Ask the CBSA!

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Highland2012

Re: Ask the CBSA!

Postby Highland2012 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:59 pm

Hey guys I had a quick question,

I'm on the S/C portion of my process, and am waiting for the security screening interview. I moved for work in April, and from where I started my application. I e-mailed recruiting telling them back in April but haven't received any e-mails back.

Should I send another e-mail?

Does anyone know if this is normal?

Cheers,

Catlady
Rookie Member

Postby Catlady » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Highland2012 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:59 pm
Hey guys I had a quick question,

I'm on the S/C portion of my process, and am waiting for the security screening interview. I moved for work in April, and from where I started my application. I e-mailed recruiting telling them back in April but haven't received any e-mails back.

Should I send another e-mail?

Does anyone know if this is normal?

Cheers,
I moved in April, emailed HR with my new address, and they replied within the week to confirm they received the information and updated my file. You may want to email and ask if yours was received.
CBSA -
Applied - January 2019
OTEE - February 2019 (pass)
Interview - April 2019 (pass)
CFSC/CRFSC - April 2019 (pass)
PARE - June 2019 (pass)

fiorj
Rookie Member

Postby fiorj » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi , i just want to know if someone have done the second language evaluation? It is the last test i have to do in my process and i don't really know what it looks like.
CSBA

Applied : 2016
PARE : June 2018 - Pass
Interview : FEB 2019 - Pass
Psych test : APRIL 2019 - Pass
Psych interview : APRIL 2019 - Pass
Security Form : MAY 2019
Medical : MAY 2019 - Pass
SLE : ?
Security Interview : ?

CanBr19
Rookie Member

Postby CanBr19 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:44 pm

Last edited by CanBr19 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Squadcar

Postby Squadcar » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:57 am

Hi again, all. As some of you have indicated in the past, Beaver Creek YK is prone to hurting for officers. I happen to be in a position where I'm looking to go somewhere extreme for a couple of years (with the hopes of eventually returning to my home city on the total opposite side of Canada). As such, I'm hoping to get in touch with someone who has worked in Beaver Creek to answer a couple random questions of mine.

First question, are there typically openings for Beaver Creek in every class? I'm of course open to going anywhere but I'd like to think that I have a pretty good chance of taking this bullet for someone.

Secondly, if posted to Beaver Creek, is housing provided by the agency? If not, how difficult to acquire/expensive is housing?

Last but not least, is it difficult to get out of there on a transfer once your time is up? I'd be hoping to get back to St. John's NL if at all possible so I know I'd likely have to wait for a spot to open up and for my turn to take such spot. Bonus points if anyone has worked in St. John's or knows anything about it!

I'm open to any other details anyone might have about this port and the intricacies surrounding it. If you'd prefer to answer via PM I'd be more than happy to chat with you there. I'm intrigued by the prospect of going from the most easterly point in Canada to the most westerly and hopefully dragging my poor girlfriend with me.

Thanks in advance.