*** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Caroline » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:31 am

Law&Order wrote:Bonjour madame Caroline,

Je suis à l'étape de la révision de mon Questionnaire du postulant par téléphone. Je me suis rappelé de 2 informations que j'aimerais rajouter. Dois-je en parler à mon coordinateur ou le ferais-je lors de l'appel que je recevrais ?

Merci beaucoup

Tu peux le faire lors de l entrevue téléphonique

Caroline

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:33 am

mjoshi12 wrote:Good Evening Caroline,

I sent my selection package on November 18th and now I'm waiting for the RMAQ call. I need to contact my file coordinator but i'm not exactly sure who my file coordinator is and how to contact them. Is the file coordinator the individual you send your selection package through e-post? If you could let me know who my file coordinator is and how to contact them, I would really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Mjoshi12

Wait for the RMAQ call, also, things may slow down for the holidays so you may be only contacted in Jan

Caroline

cane corso
Rookie Member

Postby cane corso » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:33 pm

I was sent to final suitability review 9 weeks ago. I still haven't heard anything yet. Is final suitability the last step or do I still need my security clearance done after final suitability?
Thanks for any reply.

jplugzz
Rookie Member

Postby jplugzz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:08 pm

Quick question:

I was wondering, for references if I am able to use my friend and his father-in-law. I had know both before my friend married his daughter.

Thank you for your time!

AlF112
Rookie Member

Postby AlF112 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:25 am

A general question I have (please do not be upset by me asking, as I am 100% serious.)

What are my odds of being flat out rejected for having a sealed youth record from when I was 15, if I was to apply at the age of lets say 21 (straight out of university.)

It was not a small offense, however it was a big wake-up call as a juvenile. I was given a year probation and was let off after 9 months due to perfect behavior and plans to join the army reserve (which I am still going through with, however am working with the recruiting center as I am not sure if I will be here in BC after graduation, or moving to Ontario if accepted.) I had also been accepted and completed the RCMP youth academy around the 7 month mark because of the amazing references my youth worker had given, and am currently planning to go to Waterloo to study Criminology/business (its a mix program.) My ultimate goal is to join the RCMP and hopefully work in patrol for the first bit, then move on and try the Gang Task Force, and ultimately doing ether YIU or community policing. I truly enjoy police work, but have a passion from the bottom of my heart to be able to be a role model and steer other kids with my own experiences.

While the website and the application (from what I have read) does exclude juvenile records, I kind of want a bit of a reality check. I had read somewhere else that this person whose uncle was a recruiter, would put HUGE red flags on any juvenile records, however his statements came with much criticism by others in the forum thread.

Again, please do not feel as though in any way I am trying to disrespect the members of this community by asking such question. It has been something that has always been on my mind and I fear will come to haunt me after graduation. Looking forward to some practical advice!

Thank you!
Al :D :wave:

*EDIT* Just going to be blunt (all though I feel very embarrassed, almost sick to the stomach.) The charge was an Assault with a Weapon (pellet gun.)

UBIQUE81
Rookie Member

Postby UBIQUE81 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi Caroline,

I'm looking for some honest answers:
- what training is provided to cadets at the Depot on mental health?
- what treatment on PTSD is available for officers while on duty?
- what accommodations are given, if any, to applicants with family - career and a kid that's going to start school in 2017
- is anyone with life experience/skills/education/maturity being evaluated for 1st posting any different than a young, single candidate with zero attachments?
- where/whom can a spouse ask specific questions/not looking for recruiter answers on this one.

Thank you

modi13
Rookie Member

Postby modi13 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:12 am

UBIQUE81 wrote:- what accommodations are given, if any, to applicants with family - career and a kid that's going to start school in 2017

I'm also curious about this; a current member told me that efforts are usually made to keep recruits with families and houses near their hometowns, with the obvious caveat that anyone can be posted anywhere if needed. It was just anecdotal information, so I'm skeptical, but do members with such attachments receive any consideration when receiving their first postings?

