Page 838 of 847

Re: Just joined wanting to apply

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:59 pm
by Kharlvp
neonlights97 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:56 pm
Kharlvp wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:18 am
Hey guys, I’m new here and I only joined to read the CBSA related subjects. I’m going to applying this Feb when they start the new hiring process. I can’t wait but I’m scared. I’ve been wanting this job since I was 11, ever since I arrived to Canada. I just need pointers. What am I expecting in the entrance exam and how can I study for it? What is expected in the interview? How long will the process take? What other tests do I need to do and how do I pass them?
Kharlvp, curious minds would like to know, how are you aware that a new hiring process will begin this February?
I spoke to an Superintendent last year when they were hiring and he said next year around January or February. I met the superintendent at networking day at my college I have his personal email.

Re: Just joined wanting to apply

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:35 pm
by neonlights97
Kharlvp wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:59 pm
neonlights97 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:56 pm
Kharlvp wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:18 am
Hey guys, I’m new here and I only joined to read the CBSA related subjects. I’m going to applying this Feb when they start the new hiring process. I can’t wait but I’m scared. I’ve been wanting this job since I was 11, ever since I arrived to Canada. I just need pointers. What am I expecting in the entrance exam and how can I study for it? What is expected in the interview? How long will the process take? What other tests do I need to do and how do I pass them?
Kharlvp, curious minds would like to know, how are you aware that a new hiring process will begin this February?
I spoke to an Superintendent last year when they were hiring and he said next year around January or February. I met the superintendent at networking day at my college I have his personal email.
Now here’s something that you don’t hear everyday! Thanks for the info fellow future applicant, good luck throughout the process! 🙂

Re: Just joined wanting to apply

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:52 pm
by Kharlvp
neonlights97 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:35 pm
Kharlvp wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:59 pm
neonlights97 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:56 pm


Kharlvp, curious minds would like to know, how are you aware that a new hiring process will begin this February?
I spoke to an Superintendent last year when they were hiring and he said next year around January or February. I met the superintendent at networking day at my college I have his personal email.
Now here’s something that you don’t hear everyday! Thanks for the info fellow future applicant, good luck throughout the process! 🙂
Good luck mate!

Re: Just joined wanting to apply

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:08 am
by cbmcmsa
Kharlvp wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:52 pm
neonlights97 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:35 pm
Kharlvp wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:59 pm

I spoke to an Superintendent last year when they were hiring and he said next year around January or February. I met the superintendent at networking day at my college I have his personal email.
Now here’s something that you don’t hear everyday! Thanks for the info fellow future applicant, good luck throughout the process! 🙂
Good luck mate!
Is this a superintendent that is with the recruiting division, or was it just a Supt from a port doing a recruiting event. The two aren't mutually exclusive, and while they may have an idea of when the next one MIGHT be, I guarantee you they wouldn't have this kind of insight a year out with 100% certainty. More than likely, they gave you their best approximation of when it would be based on trends they've seen. I'm not saying it's wrong or that it won't be Feb. Just don't get your hopes up until they actually post something. From what I have seen, they usually do late Jan-Early Feb because it's the last quarter of the Government's Fiscal year which allows them to get a pool of applicants and see what their budget for new fiscal will allow for hiring.


^^ My two cents as a fed.

Re: Just joined wanting to apply

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:27 am
by neonlights97
cbmcmsa wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:08 am
Kharlvp wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:52 pm
neonlights97 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:35 pm


Now here’s something that you don’t hear everyday! Thanks for the info fellow future applicant, good luck throughout the process! 🙂
Good luck mate!
Is this a superintendent that is with the recruiting division, or was it just a Supt from a port doing a recruiting event. The two aren't mutually exclusive, and while they may have an idea of when the next one MIGHT be, I guarantee you they wouldn't have this kind of insight a year out with 100% certainty. More than likely, they gave you their best approximation of when it would be based on trends they've seen. I'm not saying it's wrong or that it won't be Feb. Just don't get your hopes up until they actually post something. From what I have seen, they usually do late Jan-Early Feb because it's the last quarter of the Government's Fiscal year which allows them to get a pool of applicants and see what their budget for new fiscal will allow for hiring.


^^ My two cents as a fed.
With so many recruitment events going on from Coast to Coast, it's hard to believe that they won't be listing a job posting sooner rather than later...

We just need to learn to take things as they come and with a grain of salt; eventually, it will open up.

Re: Ask the CBSA!

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:45 pm
by Highland2012
Hey guys,

This seems like a really dumb question but does the CBSA actually do border patrol along the border? or does the CBSA just do POE's and inland stuff? I was browsing job listings and saw that a Border Services Officer and a Border Patrol Officer were paid differently.I never seem to see CBSA vehicles along the border either which I drive along side of regularly to avoid highway traffic. I do see lots of US Border Patrol, but never once seen a CBSA Vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

New info about recruiting process!

