*** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
hoytbowhunter
Rookie Member

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby hoytbowhunter » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:03 am

Hi Caroline ,

I was unsuccessful at the rmsi stage of the process in January 2014 and I would like to be re-inserted in the selection process. What are the steps I need to take in order to do so?

Thank you

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:35 pm

hoytbowhunter wrote:Hi Caroline ,

I was unsuccessful at the rmsi stage of the process in January 2014 and I would like to be re-inserted in the selection process. What are the steps I need to take in order to do so?

Thank you

****Edit****

I made a mistake. To ensure that all of you are aware I will also post in the Chit Chat Thread.

For a reinsertion, you need to get your vision and hearing tests (forms on our website) THEN apply on line through jobs.gc.ca (link also on our website).
My appologies for this mistake and hope it is clear for everyone. If any questions, PM me.

Caroline
Last edited by Caroline on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:37 pm

saperlipopette wrote:I have a question. I noticed that a lot of applicants had their security clearance before medical and psy. I was told I had to go through medical and psy before processing security clearance. Is that normal?
Actually I have a second question : what does the NCO review exactly ? How long does that take?
Thanks

Khadi

Yes it does happen,

The NCO review is a review of the entire file, ensuring that nothing is missing in the file and that nothing is expired etc.

Caroline

hoytbowhunter
Rookie Member

Postby hoytbowhunter » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:41 pm

Caroline wrote:

Thank you

You need to write a quick e-mail to your recruiting office (depending on your province) and they will send you the instructions on how to request a re insertion.

Caroline

I am applying out of Ottawa, could you please give me the e-mail address for that division?

Thank you

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:44 pm

hoytbowhunter wrote:
Caroline wrote:

Thank you

You need to write a quick e-mail to your recruiting office (depending on your province) and they will send you the instructions on how to request a re insertion.

Caroline

I am applying out of Ottawa, could you please give me the e-mail address for that division?

Thank you

You need to go through our web site, hearing and vision test and then register on line.

Caroline
Last edited by Caroline on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

alimartin
Rookie Member

Postby alimartin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Now that the visual and hearing tests are required before you apply, how long are those tests good for?

Thanks!

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:35 pm

alimartin wrote:Now that the visual and hearing tests are required before you apply, how long are those tests good for?

Thanks!

One year

Caroline

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:44 am

****IMPORTANT CORRECTION****

For a reinsertion, you will now need to do your vision and hearing and THEN register through Jobs.gc.ca (link are on our website).
Any question PM me.

Sorry if this may have caused some confusion.

Caroline

elderly42
Rookie Member

Postby elderly42 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Hello Caroline,

The pass mark for the RPAB is 3.2 out of 5.0. but as of right now what mark do you need in order to continue the process.

TY

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:32 pm

elderly42 wrote:Hello Caroline,

The pass mark for the RPAB is 3.2 out of 5.0. but as of right now what mark do you need in order to continue the process.

TY

Caroline

elderly42
Rookie Member

Postby elderly42 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:30 pm

Caroline wrote:
elderly42 wrote:Hello Caroline,

TY

Caroline

OK So its not like before, when you where on a list and only applicant with 4.2ish would get the selection package. so as long as you pass the test you go to round 5.selection package.

GooseT404
Rookie Member

Postby GooseT404 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:15 am

hello
I just recently received a one year deferral on my file. I was told I could get a copy of my file. Could you tell me how I do this?
thanks in advance

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:27 am

GooseT404 wrote:hello
I just recently received a one year deferral on my file. I was told I could get a copy of my file. Could you tell me how I do this?
thanks in advance

Youcan access parts of your documents ( what is public), through "access to information. ". It is not something that is done often. If you don't understand the reason of your deferral, you can call recruiting. We take the time to explain the reasons. But sometimes people are stresssed and only get a part of what was said to them.

Hope this helps

Caroline

vickers41
Rookie Member

Postby vickers41 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:54 am

hey

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:04 pm

vickers41 wrote:hey

Nice edit.
Just so you know, a lot of us already read that.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.