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:00 pm

modi13 wrote:
UBIQUE81 wrote:- what accommodations are given, if any, to applicants with family - career and a kid that's going to start school in 2017

I'm also curious about this; a current member told me that efforts are usually made to keep recruits with families and houses near their hometowns, with the obvious caveat that anyone can be posted anywhere if needed. It was just anecdotal information, so I'm skeptical, but do members with such attachments receive any consideration when receiving their first postings?

Not sure which RM or CM bothered to tell you this line of crap, or why.
"E" Div might put you back on the other side of your home town, if it was in the LMD, and MB, SK & AB types will MOST LIKELY return to "D", "F" & "K" Divs, respectively, but do NOT be disappointed, ESPECIALLY you Newfs and others from the Atlantic Region (IF it is still called that!) when you end up in Moose Knuckle MB, PinKY SK or Dry Sump AB.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

oldunclehue
Seasoned Member

Postby oldunclehue » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:30 pm

modi13 wrote:

Hometowns no, if you have a family and wife I doubt they would send you to an isolated post...but small town (with minimal amenities) is an option I have seen folks go!

modi13
Rookie Member

Postby modi13 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:50 pm

I'm from Alberta, and I only applied to the RCMP after they changed the policy so that recruits from the west can return to their home provinces because of my family situation; I'd be fine going anywhere in Alberta, it would just be a lot easier to not have to uproot my family if at all possible, and there are lots of detachments around where I live. The current member told me that when postings are determined they'll factor in whether you have any ties to a particular location and try to accommodate that, whereas postings that aren't in high demand will more often go to single members who don't own homes because they're more flexible.

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:22 pm

modi13 wrote:I'm from Alberta, and I only applied to the RCMP after they changed the policy so that recruits from the west can return to their home provinces because of my family situation; I'd be fine going anywhere in Alberta, it would just be a lot easier to not have to uproot my family if at all possible, and there are lots of detachments around where I live. The current member told me that when postings are determined they'll factor in whether you have any ties to a particular location and try to accommodate that, whereas postings that aren't in high demand will more often go to single members who don't own homes because they're more flexible.

Hi,

Sorry not how it works... the RCMP is hiring the person whatever the situation. Why should the single person be asked to move and a married person can stay put... That would be unfair. Besides working in a cummunity that you know lots of people is not ideal...

Remember, the basic requirement is to be willing to move anywhere in Canada. If you and your family are not ready for that, then this may not be the career for you. Being able to stay in your home province is already big for cadets / members. Those in central or east don't have that chance.

Caroline

soccertwin
Rookie Member

Postby soccertwin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:34 pm

I've followed the threads over time and recently decided I was ready to make this career change ( provided everything goes as planned).
I know exactly what I signed up for and look forward to the challenges and changes that lie ahead for me and my family.
Where seems to be the largest needs/ postings lately?
Is there a link or anywhere online to see all the different detachments?
Troop 32

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:15 pm

modi13 wrote:I'm from Alberta, and I only applied to the RCMP after they changed the policy so that recruits from the west can return to their home provinces because of my family situation; I'd be fine going anywhere in Alberta, it would just be a lot easier to not have to uproot my family if at all possible, and there are lots of detachments around where I live. The current member told me that when postings are determined they'll factor in whether you have any ties to a particular location and try to accommodate that, whereas postings that aren't in high demand will more often go to single members who don't own homes because they're more flexible.

I guess if you DO get "K" Div, and are willing to commute, or live apart from your family, so your wife and kids never have to leave wherever you are now, then you could do this. However, I think your family life will deteriirate from the challenges this will present. You may be better off trying to join the Municipal PS closest to you.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

modi13
Rookie Member

Postby modi13 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Thanks for the info. In retrospect, it sounds like I'm unwilling to move, which isn't the case, but it would be a lot easier to not have to sell my house and everything. I was already expecting to go wherever I'm posted, but after being told that I might get some kind of consideration for my current circumstances my hopes were raised that the disruptions for my family would be minimal.