Ask the CBSA!

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
KristenHW
Rookie Member

Re: Ask the CBSA!

Postby KristenHW » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:07 am

Lospollos wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:57 am
KristenHW wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:47 pm
Hi,

Does anyone happen to know how the selection process for the training port of entry is done? I've been told that the trainee can list 3 top preferences, but are these preferences based on separate districts, ex. 1) Montreal, 2) Longueuil, 3) Dorval?

I'm also wondering if anyone happens to know if there are unilingual (English) CBSA positions in Montreal, QC?

My partner is finishing up his contract with the CAF and he's been all over. He's from Montreal and speaks English. He's looking to work in a similar field, but also looking for stability and doesn't want to move around again. What are the odds that if he lists those 3 preferences above, he'll be assigned to a port of entry in Montreal or the surrounding area? There are quite a few offices in Montreal... airports, marine warehouse, truck warehouse, postal, etc.

Thank you!
Anyone correct if I am wrong but I believe you select by region and not port of entry specifically. Also as far as I know there are no unilingual positions in Montreal except for SBSO positions.
Thank you for your reply!

Jumb34t

Postby Jumb34t » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 am

Spitz42 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:30 am
Jumb34t wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:35 am
Ulcaster555 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:17 am

Questions are not to be divulged in any way. This information is private and not to be shared with anyone.

Just answer the questions honestly.
If you received the invitation through email, the 'kinds of questions' that you'll be asked should be on that email. Also, there are lots of info about the interview in the General CBSA Chit Chat.
I will check the general CBSA chit chat. I need to get going on the exercise, I usually am very physically fit. With the covid-19 though it has effected my physical fitness quite a bit, but I will get on it.
Covid-19 definitely affected everyone's physical fitness. In the GTA, most, if not all, gyms can only have 10 people at a time, so it's hard to book a workout. Plus with the cold weather outside, it's hard to be able to do some exercise. But if you can find enough space indoors, you could check out this link from the CBSA site: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/job-emploi/ ... e-eng.html If you take a look at the 'Option 2', a lot of them are very good specially if you don't have any equipment available. Good luck :thumbsup:
CBSA Applicant - GTA
Applied: Sep/18
OTEE: Oct/18 77.5%
Interview: Apr/19
PARE: Aug/19
Psych Eval: Oct/19
Psych Interview: Nov/19
Sec Doc sent: Jan/20
CFSC & CRFSC: Mar/20
Med Eval: May/20
Sec Interview & Clearance: July/20
OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

Spitz42
Rookie Member

Postby Spitz42 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:03 am

Lospollos wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:03 am
Spitz42 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:29 am
Lospollos wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:45 am

I did my test in September 2018 got my interview in June 2019 and now still waiting for my psych.. just keep in contact with them to make sure ur still in the process
Que tal los pollos? yeah so I got a email saying that I need to hand in my documents like post secondary, highschool and to take the firearms courses. Which I am currently working on. After all this is sent electronically I was told I might get an interview date. Does anyone know how to prepare for the interview and what to expect.

I am open to advice and learning.

Regards
Haha a breaking bad reference. Once u get the email interview it's pretty straight forward it's not a STAR based method and the types of questions u will be asked are in the email. Don't stress it too much.
Hey thank you for the advice. Just handed in my documents, time to wait some more.

Spitz42
Rookie Member

Postby Spitz42 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:06 am

Jumb34t wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 am
Spitz42 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:30 am
Jumb34t wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:35 am

If you received the invitation through email, the 'kinds of questions' that you'll be asked should be on that email. Also, there are lots of info about the interview in the General CBSA Chit Chat.
I will check the general CBSA chit chat. I need to get going on the exercise, I usually am very physically fit. With the covid-19 though it has effected my physical fitness quite a bit, but I will get on it.
Covid-19 definitely affected everyone's physical fitness. In the GTA, most, if not all, gyms can only have 10 people at a time, so it's hard to book a workout. Plus with the cold weather outside, it's hard to be able to do some exercise. But if you can find enough space indoors, you could check out this link from the CBSA site: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/job-emploi/ ... e-eng.html If you take a look at the 'Option 2', a lot of them are very good specially if you don't have any equipment available. Good luck :thumbsup:
Very good resource, thank you for the information.