*** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Depot Web
Lord of the Poobahs
Location: RCMP Academy, "Depot" Division, Regina, Saskatchewan

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Depot Web » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:52 am

TimeToGiveBack wrote:Are audio (not video) recording devices permitted in the classroom settings at Depot? Usage and intent to be for later playback/transcription/studying to potentially allow for better relational understanding.
No, recording devices are not allowed. Cadets must keep personal electronic devices, including cell phones, locked in their dorm during the day.
David Calam
RCMP "Depot" Division

Kermode

Postby Kermode » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:11 pm

In regard to Troop's that are scheduled to run over December 25th. Can I choose to not fly home and just stay at Depot? Does the RCMP pay for the flight? If I can't stay at Depot, does the RCMP provide alternate accommodation in Regina?
Troop 30 - 10 December, 2018

VanSmack

Postby VanSmack » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Kermode wrote:In regard to Troop's that are scheduled to run over December 25th. Can I choose to not fly home and just stay at Depot? Does the RCMP pay for the flight? If I can't stay at Depot, does the RCMP provide alternate accommodation in Regina?
The flight will be on your own dime.

Depot closes for Christmas day and Boxing day, so staff can also enjoy the time with their respective families. If you choose to remain in Regina then arrangements will be made for you.
When people get too chummy with me, I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don’t really care about them.

mhmh95
Rookie Member

Postby mhmh95 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Just wondering, how you guys will choose O, A etc.. -deprmt while you are in process youre posting in your threads?

Uclagators
Rookie Member

Postby Uclagators » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:00 pm

I was what the factors are for making a conditional offer? Why do some people get them and others don't?

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:06 am

mhmh95 wrote:Just wondering, how you guys will choose O, A etc.. -deprmt while you are in process youre posting in your threads?
Are you asking, "At what point in training are Cadets asked what their preference is regarding the Division they will be posted to?".?
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC & NPF supporter
Husband, Dad, F-I-L, & Grampa

mhmh95
Rookie Member

Postby mhmh95 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:41 am

no, before even going to depot as I read it over here in some threads...

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:28 am

mhmh95 wrote:no, before even going to depot as I read it over here in some threads...
Applicants do NOT have a choice of Divisions or Units BEFORE even getting accepted to attend Basic Cadet Training.

It is a roll of the dice for all applicants who are not experience Police Officers, but MOST applicants from BC will be posted back there to somewhere in "E" Div. It is similar with those from AB ("K"), SK ("F"), and MB ("D"). Those 4 Divs are the ones that MOST applicants from ALL the other Provinces get posted to.

Experienced Police Officers who are applying to join the RCMP DO have the ability to seek the Division, and possibly even Unit, that they will be posted to after being accepted to patch-over and attending a conversion course.
MPPAC & NPF supporter

Depot Web
Lord of the Poobahs
Location: RCMP Academy, "Depot" Division, Regina, Saskatchewan

Postby Depot Web » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:14 am

mhmh95 wrote:no, before even going to depot as I read it over here in some threads...
To meet organizational needs, applicants from British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba have the opportunity to select their home province for their first post following graduation. The RCMP's operational needs will continue to determine the exact location of a posting.

Applicants willing to relocate anywhere within Canada will still have that option and their relocation will also be based on organizational needs.
David Calam
RCMP "Depot" Division

mhmh95
Rookie Member

Postby mhmh95 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:14 pm

Thanks guys. Just wondering - DepotWeb, what happens if 50+y/o cadet will struggle on passing the PARE at the depot, you will kick him/her out after 2 attempt or there is a chance still?

VanSmack

Postby VanSmack » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:42 pm

mhmh95 wrote:Thanks guys. Just wondering - DepotWeb, what happens if 50+y/o cadet will struggle on passing the PARE at the depot, you will kick him/her out after 2 attempt or there is a chance still?
Regardless of your age, if you don’t pass the PARE then you will be sent home.

Should bad guys give a 50+year old a head start or somehow handicap his ability to fight back in order to level the playing field?

If you have concerns that your age will prevent you from successfully meeting the physical requirements of the job then you should strongly consider whether or not your goals are realistic, and if you might in fact be a safety liability to yourself and others if you actually did scrape by at Depot.
When people get too chummy with me, I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don’t really care about them.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:16 pm

VanSmack wrote:
mhmh95 wrote:Thanks guys. Just wondering - DepotWeb, what happens if 50+y/o cadet will struggle on passing the PARE at the depot, you will kick him/her out after 2 attempt or there is a chance still?
Regardless of your age, if you don’t pass the PARE then you will be sent home.

Should bad guys give a 50+year old a head start or somehow handicap his ability to fight back in order to level the playing field?

If you have concerns that your age will prevent you from successfully meeting the physical requirements of the job then you should strongly consider whether or not your goals are realistic, and if you might in fact be a safety liability to yourself and others if you actually did scrape by at Depot.
I concur with my learned friend.
Also: I did the PARE in 4:02 - at age 53.
MPPAC & NPF supporter

CJonesNS
Rookie Member

Postby CJonesNS » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:50 pm

Just curious if you can shed light on the “reinsertion” process? I was deferred a couple years ago and didn’t bother applying until now. I had finished my poly and was on the medical when deferred. Once I reinstated my application I needed all of these medical things completed, blood work, vision, hearing, EKG and RCMP medical and psy. I have it all done minus meeting with the RCMP doctor. Once completed what would be my next step? Am I expected to start over from the beginning of the application process ? Test, poly again and so on? Thanks :)

VanSmack

Postby VanSmack » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:47 am

CJonesNS wrote:Just curious if you can shed light on the “reinsertion” process? I was deferred a couple years ago and didn’t bother applying until now. I had finished my poly and was on the medical when deferred. Once I reinstated my application I needed all of these medical things completed, blood work, vision, hearing, EKG and RCMP medical and psy. I have it all done minus meeting with the RCMP doctor. Once completed what would be my next step? Am I expected to start over from the beginning of the application process ? Test, poly again and so on? Thanks :)
I'm fairly certain you can answer that question yourself if you really thought about it.

Perhaps your results on the testing (if required) would be substantially different now than you would have achieved in your previous frame of mind. Perhaps your psychological profile might have changed in those intervening years, your health, the people you associate with, etc, etc, etc.

Reinsertion at a certain spot in the process is generally dependent upon the amount of time lapsed between whenever the tests were completed and when you're trying to apply again. The results of those various tests have a pretty well defined shelf life, sometimes they aren't even valid for the amount of time an applicant is in the process on a single application.

Ultimately the only way anyone would be able to give you a concrete answer specific to your own file would be if they had reviewed your file and could make that determination themselves. Call your local recruiting office and ask them specific questions if you want specific answers.

chmor

Postby chmor » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:41 pm

I have a question for Depotweb or Vansmack.

I was deffered till 01-Apr-19 at final suitability. My question for you is, is it common to be deffered a 2nd time for the same reason after your deferral time has lapsed?

Thank you
ON App.
Deferred until: 01-Apr-2019