. The fact that you’ve spoken to this person on what appears to be an incessant basis would almost certainly rule out your file being lost, because even if the person didn’t have it the first time, they probably would have gone looking for it after the second or third call.

As far as a phone number to call someone else, what exactly would you expect to get out of that? You’d end up talking to someone who’s almost certainly never heard of you, has no idea what may be holding your file up, because they’ve never seen your file or talked to anyone about it, and in all likelihood would just refer you back to your recruiter anyway. Besides that, you’ve not even been offered a spot in training and you’re already looking to circumvent the chain of command? How’s that going to reflect on you? How’s about you just trust that the police officers and public servants who do this for a living are actually doing their jobs and that you’re one small part in a massive machine processing thousands of applications a year spread out over multiple offices?

If you have a specific question for your recruiter, ask them. If they tell you that they have no news for you and will call you if anything changes, maybe give them the benefit of the doubt that they will actually follow through on that. If you’re calling them more frequently than perhaps every 5-6 weeks, you’re probably doing more to slow down the recruiting process for everyone who that recruiter is processing paperwork for than you are actually helping your chances.
When people get too chummy with me, I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don’t really care about them.

Canuckulhead

Postby Canuckulhead » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Maybe an obvious answer, but for me I really need to be careful. It recently received a troop offer I had to decline for a few months due to family health issues, so I know I need to be squeaky clean until I'm at Depot and of course, going forward. That isn't an issue for me, however, I had been deferred 3x by the RCMP and 2 of which revolved around friends and recreational drugs. I worked very hard and distanced myself from anyone who I know did anything illegal, including soft drugs.

My question is this, has the RCMP decided on what their stance with pot legalization is going to be? I am not talking about suddenly becoming friends with those I distanced myself from, as I have grown up from them, but more concerning friends i ha e now who are planning on using pot once it's legal. I won't be using even if the RCMP say it's ok for applicants as I just don't like it, but I'd hate to lose more friends over something now considered legal.

Has the force touched on this yet as we near legalization?

Like I said probably an obvious answer, but I've worked to hard to get to this point to throw it away over something so stupid.
BC Applicant -

Accepted RCMP August 2018 - Declined at the time due to child health care issues

April 2019 - Accepted Offer with New Westminster Police- May 2019 JI Start

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Again, an applicant has chosen to not read these threads thoroughly, particularly the part about NOT contacting me, VanSmack, Caroline, Depot Web, Ont. RCMP Recruiter, or some other serving RCMP member, without first being reached out to by one of us to offer a private consultation about their issue...which we would probably not do, and tell them to speak to their Recruiting Office.

I am posting the PM I received, with identifying details redacted but bolded, as ANOTHER warning:

"I have a bit of a sticky situation and have exhausted all possible venues available to me in search of my answer.

In 2016 I was given a lifetime deferral with PS #2 for disclosing something on my pre polygraph questionnaire which I was told NOT to disclose by PS #1 (I live in PS #1's area).

I disclosed the information because I was under the impression I am to be 100 percent honest in my application, in my deferral, the PS #2 officer told me he is giving me a lifetime deferral because I disclosed something I was told not to disclose and told me I can no longer be trusted. That was the reasoning.

The PS #1 officer that instructed me to not share the information I shared told me the next time somebody calls him to verify the disclosure I made he will charge me for breaching a non disclosure contract I signed.

Now I'm currently in the application process with the RCMP.

*Im not sure what to say where it asks "which other police agencies have you applied to?"

Because when I disclose that I was given a lifetime deferral with PS #2 they will ask why, and when I tell them why I'm afraid they will contact PS #1 and then in doing so I will find myself charged by PS #1 and royally screwed in my rcmp application.

I desperately want to be honest and not hide this from my current application because I do not want to be deceptive.

I don't know what to do."

Whether or not the quoted information is the sum of all factors affecting this applicant's situation, I neither know, nor care to.

To the forum member that sent me the PM and everyone else: follow all application directions of the Service that you are applying for, and they will make the call as to whether or not you are acceptable for their Service, after conducting their own investigation. If you are subject of a lifetime ban from ever again applying to a (number of) previously-applied-to Service(s), some other Service MIGHT be willing to overlook the reason for the ban, but that is up to the subsequent Service, and none of us can overturn that.
MPPAC & NPF supporter

VanSmack

Postby VanSmack » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:31 pm

Whoever that was is lucky Pete’s a softer touch than I am, I wouldn’t have edited it out the way he did.
When people get too chummy with me, I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don’t really care about them.

jsfleming
Rookie Member

Postby jsfleming » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:47 am

I'm looking for a little advice.

