*** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Vicar1
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:28 pm
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Vicar1 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:32 pm

Tango5 wrote:
vickers41 wrote:hey


Nice edit.
Just so you know, a lot of us already read that.

Yup, sure did
Nov 2014 - CP
Nov 2014 -e-RPAB
Dec 14: SP ✔️
Jan 15: RMAQ ✔️
Mar 15: RMSI ✔️
Mar 15: PARE ✔️
PEP: Apr 15 ✔️
BGI: ✔️
Jul 15 Med/Psych: ✔️
Aug 15 Final suitability: ✔️
PARE#2: Oct 2✔️
Final health: 11-5-15 ✔️
SC: 11-09-15 ✔️
Troop:23

User avatar
GenOrange
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby GenOrange » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Good gravy I came back to read the post to my gf, and it was gone. It literally may have been the single funniest post I've read on this forum. Some people have no clue that some of us check in on these forums multiple times daily.

Good times.

Azalin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Azalin » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:58 pm

It was an epic post. I wanted to just post the smiley of eating popcorn but the site doesn't have it lol.

Also Vansmack, Cobra Kai were dicks 8) .

Tango5
Rookie Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:34 am
Location: E Div
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Tango5 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:49 pm

VanSmack wrote:Cole's notes version: that dude lied on his polygraph and got caught, and wanted to know if it will effect his chances of getting hired. He also added at the end (as if it wasn't a big deal), that he had solicited and paid someone to perform a sexual act on him.


Lol. Yes. Caught lying during poly about stealing a candy/chocolate bar from his sister. He also worries now about being charged for soliciting and paying for the spicy massage.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

GooseT404
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:34 pm
Location: Langley, British Columbia
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby GooseT404 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Awwww what did I miss?! Lol

Tango5
Rookie Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:34 am
Location: E Div
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Tango5 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:24 pm

GooseT404 wrote:Awwww what did I miss?! Lol


Not much, bunch of child like expressions.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:45 am

Tango5 wrote:
VanSmack wrote:Cole's notes version: that dude lied on his polygraph and got caught, and wanted to know if it will effect his chances of getting hired. He also added at the end (as if it wasn't a big deal), that he had solicited and paid someone to perform a sexual act on him.


Lol. Yes. Caught lying during poly about stealing a candy/chocolate bar from his sister. He also worries now about being charged for soliciting and paying for the spicy massage.

You know, I was GOING to either "quote" that post, or copy and save it in the Admin & Mod Only area for hysterical purposes, and I was too slow on the draw.

Vicar1: "So, where's the action here in Pile O'Bones?!"

Drill Cst: "Steady there, you extremely funny, glib little man!"
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

alimartin
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:17 pm
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby alimartin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi Caroline,

The current posting on jobs.gc.ca is only open until Sept 30, but I am waiting on ICES credit evaluation before I can apply (graduated high school in the US). Do you know if they will reopen the posting? Is it my understanding that I must have the ICES credit evaluation in hand before I apply?

Also, are you aware of any E div plans to do another focused recruiting session for women?

Thanks!
Last edited by alimartin on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EastCoaster
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:50 pm
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby EastCoaster » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:53 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Tango5 wrote:
VanSmack wrote:Cole's notes version: that dude lied on his polygraph and got caught, and wanted to know if it will effect his chances of getting hired. He also added at the end (as if it wasn't a big deal), that he had solicited and paid someone to perform a sexual act on him.


Lol. Yes. Caught lying during poly about stealing a candy/chocolate bar from his sister. He also worries now about being charged for soliciting and paying for the spicy massage.

You know, I was GOING to either "quote" that post, or copy and save it in the Admin & Mod Only area for hysterical purposes, and I was too slow on the draw.

Vicar1: "So, where's the action here in Pile O'Bones?!"

Drill Cst: "Steady there, you extremely funny, glib little man!"



I actually took a screenshot with my phone so I could show my girlfriend as I figured it would get edited or deleted quickly. I won't post it here (seems the improper place) but can elsewhere if you would like - just let me know where.
RPAB: 01/15
SP: 02/15
RMSI: 03/15
PARE #1: 04/15 (3:45)
PEP: 06/15
PEP Review: 06/15 (Recommended)
BGI: 07/15
Med & Psych: 08/15
Suitability: 08/15
Med & Psych Clearance: 10/15
PARE # 2: 11/15 (3:34)
Security Clearance: 11/15
Troop 22!

User avatar
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: GTR
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Okay okay... let's get back on track... "Ask an RCMP Recruiter"... :thumbsup:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<


***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

dallas220
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby dallas220 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:09 pm

Good day, Caroline (or any other recruiter)

I have a question concerning family that I don't believe I have seen on the forums before. (And if there is, I apologize)

When listing immediate family, it mentions siblings (including half and step), what would I do if I have 4 half siblings but have been estranged from them my entire life. That is, I have never formally met them or had anything to do with them since birth.
I ask this because they are my fathers children from before our family (me, my real brother and mother), but they have no relationship with any of us.

What steps should I take? I am unsure of their info (date of birth, locations, etc). The most I know is their names.

Any help would be great,

Thank you

kirouac
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Gatineau
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby kirouac » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi :) My question is this one: I have pass the BTATPG and I have send my selection package at 2015-07-24.

I will pass my TAPE test tomorrow ( 2015-08-30) but my recruiter didn't send me an email, that was my initiative, is that ok?

or is this will go faster?

BHyatt
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:35 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby BHyatt » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:06 am

Hey,

I'm new to the form im glad to see everyone's success!! Makes me excited that I'm finally starting my process after waiting to gain life experience after college!

My question for the recruiter is once I get to filling out all the forms, do I need to list 5 people? What if I only associate with 4 mostly outside of my family? Will that hinder me or should I just add a fifth?

Thank you!
Info Session: Aug/16
Online App: 2016-AUG-26
SP: 2016-NOV-6
SP Re Sent: 2016-NOV-29
RMAQ Phone call: 2016-DEC-21
PEP:
PEP Rec:
Med:
Med Cleared:
BGI:
Troop:

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:51 am
Location: Montréal
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Caroline » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:28 pm

alimartin wrote:Hi Caroline,

The current posting on jobs.gc.ca is only open until Sept 30, but I am waiting on ICES credit evaluation before I can apply (graduated high school in the US). Do you know if they will reopen the posting? Is it my understanding that I must have the ICES credit evaluation in hand before I apply?

Also, are you aware of any E div plans to do another focused recruiting session for women?

Thanks!


No worries, a new one will be postedon the 30th and so on. The posting has to have an end date.

Caroline


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], SemrushBot and 11 guests