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:20 am
by Kharlvp
Hello friends,

Just to answer someone’s question and an update on the news the superintendent told me. The superintendent I speak to is in charge of a southern section in Alberta. So I did email him again about a week ago about when the hiring process was. He was told by a superintendent from the recruiting team that the process could be in April now. He told me this is the most recent news his gotten from the recruiting team. He recommends to just keep checking the website or set up an alert on the GC jobs website. This is the best I can do for you guys I’ll keep in touch with my superintendent for you boys!

Re: New info about recruiting process!

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:07 pm
by neonlights97
Kharlvp wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:20 am
Hello friends,

Just to answer someone’s question and an update on the news the superintendent told me. The superintendent I speak to is in charge of a southern section in Alberta. So I did email him again about a week ago about when the hiring process was. He was told by a superintendent from the recruiting team that the process could be in April now. He told me this is the most recent news his gotten from the recruiting team. He recommends to just keep checking the website or set up an alert on the GC jobs website. This is the best I can do for you guys I’ll keep in touch with my superintendent for you boys!
April would make sense... after all the recruitment events have taken place.

Re: Ask the CBSA!

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:24 pm
by Ulcaster555
Highland2012 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:45 pm
Hey guys,

This seems like a really dumb question but does the CBSA actually do border patrol along the border? or does the CBSA just do POE's and inland stuff? I was browsing job listings and saw that a Border Services Officer and a Border Patrol Officer were paid differently.I never seem to see CBSA vehicles along the border either which I drive along side of regularly to avoid highway traffic. I do see lots of US Border Patrol, but never once seen a CBSA Vehicle.

Thanks in advance.
At this time the CBSA does not have Border Patrol, that job is for the RCMP. The union is pushing for a proper Border Patrol, don't expect it anytime soon.

Re: New info about recruiting process!

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:35 pm
by Ulcaster555
neonlights97 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:07 pm
Kharlvp wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:20 am
Hello friends,

Just to answer someone’s question and an update on the news the superintendent told me. The superintendent I speak to is in charge of a southern section in Alberta. So I did email him again about a week ago about when the hiring process was. He was told by a superintendent from the recruiting team that the process could be in April now. He told me this is the most recent news his gotten from the recruiting team. He recommends to just keep checking the website or set up an alert on the GC jobs website. This is the best I can do for you guys I’ll keep in touch with my superintendent for you boys!
April would make sense... after all the recruitment events have taken place.
I would even say maybe after April, its all a question of Budgets. Budgets are usually approved around mid-April, and by the time it goes down it could be in May, all depending on the department.

Re: Ask the CBSA!

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:59 pm
by Stone.
Highland2012 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:45 pm
Hey guys,

This seems like a really dumb question but does the CBSA actually do border patrol along the border? or does the CBSA just do POE's and inland stuff? I was browsing job listings and saw that a Border Services Officer and a Border Patrol Officer were paid differently.I never seem to see CBSA vehicles along the border either which I drive along side of regularly to avoid highway traffic. I do see lots of US Border Patrol, but never once seen a CBSA Vehicle.

Thanks in advance.
You most likely got this information from a article that was posted recently right? The one about Border Patrol Officers making $99,000 and being fine gentlemen or whatever. Forget everything you learned from that article.

Re: Ask the CBSA!

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:25 am
by neggo
Forgive me for my ignorance, but does the CBSA, during the application process, ask about other law enforcement applications that an applicant has active? Does getting a deferral in the RCMP, for example, have any bearing on the CBSA application process?

Re: Ask the CBSA!

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:01 am
by hsinom
neggo wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:25 am
Forgive me for my ignorance, but does the CBSA, during the application process, ask about other law enforcement applications that an applicant has active? Does getting a deferral in the RCMP, for example, have any bearing on the CBSA application process?
It does and doesn’t in my experience. But I’d suggest apply and let them decide.

Re: Ask the CBSA!

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:12 am
by Kharlvp
Does anyone know if the entrance exam is taken in a classroom or online at your home now? As well as what are the questions like? Does it include math because I can’t even do basic numbers I have a little bit of learning issue with math lol

Re: Ask the CBSA!

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:13 am
by neggo
hsinom wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:01 am
[quote=neggo post_id=845243 time=<a href="tel:1580365511">1580365511</a> user_id=38932]
Forgive me for my ignorance, but does the CBSA, during the application process, ask about other law enforcement applications that an applicant has active? Does getting a deferral in the RCMP, for example, have any bearing on the CBSA application process?
It does and doesn’t in my experience. But I’d suggest apply and let them decide.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. So to confirm if I am understanding this correctly, they may or may not ask about whether or not an applicant has applied to different law enforcement agencies?