*** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
newman
Rookie Member

Re: ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER

Postby newman » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Does exercise-induced asthma jeopardize one's chances of getting in?
"The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness. Choose one or the other with great care."

BlueStripedPants
Rookie Member

Postby BlueStripedPants » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:16 pm

newman wrote:Does exercise-induced asthma jeopardize one's chances of getting in?

I'm glad you had the nerve to ask this.

I am also wondering if having having prosthetic hands reduces my competitiveness.
Under-promise and over-deliver.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:13 pm

Greetings Constable Letang,

First gotta say, great to have your help with answering questions relating to the hiring process.

When it comes to interview process, I know life experience is a huge must for recruiters.
Any suggestions for ways to build upon the type of life experience that recruiters look for?

Thank you
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

jos1985
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby jos1985 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:34 pm

newman wrote:Does exercise-induced asthma jeopardize one's chances of getting in?

Case by case basis but you must be able to complete the PARE without using a fast acting inhaler beforehand.

nyte ryder
Rookie Member

Postby nyte ryder » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:38 pm

jos1985 wrote:

Case by case basis but you must be able to complete the PARE without using a fast acting inhaler beforehand.

How about afterward?

jos1985
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby jos1985 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:54 pm

nyte ryder wrote:
jos1985 wrote:

How about afterward?

Short acting inhalers can only be used after the test if needed. Long acting or combined inhalers are allowed.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/recruiting-re ... 86-eng.htm

Nix
Rookie Member

Postby Nix » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:08 pm

I did my test in March, and 6 weeks after I received the letter stating that I passed my RPAB; However I never received a selection package or an invitation to do the PARE.

Once a year has passed, what are the chances that someone will get a selection package?

Thank you in advance

Nix

sskulmos
Rookie Member

How many cadets is the RCMP looking to hire between 2011-201

Postby sskulmos » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Hello,

Approximately how many cadets is the RCMP looking to hire between 2011-2012?

Depot Web
Rookie Member
Location: RCMP Academy, "Depot" Division, Regina, Saskatchewan

Re: How many cadets is the RCMP looking to hire between 2011-201

Postby Depot Web » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:09 pm

sskulmos wrote:Hello,

Approximately how many cadets is the RCMP looking to hire between 2011-2012?

There are 20 cadet troops scheduled to graduate during the 2011/12 fiscal year, or approximately 576 newly engaged constables (assuming a 90% success rate).

As for the number of cadets that will arrive at Depot during the 2011/12 fiscal year, the complete schedule has not yet been announced but there are ten cadet troops scheduled to arrive during the first half of the fiscal year (April to October 2011). The schedule for the second half of the year (October 2011 to April 2012) has not been released, but we expect numbers similar to the first half.
David Calam
RCMP "Depot" Division

Vali
Rookie Member

Postby Vali » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi Caroline:
I am in the process of writing a new book called 911 and I'm having difficulty retrieving stories from "female" police officers. I'm wondering if you could help? I am looking for a story that the police officer has done in the line of duty that has some how changed her perception of the job, or life in general or that of society. If you have one or know someone that does could you please contact me at valistone@hotmail.com

ladycop2be
Rookie Member

Postby ladycop2be » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:42 pm

I wrote my RPAT on August 23rd of this year and still have not received my results. I am in O Division. I was wondering if this is a normal timeframe?
Career Presentation: March 2010
RPAT: August 23rd 2010
Results: October 18th 2010 ( Passed)
Next? The Waiting Game!

steveb087
Rookie Member

Postby steveb087 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:03 pm

I know you guys are backed up on re-insertions, what's the approximate wait time on an approval to go forward?

Also, last year I was appouved for re-insertion, but I found out my wife was pregnant after I was recieved my package and didn't send it in. Would the fact that I was approuved last year speed things up this year?