*** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Caroline » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:03 pm

DandyLife wrote:Hello Caroline,
I was wondering what is involved with the reinsertion process. If you are approved for reinsertion at the point where you were deferred, do they then go back and review each stage that was completed before contacting you? I was deferred at the medical and every last stage was successfully completed while the medical was waiting to be approved.

Thank you for your time.

Hi,

You need to go on our website, do you vision, hearing test, apply on line, then you will be contacted and advise if you need to do anything else or what you need to do next. And yes your file will be reviewed.

Caroline

DandyLife
Rookie Member

Postby DandyLife » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:07 am

Hello Caroline,
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have already asked for reinsertion, that was 7 months ago. This is why I was wondering if everything was being scrutinized before I would hear back. I would assume it is.

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:43 am

DandyLife wrote:Hello Caroline,
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have already asked for reinsertion, that was 7 months ago. This is why I was wondering if everything was being scrutinized before I would hear back. I would assume it is.

You can contact recruiting.

Caroline

DandyLife
Rookie Member

Postby DandyLife » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:42 pm

I inquired about the status of it in August and she told me it was still under review. I try not to bother them too often, I know it's a busy job you all have.

alimartin
Rookie Member

Postby alimartin » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:44 pm

elderly42 wrote:
Caroline wrote:
Bracings wrote:Hello! I'm so happy to have found this forum (as I'm sure many are)

I'm just on the selection package of the process now, so a ways to go yet. However, I have a question that mind seem trivial but I can't seem to find the answer. I'm filling out all the forms and required document and 'applicant ID' keeps coming up. I was wondering if this is the applicant number given to me when I first applied online? Or is this number something that I get elsewhere?

Thank you so much for your time and your help

-ky

It use to be created later in the application but unsure with the new system. If you have it, its a number that shouldstart with a 2

Caroline

Applicant number on jobs.gc.ca is C with 6 digits number starting with 4 like C412345. i was also wondering if the number was good.

ty

Question is a few weeks old now, but my understanding is that the jobs.gc.ca number is not the applicant ID. I just asked my recruiter and was given a 6 digit number starting with 2 that was totally different than the one on jobs.gc.ca

Vicar1
Rookie Member

Postby Vicar1 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:31 am

HI Caroline and others,

When your file is awaiting the security clearance, can you still be deferred or Ike closed? I'm at this step of the process. Not sure if this is something to be concerned about, but I thought I would ask.
Nov 2014 - CP
Nov 2014 -e-RPAB
Dec 14: SP ✔️
Jan 15: RMAQ ✔️
Mar 15: RMSI ✔️
Mar 15: PARE ✔️
PEP: Apr 15 ✔️
BGI: ✔️
Jul 15 Med/Psych: ✔️
Aug 15 Final suitability: ✔️
PARE#2: Oct 2✔️
Final health: 11-5-15 ✔️
SC: 11-09-15 ✔️
Troop:23

micapars
Rookie Member

Postby micapars » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:35 am

Hello,

On average, how long after the PEP did you guys get your troop offer?
Last edited by micapars on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EGD604
Rookie Member

Postby EGD604 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:15 am

Hello Caroline,

I am unsure if this is the correct forum to be asking this in. I want to become a civilian member and have just applied to a crime analyst position in B.C. I was wondering what level of security clearance crime analysts require? And what process I have to go through and how long it will take? Will I need to do a polygraph test? Or go through in-depth background checks? Or both?

:ponder:

Thank you

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:27 pm

micapars wrote:Hello,

On average, how long after the PEP did you guys get your troop offer?

By asking "you guys" I'm guessing you wanted to post in the chit chat... Cause I don't give timelines except to say that if you have not heard anything in a few months, call or email your file coordinator.

Caroline

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:30 pm

EGD604 wrote:Hello Caroline,

I am unsure if this is the correct forum to be asking this in. I want to become a civilian member and have just applied to a crime analyst position in B.C. I was wondering what level of security clearance crime analysts require? And what process I have to go through and how long it will take? Will I need to do a polygraph test? Or go through in-depth background checks? Or both?

:ponder:

Thank you

I don't know the level since it can varie and I am pretty sure it's an in depth background. But if it is require to do a poly ( it can happen), you will ve explained why and how the test works.

Caroline

EGD604
Rookie Member

Postby EGD604 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Thank you Caroline,

I think the level of clearance is Reliability Status, Enhanced. I have my B.A. in criminology and I am considering technical training at the justice institute in B.C. I applied to a position of crime analyst but I am sure I need more experience and training. I am curious about the process and how it works before I start paying for tuition and go back to school.

Thank you.

Tough-dingus
Rookie Member

Postby Tough-dingus » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:42 am

I wanted to ask about posting locations. Do they consider having a family and kids before giving you your work posting? I've been planning to apply, but the only thing that slows me down is realizing that i can be posted in Iqualuit

Depot Web
Rookie Member
Location: RCMP Academy, "Depot" Division, Regina, Saskatchewan

Postby Depot Web » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Tough-dingus wrote:I wanted to ask about posting locations. Do they consider having a family and kids before giving you your work posting? I've been planning to apply, but the only thing that slows me down is realizing that i can be posted in Iqualuit

Postings to the territories are voluntary. You won't be posted to "V" Division unless you specifically request it. Northern postings also require medical exams for family members to ensure there are no underlying conditions that could put someone at risk if medical treatment were not immediately available.

Staffing does consider each member's situation. We do our best to find something that is fair for everyone, but know that the needs of the Force come first.
David Calam
RCMP "Depot" Division

Tough-dingus
Rookie Member

Postby Tough-dingus » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:34 am

Also, before i apply, is it mandatory to attend the information session? I attended few years back, and wonder if i should do it again.