2 years ago, I was deferred after doing the polygraph (for 2 years).
I have since reflected on the reasons why and I am looking to re-apply. But my issue is in that 2 years, I have recalled things that I did not disclose, nothing extremely serious, petty theft when I was a kid, a school yard fight.
My thought process here is I have had 2 years to reflect on this test and I want to be as open and honest as possible.
But after cruising through these fourms, I am seeing 2-5 year deferrals for similar reasons to my own.
I understand everyones file is different, but I am reserving myself to the fact that I will likely be deferred again.
I'm looking for someones thoughts on my issue

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:41 pm

jsfleming wrote:I'm looking for a little advice.

2 years ago, I was deferred after doing the polygraph (for 2 years).
I have since reflected on the reasons why and I am looking to re-apply. But my issue is in that 2 years, I have recalled things that I did not disclose, nothing extremely serious, petty theft when I was a kid, a school yard fight.
My thought process here is I have had 2 years to reflect on this test and I want to be as open and honest as possible.
But after cruising through these fourms, I am seeing 2-5 year deferrals for similar reasons to my own.
I understand everyones file is different, but I am reserving myself to the fact that I will likely be deferred again.
I'm looking for someones thoughts on my issue
Your only options are to apply, or not. If you apply, your ONLY option is to be completely open and honest throughout the process.
Your post indicates that during your first try, you were not completely open and honest, and since then are having some concerns about things in your past, but now you are considering re-applying, while also considering again not being completely open and honest.
Bottom-line, be completely open and honest...with yourself. If THAT causes you to be concerned as to what the outcome will be upon your re-applying to the RCMP, then I STRONGLY suggest that you NOT bother applying and find inner peace in another line of employment.
N.B.: do NOT contact me, VanSmack, Ont.RCMP Recruiter, nor Depot Web, direct to plead your case and / or offer your "side" of this situation. While the other 3 are, certainly, free to reach out to you to offer to discuss your situation with you, privately, I certainly do not care to. If you know another RCMP Regular Member well-enough that you wish to reach out to them, you are certainly free to do so, and, if you do, I HIGHLY recommend that you do so in person, if you can.
MPPAC & NPF supporter

jsfleming
Rookie Member

Postby jsfleming » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Hello, thank you for your advice.
You are right if I am not open and honest whats the point.
I'm going to apply, give them everything and whatever happens after that happens.

Joel

KMallory
Rookie Member

Postby KMallory » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:22 pm

I apologize if I have put this in the wrong place.
At the beginning of the year I applied for an intelligence analyst position and about a month ago was advised that I made it all the way through the process and was awaiting selection. I was wondering if anyone on here would know if making it to that stage means a job offer is quite likely, if offers tend to take a long time to come, or if it is common for people to pass the whole process and still never get an offer.

Thank you for your help

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:40 am

KMallory wrote:I apologize if I have put this in the wrong place.
At the beginning of the year I applied for an intelligence analyst position and about a month ago was advised that I made it all the way through the process and was awaiting selection. I was wondering if anyone on here would know if making it to that stage means a job offer is quite likely, if offers tend to take a long time to come, or if it is common for people to pass the whole process and still never get an offer.

Thank you for your help
Yes
MPPAC & NPF supporter

VanSmack

Postby VanSmack » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:16 am

KMallory wrote:I apologize if I have put this in the wrong place.

Thank you for your help
There are far fewer Intelligence Analyst positions than there are RM positions, and while the Intelligence Analyst job requirements are a bit more specific than they are for RM applicants, there are still far more applications than there are positions, as a result you are going through a pretty typical government hiring process, where you are actually in a competitive pool for fewer positions than there are qualified applicants. So yes, there is a significant possibility that you can meet the bare minimums that get you to the end of the process and still not be given a job offer.

TimeToGiveBack
Rookie Member

Postby TimeToGiveBack » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Apologies if my search was awful. Even attempted in the main discussion.
Is it possible to potentially receive a conditional offer prior to Medical Clearance?
Quite a big back-log right now from what I’ve been told.

I was just issued my Security Clearance today.

Typically I’ve seen others being offered a conditional pending SC.
But have not seen pending Medical.

Appreciate any light shed. (Again, mostly just asking if it’s ultra rare, rare, common).